Analysis Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

This DudleyDocker

Hasn't seemed to do Hawthorn any harm playing their best players, haven't seen too many kids blooded over there unnecessarily the last couple years.
Don't want to get into a protracted argument about it, and you may well be right. I just feel we are being too conservative with our young talent and it might come back to bite us later in the year.

Time will tell.

Don't want to get into a protracted argument about it, and you may well be right. I just feel we are being too conservative with our young talent and it might come back to bite us later in the year.

Time will tell.
Yeah me either mate, I'm not a big fan of going after my own so generally stay out of these selection issues for this reason.

Yeah I'm happy to agree to disagree and you may well be proved right yourself.

I think at 9-1 we should back Ross to make the right calls, that's why we got him in.

Mzungu and de Boer were both entrenched in the 22 last year but have not been played as regulars this year which is a significant selection statement regardless of what you think of it. Cowley and Dawson have not been available but there absence has opened up opportunities for other players.

Personally I only want to see young players who are in irresistible form getting opportunities in preference to the likes of Crozier and Sheridan.

A lot written here about selection, not tactics. Ross has changed our game plan from last year and the WB worked out our deficiencies but we were good enough to get over them, now Richmond have clearly done the same.
Can RTB now give us 2015.2? I would think this tweak would involve the centre clearances. Presently Sandi taps straight down to a moving Fyfe/Mundy/Neale who takes a tackle and a few quick HB's get the ball outside and moving. Rich minimised the effect of this by pressuring these disposals. Other teams wil follow. IMO RTB needs another tweak for the second half of the season and then maybe another for finals. Thoughts?

A lot written here about selection, not tactics. Ross has changed our game plan from last year and the WB worked out our deficiencies but we were good enough to get over them, now Richmond have clearly done the same.
Can RTB now give us 2015.2? I would think this tweak would involve the centre clearances. Presently Sandi taps straight down to a moving Fyfe/Mundy/Neale who takes a tackle and a few quick HB's get the ball outside and moving. Rich minimised the effect of this by pressuring these disposals. Other teams wil follow. IMO RTB needs another tweak for the second half of the season and then maybe another for finals. Thoughts?

I'm leaning more towards jonno lasting only 10 minutes and us being flat from the epic crows match.

Mzungu and de Boer were both entrenched in the 22 last year but have not been played as regulars this year which is a significant selection statement regardless of what you think of it. Cowley and Dawson have not been available but there absence has opened up opportunities for other players.

Personally I only want to see young players who are in irresistible form getting opportunities in preference to the likes of Crozier and Sheridan.

Now that we've finally had a loss RTB will no doubt ring in the changes.

Now that we've finally had a loss RTB will no doubt ring in the changes.

From what he said he doesnt seem worried. Only changes will be the obvious ones for injuries imo.

We will go into the break 10-1, just few more wins and finals is guranteed.

From what he said he doesnt seem worried. Only changes will be the obvious ones for injuries imo.

We will go into the break 10-1, just few more wins and finals is guranteed.

You don't reckon RTB stands by his word that he won't change a winning line up?

Surely we are better off swapping Mz for subes and spurr for either sutty/duff and A Pearce for jonno(inj.)?

Richmond were a good side to lose to as we play them again at the MCG this year, which means we will get to bring a mindset of retribution to the MCG, which might hold us in good stead later in the year, should we apply that mindset effectively.

You don't reckon RTB stands by his word that he won't change a winning line up?

Surely we are better off swapping Mz for subes and spurr for either sutty/duff and A Pearce for jonno(inj.)?

Hard to see Suban dropped and Spurr will come in for Sheridan/Croz I would guess.

Think he will give the under achievers another chance since its GCS and because they have experience and know structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. More about the application of the method. Double the inside 50's, double the scoring shots, 80 more possessions.
How effective was the team once the ball was inside 50?

That's the issue. The inside 50s were shallow, and Gold Coast's flood and counter attack caught the team out.

Eade nearly clinched a win with an inexperienced injury affected side.

Hmmm
As a disclaimer I have no idea but can we not jump back into our old style for wet weather? Our new style doesn't translate right? Main thing I have to recognise is that a few Suns went down and an umpire while we had none in trying conditions. At week 11 this has gone beyond luck.

You're not doing anything right.

I know, you really set such a high standard. I'm just an empty headed bimbo after all.

It's hard to be as perfect a supporter with as much footy nous as you. Why aren't you working for the coaching staff? They could really use all the great insights you seem to provide in each thread week after week after week. They could learn so much from you, I'm sure you've seen it a and have all the answers.

You're soo fantastic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back