Toast Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Or should I say self righteous. There's a fair bit of arrogance and isolationism on the cats board.

We're a fairly easy going bunch and love a bit of banter with other teams, thee Geelong board doesn't seem to get much of that and there's a few surprises that freo fans have been visiting.

Their lofty pedestal is impressive but has isolated them a bit.

Or should I say self righteous. There's a fair bit of arrogance and isolationism on the cats board.

We're a fairly easy going bunch and love a bit of banter with other teams, thee Geelong board doesn't seem to get much of that and there's a few surprises that freo fans have been visiting.

Their lofty pedestal is impressive but has isolated them a bit.

Certainly has. I assume most of them are pretty young (sigh) and can't remember when their club was associated with women's accessories for decades.

Ross is such a nerd at times, I mean, who says "Act your age, not your shoe size" anymore :p ?

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=560816

FREMANTLE coach Ross Lyon took issue with a spectator taking a photo of him while he sat in the coaches box at Simonds Stadium on Saturday night.

When the spectator sitting next to the Fremantle coaches box took a photo of Lyon on his iPhone, the Dockers' coach appeared annoyed.

He made his point to the spectator through the window and the patron was spoken to.

Although it was a momentary distraction, Lyon expanded on the reasons for his response post-match.

"I just think it is inappropriate," Lyon said. "I don't really need it - half a foot away and the flash. We all have our moments in the sun. Everyone is pretty brave behind glass but that is OK. That is what it is."

Although Lyon did not seem too fussed, he criticised the spectator for not showing more respect.

"If you going to sit there and drink enjoy it, but I don't need iPhones - people standing up and flashing the iPhone at me - I think we do enough and I just wasn't going to accept it," Lyon said.

Lyon said that after he made his point there was no problem.

"I think they just settled down," Lyon said. "Act your age, not your shoe size."

Love how he backs Crowley with this statement (and flips the bird to the TrIbunal):

Ryan’s got a fierce concentration. He was put under a lot of scrutiny and I thought he displayed his true character tonight. He was our only four quarter performer on a great player against great adversity. Sometimes you can talk about your character or you can display it, and I though he displayed it.]

Gotta love how Teffy on the MB when pressed can't be 'bothered' to explain how Lyon will ruin the development of the club.
It's because he is a mental peanut who is seriously deluded about his own level of intelligence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I’d bump this. Although given how much vitriol he is receiving, deserves a bit of a toast in that he coaches his 300th AFL game this week.
Not a bad effort, considering he has coached at arguably the two of the least successful teams in St Kilda and Fremantle.
Has coached 169 games for Fremantle, winning 90 times with a win percentage of 53.55%. Coached Fremantle to 63 wins in the period of 2012-2015, losing just 24 times. Won 4 finals and loss 5, the biggest heartbreaker in 2013 GF.
Well done Ross, hasn’t been an easy ride. Coaching 300 games is impressive

Thought I’d bump this. Although given how much vitriol he is receiving, deserves a bit of a toast in that he coaches his 300th AFL game this week.
Not a bad effort, considering he has coached at arguably the two of the least successful teams in St Kilda and Fremantle.
Has coached 169 games for Fremantle, winning 90 times with a win percentage of 53.55%. Coached Fremantle to 63 wins in the period of 2012-2015, losing just 24 times. Won 4 finals and loss 5, the biggest heartbreaker in 2013 GF.
Well done Ross, hasn’t been an easy ride. Coaching 300 games is impressive

169 games for Freo and still no premiership. Sack him!

169 games for Freo and still no premiership. Sack him!

I know this is tongue in cheek but just as a comparison it took Bomber Thompson 7 years and 184 games to get into the 2007 Grand Final (Game 185 of his coaching Geelong).

Bomber was pretty close to getting sacked at the end of 2006 too but the club decided to stick with him and the rest is history.

I know this is tongue in cheek but just as a comparison it took Bomber Thompson 7 years and 184 games to get into the 2007 Grand Final (Game 185 of his coaching Geelong).

Bomber was pretty close to getting sacked at the end of 2006 too but the club decided to stick with him and the rest is history.
Chris Scott took that team from Bomber in 2010 post season and won the flag in 2011. Quite easy for him to have a mature premiership winning squad. Since, hasn’t won anything. So take of it what you will.
Port have stuck with Hinkley since 2013. 146 games later

Remove this Banner Ad

Back