List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What if he did it on the sneak, out of the public view but it somehow leaked or someone saw him in the back having a extremely private lunch with SOS. I think it'd be 10x worse what we have to deal with in the media.

I think he made it public because he didn't want to cause any more rumors. He planned to have lunch with his business partner and old friend before the hall of fame dinner that night. He's answered the questions already and people will move on.
Thank you. I’ve been reading the last 3 pages waiting for this post, not wanting to state the bleeding obvious myself.

HOT news just in from SEN, Ross reported to be having a dim sim at a cafe in Melbourne. It is not yet known what type or how many were consumed. More to come

He didn't walk out of the meeting, dim sims uneaten, so there is only one conclusion to be drawn from this. Carlton must have offered a plate of highly delicious South Melbourne Market dim sims (no other dim sim will do), so the talks are serious. ;)

Last edited:

I’m sure there’s nothing in it except being mates and outside business interests

But it’s not ideal is it, optics will likely ******** freo leaders

What’s his angle? Trying to see who blinks first - a contract extension or he walks?

Introducing ploy RTB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, the club calmly accepts that he is meeting with a mate.

Could be getting a job for a nephew because Silvagni's got connections. Could be offering some wisdom to Silvagni - e.g. F#$% Ross, the coach just left mid season - what should I do mate? No one should have a problem with any of that given that Ross was in town anyway - a day or two in his home town, after a game and at the start of the mid season break.

If there were pics emerging of a clandestine meeting, sneaking out of a carlton sponsors head office that might be something. But lunch in a public place is not a problem. Between mouthfuls of dim sim, you aren't discussing much in a short lunch meeting and job offers etc can be done discretely via the newfangled tele-me-phone instead of in public.

Should we just pack up all the threads then?
Isn’t it all just opinion and statements and innuendo and rumour spreading??

There's a difference between reasonable people stating "we think this could/would happen" and someone stating "that has ZERO chance of happening".

There's a difference between reasonable people stating "we think this could/would happen" and someone stating "that has ZERO chance of happening".

What percentage chance would you give it?

If I need to break down the figures I could be a bit Rainman about it?

Firstly, Carlton need a coach now. So they need someone who is out of contract. Lyon is in contract. Is in contract for next year too. So I mean that basically puts him at ZERO already doesn’t it?

Unless he goes against everything he has said, is allowed to be released, is then poached and everything changes. That’s not even paying 100-1, it’s odds larger.

It’s the equivalent of saying Fyfe will play elsewhere next year.

Just because Lyon did it once under incredibly different circumstances shouldn’t mean it’s any larger possibility than ZERO.

He didn't walk out of the meeting, dim sims uneaten, so there is only one conclusion to be drawn from this. Carlton must have offered a plate of highly delicious South Melbourne Market dim sims (no other dim sim will do), so the talks are serious. ;)
Bag of dimmies with a splashing of soy sauce??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back