List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing Devil's Advocate for a second here.

The club has come out and refuted this as the biggest load of crap however why would Brad Hardie say something like this?

Maybe he's been passed incorrect information? If so, where did his information come from? Why would information of this nature be passed to him?

Something doesn't quite add up unless people here are suggesting that Brad Hardie wakes up in the morning and decides that he wants to make something up about the Fremantle Football Club but even then, this is a big leap.

I listened to the tail end of their broadcast of the game yesterday. I guess there hadn't been much interest in the game for a while and in the last couple of minutes commentator Shane (What's your Name?) McInnes was barracking for Sydney to inflict the biggest losing margin against a side coached by Ross Lyon.

I imagine that atmosphere spilled over into the post-game talkback.

You just got to look at the Bennell and Balic threads on here to see how something takes off with suggestion.
There's a lot of people with no idea who post stuff because the narrative fits with what they're thinking and it makes them seem interesting if they say it.

On sports programs there's a demand to fill the void - and with live radio there's less chance of filtering and deleting stuff.

Last edited:
Club needs to stop interviews with 6PR.

Fremantle fans need to blackband the station as well.

Also, the club needs to call out liars.
Ross Lyon doesn't take attacks on his integrity very well, or what he believes to be a slight on his integrity. He just won't deal with that journalist again.

I'd say that's a perfectly reasonable way to deal with a baseless attack on your honesty.
Retraction or apology not forthcoming.

These Meedja shockjock flogs are a rating away from the bullet so hype the phaahrk out of listening to lettuce grow.

If he was truly into development then he would be selecting youngsters who need games into them instead he keeps going back to spuds like D.Pearce & Suban and average plyers like Sutcliffe and Sheridan. Don't be surprised if Johnno is carrying injury that another spud in ibbo is selected.

Caaaaaaaarlton, Lions and even Hawks are going past us in the development race.

We've debuted 7 blokes this year. You don't like the way that Weller, Tucker, Logue, Darcy, Ryan, Hughes, Blakely and Cox are developing? What would you like them to show that they haven't shown so far?

Other than Nyhuis for Pearce, most people acknowledge that there weren't any other selection options for the weekend. And maybe there are times when a game at Peel is better for a player's development than a game in the seniors.

If you don't think Ross is into developing players, then you obviously don't watch our training sessions.

The rumour was Brad Scott approached Collingwood. That was around a month or two ago regardless of truth. Murmurings of it being Lyon were quickly shut down after Lyon mentioned he had no get out clause and neither did the club.

Hardie for all he's worth, is as thick as two planks, and probably couldn't follow why it wasn't Lyon.

I think it's pretty categoric it wasn't Lyon. Someone approached and was told get ****ed. Eade, Scott, who knows. It's just not Lyon.

The Lions & Carlton especially are developing their player better than us.

So which of our youngsters do you guys think are not progressing in their development as they should? Blakely, Weller, Darcy, Ryan, Tucker, Hughes, Cox and Langdon all seem to be developing very nicely to me.

The Lions and Carlton hey? The same Lions and Carlton who are both below us on the ladder with 3 less wins despite having access to much higher draft picks than us for the last 5 years? The same Carlton who've gone backwards from 7 wins to 5 wins this year, while we've doubled our tally from 4 wins to 8? That Carlton has gone ahead of us in their development have they?

If he was truly into development then he would be selecting youngsters who need games into them instead he keeps going back to spuds like D.Pearce & Suban and average plyers like Sutcliffe and Sheridan. Don't be surprised if Johnno is carrying injury that another spud in ibbo is selected.

You do realise the available peel players were duman and Sheridan both off 4-5 week injuries, stranadica playing first wafl league game in a while. Dawson, Bennell and nhyuis. I suspect they wanted another runner and see nhyuis as a medium back / forward and we were already a bit tall. I would be surprised if duman, nhyuis and Sheridan are not considered this week. Cox (18) has even been favoured to Taberner (24) for most of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an a-hole like Hardie obviously but Todger Haselby is still a bit of a bonehead. Can't more people with some actual brains get employed in the media?

I reckon the fans could do a better job than some of the nuff nuffs in the media

The ex-players who know their stuff end up coaching somewhere. Those that aren't good enough to get a coaching gig or fail, usually end up in the media.

Not an a-hole like Hardie obviously but Todger Haselby is still a bit of a bonehead. Can't more people with some actual brains get employed in the media?
iu

Signs aren't promising.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ss-lyon-wanting-collingwood-job-ng-b88566690z

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley is questioning Brownlow Medallist Brad Hardie’s right to keep an AFL media credential after claiming Fremantle coach Ross Lyon wanted the potentially vacant Magpies job.

Buckley did not answer if he would seek out Lyon for clarification on the unsubstantiated Perth radio story that was met with a strongly worded statement of ridicule from both the Fremantle Football Club and Lyon on Sunday.

Would certainly send a message re ex-player commentators fabricating bullshit - particularly those who like to carry over long-term grudges into their work.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ss-lyon-wanting-collingwood-job-ng-b88566690z

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley is questioning Brownlow Medallist Brad Hardie’s right to keep an AFL media credential after claiming Fremantle coach Ross Lyon wanted the potentially vacant Magpies job.

Buckley did not answer if he would seek out Lyon for clarification on the unsubstantiated Perth radio story that was met with a strongly worded statement of ridicule from both the Fremantle Football Club and Lyon on Sunday.

Would certainly send a message re ex-player commentators fabricating bullshit - particularly those who like to carry over long-term grudges into their work.

The biggest laugh I got was from the video and Scott Watters taking aim at the club. Given his AFL stint was incredibly short, I think he'd be the last to take aim but there you go.

I do suspect he's right that Fremantle people will no longer tolerate garbage performances though.

While I agree haselby says some dumb s**t, I'm glad ex freo players are getting more air time in Perths media.

I hated listening to that meat head jakovich, while Karl has slowly grown on me.

Hearing Pav, McPharlin, Hase and Macca finally gives freo some media presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back