Ross Lyon sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

But Blake Caracella never played for Essendon.

Essendon fans only want "Favourite son" coaches (e.g. Hird, Bomber etc) and reject coaches who didn't play for the club (e.g. Knights, Woosha).

I can see Caracella being undermined by many members and the coeterie groups because he never donned the black with red sash.
He played over 100 games for Essendon -

Let us all hope that is the end for him at AFL level. A few more Roos sycophants remaining unfortunately

Yes the fish rots at the head. Need to remove Roos from all commentary and other jobs where he can even have a speck of influence on the game, then get the MiB to use that flash memory zap thing on all so we can put this all behind us.

not many well wishes for the Man

gets sides into granny's, plenty of coaches don't do that

suppose that's comes because of the way he conducts himself

is it a case of with the right assistant coach he could have looked like a genius
someone that would have worked with his ultra defensive mindset and softened it
or some how added an attacking component to it ?
i think the promise of 2013 was never continued, and from there i can understand the frustrations of Freo fans.
Esp seeing WCE get back up, win one and look to be going to the well again this year.

Saints fans may have had open arms had he not left them in the lurch to put up with Watters & Richo.

Sumich has got to be on Freo's radar. South Freo lad and has a very good resume short of a top spot AFL job.
Scott Burns -like Sumich was proabably unlucky not to be at the helm of a club already)
Jared Schofield -probably not yet but I suspect he will be replacing Hinkley in time)
Mark Harvey -Probably would not touch Freo after his shafting last time he was over in the West)
Brett Ratten -wasn't given enough time at Carlton and kicked to the curb for Malthouse)
Jamie Graham - this guys is loved by the players and head coaches alike.
Dean Solomon - has excelled in a coaching role
Blake Caracella - Great Footy Brain
Sam Mitchell - Will probably stay at Hawthorn and replace Clarko when he calls time but could step up now)
Michael Voss -Like Ratten had a poor list to work with and an impatient club boardroom)

I predict at least two of these guys will hold top jobs next season
But not at Freo...

Good move Freo, they were both past their used by dates, especially Rosich, should have pulled the trigger 6 or 7 weeks ago IMO.
Look out for the Dockers next season, will be well up there.

Sumich has got to be on Freo's radar. South Freo lad and has a very good resume short of a top spot AFL job.
Scott Burns -like Sumich was proabably unlucky not to be at the helm of a club already)
Jared Schofield -probably not yet but I suspect he will be replacing Hinkley in time)
Mark Harvey -Probably would not touch Freo after his shafting last time he was over in the West)
Brett Ratten -wasn't given enough time at Carlton and kicked to the curb for Malthouse)
Jamie Graham - this guys is loved by the players and head coaches alike.
Dean Solomon - has excelled in a coaching role
Blake Caracella - Great Footy Brain
Sam Mitchell - Will probably stay at Hawthorn and replace Clarko when he calls time but could step up now)
Michael Voss -Like Ratten had a poor list to work with and an impatient club boardroom)

I predict at least two of these guys will hold top jobs next season
Caracella just signed for Essendon
If he wants a senior gig, we'd likely give him one in 2020 or 2021.

Essendon fans only want "Favourite son" coaches (e.g. Hird, Bomber etc) and reject coaches who didn't play for the club (e.g. Knights, Woosha).

I can see Caracella being undermined by many members and the coeterie groups because he never donned the black with red sash.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catters 070911 said:

^^ Dumb as a fence post or what?

I removed the post I did get it wrong. He did play for Essendon.

So that actually guarantees Caracella the job then, knowing how incestuous Essendon are when it comes to coaches.
Holy s**t - people are young enough that they don't remember Caracella playing... * I'm old

Lol about time. That 91 derby loss was delicious. Why do it round 22 though? Why not just wait till end of the season? Meh whatever. Don't mind Freo being more competitive, always sets up melts when they get close but don't make it haha jk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back