No Oppo Supporters Ross Lyon will NEVER win a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross isn't the problem. He devised his defensive gameplan to counter geelong's corridor-heavy game plan, and it changed the game. He started freo on a slingshot / fast moving transition game before the rest of the comp... but everyone else has caught up.

He is transitioning our game plan once again, the team just hasn't fully adjusted yet.

Don't know what's worse, that he didn't see these beltings coming or was powerless to stop them.

Don't know what's worse, that he didn't see these beltings coming or was powerless to stop them.

No I think he saw them coming - other posters have made the observation these games are a real acid test for older players. That might well be deliberate, to separate the wheat from the chaff.

We've had players play with broken legs and punctures lungs before - but we're not willing to risk Bennell with a strained calf. I suspect he's being held back because Ross knew many players would struggle to adjust to the new game plan and there's no point risking making one of your best future weapons just as blunt as some of the ones you're trying to identify and replace.

The inherent cynicism of your post is not lost on me though.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but after 2 straight losses already and the possibility of being 0 wins and 4 losses (with West Coast, then North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium, who knows - you could be right that having Ross Lyon as coach until the end of 2020, may not result in 1 or even 2 premierships. What can be done to recruit new key forwards (particularly those from interstate who don't like long air travel) and focus more on attack, earlier and more goals, not just defence and midfield strategies and positions?
Flying away from WA, compared to flying to WA, seems to take commerical airlines much more or less flight time depending on which direction and city their travelling to. Instead of the same flight time in either direction.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but after 2 straight losses already and the possibility of being 0 wins and 4 losses (with West Coast, then North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium, who knows - you could be right that having Ross Lyon as coach until the end of 2020, may not result in 1 or even 2 premierships. What can be done to recruit new key forwards (particularly those from interstate who don't like long air travel) and focus more on attack, earlier and more goals, not just defence and midfield strategies and positions?
Flying away from WA, compared to flying to WA, seems to take commerical airlines much more or less flight time depending on which direction and city their travelling to. Instead of the same flight time in either direction.

Don't mean to nit pick, and I'm no aeronautical engineer but pretty sure the flight time variation east-west is due to the jet streams running one way.... Happy to be corrected

Good clubs start at the top.

The appointment of Lyon was good, but 2011 was a long time ago in football.

The Steves have appointed the continuation of a formless, benign, stagnant regime that is headed by a redundant coach and fluffed out by inept list builders, average recruiters, and second rung assistants.

The reality is the s**t players get picked by the s**t coach who's selected by the s**t admin.

Just wait until the club's soul is gone to Cockburn and we are bottoming out. The club will be at an ebb we do not want to be at.

The Steves have appointed the continuation of a formless, benign, stagnant regime that is headed by a redundant coach and fluffed out by inept list builders, average recruiters, and second rung assistants.

The reality is the s**t players get picked by the s**t coach who's selected by the s**t admin.

Just wait until the club's soul is gone to Cockburn and we are bottoming out. The club will be at an ebb we do not want to be at.

Have a nice cuppa and a lay down. A nice nap and when you awake the world will look a much rosier place. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Have a nice cuppa and a lay down. A nice nap and when you awake the world will look a much rosier place. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
But Freo will still be s**t.

You are just another deluded man on this forum pretending the premiership is coming, Ross is the answer, and singing kumbaya, channeling positive energy, and not being nasty to Taberner will make everything better.

Grow up. Club's s**t, I was right.

Go pester the staff down at training with the other annoying pricks and report back with bullshit reports about Ryan Crowley being depressed. What an episode that was. And to think people give The West's journos s**t for being clueless...

Hahaha! I've been following a few things this week that have kept things in perspective, so my world isn't too bad right now. :) As my hubby says, it's just 44 men kicking a bag of wind up and down a field.

I just get so ticked at how we quickly eat our own on this board without applying measured thought or logic, then tell you you're drinking Kool Aid just because you're not bringing out the pitchfork.

I don't and its good he is not here.
I do, and it's not good that you're here. You're like a number of the buzzards who only fly around the carcass when it smells a bit rotten and you spout so much s**t you must have been camped up yourself collecting it for months on end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dogs picked him up with the pick directly before ours...
Before our third.
Tucker looks a player. Can't draft em all :thumbsu:
We were supposed to take him instead of Balic, but as reported the club jumped at a guy other teams had done their homework on. Adams would've been an inspired pick #38. Fingers crossed Balic's injury is not a career ender.

Edit: My bad, I see Adams was picked up with #35.

Play on.

The mods accused Bushie of being a troll and suspended him or anyone else for talking to SA the way he talks about the club or to other posters.
Go figure?
I've given up.
At least sproketknob got given the bum's rush.:cool::confused:

I thought Bushie died ??

get your dad to buy the ******* franchise then !!

You are just another deluded man on this forum pretending the premiership is coming, Ross is the answer, and singing kumbaya, channeling positive energy, and not being nasty to Taberner will make everything better.

Go pester the staff down at training with the other annoying pricks and report back with bullshit reports about Ryan Crowley being depressed. What an episode that was. And to think people give The West's journos s**t for being clueless...

Delusion is you with a capital D. Go back to you're shitty troll mates on the main board. Youre an obnoxious little boy trying to be man tough. You don't know it but you are clown value on here,a joke .

You sound like you should be one of those ex Geelong supporters who now supports Hawthorn

Before our third.

We were supposed to take him instead of Balic, but as reported the club jumped at a guy other teams had done their homework on. Adams would've been an inspired pick #38. Fingers crossed Balic's injury is not a career ender.
Balic will likely turn out a bust due to his wrist, no arguments from me there. I would be embarrassed and shocked if it is true that the club didn't know about the extent of his problem. That would be an unforgivable error imo. I hope that it is a case of a calculated risk with the aim of acquiring top 15 talent on the cheap. If it comes off, you could say it was an inspired pick.

But I doubt it will....

Balic's wrist injury had screws inserted twice by the same surgeon before we drafted him.Our preferred surgeon elected bone-grafting to get things to knit correctly.Apparently rated as successful.
You don't know it but you are clown value on here,a joke
Funny peculiar pathetic piddler repeatedly pisses on own feet.:confused:

Not HAHA!!:cool:

You sound like you should be one of those ex Geelong supporters who now supports Hawthorn
Errrrrr what? I still support the club. I just don't want to watch this mediocre s**t. I bet you're the sort of person who sits in a cheersquad, runs a Facebook fan page, and reckons that you shouldn't yell out critical things about your own players at the footy.

I don't think you know what support is and you're everything wrong with the soft and deluded, Kool Aid drinking masses who support every decision the club makes with childish rationale ala "Ross is the coach of the team so I'll back him over you, keyboard warrior!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back