Analysis Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

My recent thinking has been around the idea that when Pav, Balla, Walters, Mayne are all fit & in form & the back 6 is intact we can beat anyone but with no Balla, Pav & Mayne's form not quite there we just have no cattle. No one could coach what we are putting up forward to beat the best.
Plus Fyfes form at the start glossed over a lot.
What is going to be really interesting is how Ross goes at rebuild mode when the old guys start hanging it up. Hopefully we can stagger it a bit so we don't drop off a cliff. We really need a strong draft the next couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, the backline, defensive style of play, we very rarely get heavily scored against, even though our best back players haven't been there
all year.
The midfield, forward attacks have needed work, but we wont know if this is a ploy, out of form, or lack of cattle until finals start.
I still believe that Tabs has a role to play in the forward line, and is a vital link between the middle and forward zones. A Pearce I would
consider our swingman, but I would prefer to see him down back, but who knows he may even be able to part time ruck in time?

The qualifying season has worked out perfectly so far.
We are top on the ladder and underdogs.
Hawks most likely will have to travel after the Eagles brave win against us. ;)
Norf are far enough ahead of Port that we can legitimately not breach the "Integrity rule"and rest players.
We have had dominate patches in every game we have unfortunately lost. ;)

Bring on the real season. :thumbsu:

The qualifying season has worked out perfectly so far.
We are top on the ladder and underdogs.
Hawks most likely will have to travel after the Eagles brave win against us. ;)
Norf are far enough ahead of Port that we can legitimately not breach the "Integrity rule"and rest players.
We have had dominate patches in every game we have unfortunately lost. ;)

Bring on the real season. :thumbsu:

the things not perfect is our form and our style. Statistically in terms of scoring from turnover we are the worst in the 8 which is usually an indicator of premiership teams. this year hawthorn and wce are one and two. we are number one in scoring from Clearances. even though we have finished first it will be a big surprise to buck statistical history and win the flag. gives more credit to Ross Lyon's management that we have finished first after the regular season . But dont realistically expect to win the flag from here. it would be bordering on a minor miracle

the things not perfect is our form and our style. Statistically in terms of scoring from turnover we are the worst in the 8 which is usually an indicator of premiership teams. this year hawthorn and wce are one and two. we are number one in scoring from Clearances. even though we have finished first it will be a big surprise to buck statistical history and win the flag. gives more credit to Ross Lyon's management that we have finished first after the regular season . But dont realistically expect to win the flag from here. it would be bordering on a minor miracle

Your conclusion in entirely based on stats averaged across the entire year. If Lyon has been managing the second half of the season with an eye on the big picture, it would seem logical that he can return to the game plan which saw Freo playing top 4 offensive, top 4 defensive footy as per the first 1/3 of the season. If this is the case, I suspect that the statistics would support a significantly greater chance of winning the flag.

None of the top 8 can expect to win. Very open finals series. But we have a pretty good shot at making the GF.

Oh,and Lyon has had an awesome season so far. Thankfully he is contracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back