List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The question you have to ask in a rebuild is 'why would you play players who won't be in your next premiership or who dont serve a specific purpose such as position or leadership?'. You could replace Sutcliffe, Pearce and maybe Suban with virtually anybody on our list and it would be advantageous for the future. Johnson's replacements should be looked at. Give the young leaders a chance to stand up. Sometimes players of lesser skill revel in leadership.
If I were Ross I'd be laying it all on the line with the young players. Ask them what they honestly think is their individual strength and try to play to it, rather than have them play to a dysfunctional game plan.
When Ross goes to GC I'll apply with that plan.

Who else other than Nyhuis would've you played today out of curiosity? I don't really see many other options I'd consider. Maybe Collins? - but the defence looked fine last week - why add another tall when Johnson and Hamling looked fine last week? Anyone else who's fit is either just returning from injury, have spent most of the year in the WAFL reserves or is also not part of our long term plans.

Johnson looked cooked today, they flew over Ibbotson and Collins but neither did played. If sort of implies someone is under a cloud but played. It could have been any of 19 players by the way they played. If it was Johnson, why bother?

Who else other than Nyhuis would've you played today out of curiosity? I don't really see many other options I'd consider. Maybe Collins? - but the defence looked fine last week - why change it? Anyone else who's fit is either just returning from injury, have spent most of the year in the WAFL reserves or is also not part of our long term plans.
Collins will be gone , very deboer like last year as non playing emergency. The problem really is manage player , Brisbane and Carlton do that this year with their first year players .(eg sps, hipwood, berry)

Who else other than Nyhuis would've you played today out of curiosity? I don't really see many other options I'd consider. Maybe Collins? - but the defence looked fine last week - why add another tall when Johnson and Hamling looked fine last week? Anyone else who's fit is either just returning from injury, have spent most of the year in the WAFL reserves or is also not part of our long term plans.
Nyhuis only in is fine. I'll take one in over none. As for the backline, I'd 'rest' Johnson and give Collins a crack, why not? Get games into them. We're not playing for anything now, other than the future.

Nyhuis only in is fine. I'll take one in over none. As for the backline, I'd 'rest' Johnson and give Collins a crack, why not? Get games into them. We're not playing for anything now, other than the future.

Fair enough. I thought you wanted to play underdone players instead of Pearce, Sutcliffe, Suban etc. By next season I expect a lot of these types to be gone, maybe not these three specifically (although hopefully) but also looking at 4-5 names from outside the team today.

I think we as supporters are tolerating a bit of inconsistency this year and treating every small win as a bonus. Next year will be a different story and we will want to at least break even and be competitive in the majority of matches.

Also expecting a clean injury list at the start of the year. 6 months is more than enough time to recover from most injuries barring ACLs.

The overreaction and jump to speculation after todays' game is actually sickening. Bring on 2018. You would think Ross got half our playing list killed out there today.

If we lost by 10 goals but showed the same effort would of just been:

"Sydney too good, continuing their form into finals"

But no, we lost by 100 so it's:

"Club is a disaster off the field and Ross is trying to leave"

It was almost like Ross was trying to prove to someone that Danyle is finished so put him back there to make an absolute embarrassment of himself and leave no one in any doubt.
Well if that was the aim then it was achieved with flying colours. There will be an anarchy if Fanyle Pearce is picked again.

Never thought I would see quality players who I have always rated putting in such lazy,non-commital efforts as I did yesterday.

Flip-side is I'm thinking the rebuild looks healthy and probably on track,even down to the likes of Strnadica beginning to show a bit.Next thing is to dominate the draft and trading period again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage I'm thinking;
2018 - 10th
2019 - 7th out in straight sets
2020 - 6th win 1 final
2021 - new coach
Umm , really not sure . I still hoping Ross can turn it around like longmuir and clarkson.

If Ross gets us to finals by 2019 he's doing very well and could even be offered another extension. If we stay in finals two years in a row then I can't see him not keeping his job beyond 2020 provided he still wants it.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The overreaction and jump to speculation after todays' game is actually sickening. Bring on 2018. You would think Ross got half our playing list killed out there today.

If we lost by 10 goals but showed the same effort would of just been:

"Sydney too good, continuing their form into finals"

But no, we lost by 100 so it's:

"Club is a disaster off the field and Ross is trying to leave"
Just posted in the media thread aftter watching footy wa ,didnt the panel of former eagle bois get stuck into him...id have no dramas if they leveled vaild criticisms at him(and there were a few to choose from yesterday) but no out came just personal gripes and hyperbole ........ there was no such comments after the gws game about ross and freos rebuild only two weeks ago....funny that

Collins will be gone , very deboer like last year as non playing emergency. The problem really is manage player , Brisbane and Carlton do that this year with their first year players .(eg sps, hipwood, berry)

The Lions & Carlton especially are developing their player better than us.

Scott Watters has an axe to grind. He took over from St. Kilda where Lyon was almost the most successful coach the club had ever had in over a century. He then chose to talk down and destroy Lyon's legacy as a way to differentiate himself. He alienated and moved on Saints stalwarts who could have helped with a quick rebuild. He lost his job because everyone at the Saints knew what a good coach looked like, and it wasn't Watters.

I think it is 7 first year players for Fremantle, not 7 1st year players.

1st Year players:
Ryan
Logue
Darcy
Cox

1st year playing for Fremantle
McCarthy
Kersten
Hamling
Hill

Maybe guys like Suban are getting a run so that we don't go full Melbourne (09/10) where "playing the youth" was prioritised over teaching young players how to play the game properly.
People confuse the fact we have had 7 debutants in 2017 not all playing at the one time.

Ross should be getting us to finals next season.

This 4 years out of the finals stuff is rubbish. Good teams turn things around quicker than that.
I think Cats who have never bottomed out and only missed finals once since 2007 and they keep developing their younger players very well. Probably even better now that Simon Lloyd is develop manager. Also they get trades done very well.

Back