List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not watching the game, but the score suggests the coach has either lost the players (which I think can happen very quickly and is irreversible), or he is just not up to it. Maybe the latter has caused the former.

I think it's a very real possibility that the players see how other teams are playing and scoring, and see who is being selected and how they are instructed to play, and they've just had enough.

I would see what happens with the Dogs and Melbourne games, and see how the players/coaches respond. Maybe the North or Carlton games could be triggers. If we are 0-5 or 1-8 (with win vs North), then I don't see how his position is tenable. Especially if this happens with his pet players still being selected.

Massive headache considering his contract.

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
Starting to look like Ross is losing the players.
Can't see the fear in their eyes - just a look of resignation ??
Interesting days ahead, the clubs needs to look ahead at the unfolding evolution of the game- I feel Ross and the club are clinging to past glories and hope that will not eventuate because our head coach is living in the past.
Different times Ross and not the same class of cattle (yet) at your disposal.

May 17, 2005
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Ross won't change and no one at the club has the balls to tell him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rosich & the board have stars in their eyes when it comes to RTB. it would cost us $4M to get rid of him. If its like this end of 2018 then its only $2M.

We tried to do the Skills thing in preseason 2015/2016 but if it soon dawn on people we needed to get more skillful players to club about 5 games into 2016. so we go back to the future fro preseason 2016/17 we concentrate on great effort and fitness- skills still s**t.

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rosich & the board have stars in their eyes when it comes to RTB. it would cost us $4M to get rid of him. If its like this end of 2018 then its only $2M

Agree it'll be tough but might be no other way. If the entire crowd turn on him (and we are probably nearing that point already) I can hardly see him making it, regardless of the money.

Jun 12, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rosich & the board have stars in their eyes when it comes to RTB. it would cost us $4M to get rid of him. If its like this end of 2018 then its only $2M
What could be the cost of lost memberships and sponsors in that time, signing Ross till 2020 could be one of the worst and most costly decisions this club has ever made.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

$4m is nothing to a business the size of FFC. 13 consecutive years of profits in the millions and unlimited financial backing from the AFL anyway were that to change.

The AFL would happily contribute to the payout if they had to since they've changed the rules multiple times to discourage "Ross Lyon football" and would be happy to see the back of him. But they wouldn't need to because Fremantle is loaded.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
It's pointless sacking someone after r2 and just appointing some caretaker from within.

If we go bloody 0-10 again he's gotta go though.

Yeah I kinda agree but * me if we don't have the best peel have got next week I'll scream.

All the way down to Sean Darcy

rodney hoo

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lyon is on 1.2 million a year, you think the club can afford to pay him out. Bond should also go, they've formed a boys club. If my source is correct Harris left over the contract extension and some of the list management.
Where Freo goes from here who knows but this all started half way through 2015 when they didn't make changes when starting losing after a great start. I feel for the young guys playing under this system and even some of the young players that got the bullet over the last few seasons.
You can run as much as you like but if you can't kick to your own team or through the middle of the posts, it's tough winning.
Lyon learned all his coaching fron Roos, that game style stopped ten years ago, he and the team were unlucky in 2013 but you have to adapt not keep the same s**t going.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Ross won't change and no one at the club has the balls to tell him.

What exactly should be changed? I can tell you that we are not playing the same way we did in 2015, so structure and/or game plan has changed. There are execution errors all over the field. No coach is going to help with that.

May 17, 2005
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
WE ar
Lyon is on 1.2 million a year, you think the club can afford to pay him out. Bond should also go, they've formed a boys club. If my source is correct Harris left over the contract extension and some of the list management.
Where Freo goes from here who knows but this all started half way through 2015 when they didn't make changes when starting losing after a great start. I feel for the young guys playing under this system and even some of the young players that got the bullet over the last few seasons.
You can run as much as you like but if you can't kick to your own team or through the middle of the posts, it's tough winning.
Lyon learned all his coaching fron Roos, that game style stopped ten years ago, he and the team were unlucky in 2013 but you have to adapt not keep the same s**t going.
Yes. Also he's using the 4 yr rebuild to keep playing an old list( with a few youngsters) which won't win games little alone get you into finals

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Why are people assuming that Ross is on >$1,000,000 a year? More than likely the reason why the Steve's signed him is because he was willing to accept a pay cut. Just a gut feel, otherwise why would you? Plus, he doesn't deserve more than half a mil.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
The comments about the new stadium and lost membership revenue are very pertinent.

5000 people x $400 (just a very rough ballpark for this exercise) = $2 million.
Dunno, I think people underestimate the pull of the new stadium

The board are probably thinking thank * we're moving into the new stadium

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
What exactly should be changed? I can tell you that we are not playing the same way we did in 2015, so structure and/or game plan has changed. There are execution errors all over the field. No coach is going to help with that.

How do you know?

Do you think it's just the biggest coincidence ever that every single person in our team just can't kick?

Which player are you blaming for the fact that we have nobody at all in our forward line to kick to when we affect a turnover? It happened at least 4 times today. Are the players disobeying the coach's orders by running into the backline, or are they doing exactly as the coach told them to do?

Either they are disobeying instructions and should be dropped. Or they are following instructions and it's bad coaching. Pick one.

Back