Rumour Ross Lyon to coach Carlton in 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Took a freo team full of scrubs to the Grand final.

Yes, should have definitely got a flag at St.Kilda but ran into some pretty hot teams. One bounce of the sherrin the other way and we are talking completely different discussions.

In my opinion, would comfortably fit into the top echelon of current coaches along with Clarkson and Longmire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree

Blight came to Adelaide on back of numerous losing GF’s nobody was concerned

This.
I never even began to understand that logic.
This coach is no good because he only got a team to A GF but they didn't win the Premiership.

Ok so let's hire a coach who has no experience at all....Of course coaches with no experience have to be given the chance or there'll never be any turnover, just pointing out the flawed logic.

Took a freo team full of scrubs to the Grand final.

Yes, should have definitely got a flag at St.Kilda but ran into some pretty hot teams. One bounce of the sherrin the other way and we are talking completely different discussions.

In my opinion, would comfortably fit into the top echelon of current coaches along with Clarkson and Longmire.
maybe North should’ve snapped him up?

They need an EGM more than the Pies.

Rumour doubtful but who on the board should be safe? Don't they ratify the football department positions and decisions?

I really feel like if Carlton go for Lyon, they really need to understand it will take some time to see some results. He’s not a quick fix by any stretch. To get the side playing the way he wants won’t happen overnight. So you’ll have to be prepared to perhaps wear another 18 months of pain, and as is the case in footy no guarantees that it will work.

As much as the common opinion on Lyon is that the game has passed him- IMO you only need to look at Melbourne this year to see that a team with strong defensive ethos will survive in today’s game. The dees sit a game clear on top of the ladder, have conceded only 65 points per game and hit the 100 just 3 times. (Top score of 104). Teams that win contests win games. He would bring that to Carlton.

They had a bad game on the weekend, no doubt, but they’ve been OK for stretches in some games, no real blowouts against the top sides which is a positive. But they don’t seem to have many who truly want to do the team stuff; that nitty gritty unrewarded gut run to provide an outlet that draws a defender away, or putting your body on the line to chase and harass and get bodies in the way to help defenders. Too little is left to too few.

Until that changes, they will always remain mid table, regardless of who they have as coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back