List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the majority of my friends and family who have been members for years won't be renewing next year and I don't blame them.

They will just buy tickets to a few big games each year and save hundreds of dollars.
That would have more to do with the flexibility the new stadium allows fair weather supporters though, surely?

At the same point last year...what was our %? We got smacked towards the end of last year. Good chance we get smacked again.
Our percentage at the same point was a little higher last year 1.63 to be exact and we were one win better . So little wins ???? as the previous poster suggested is a little rose coloured glasses stuff.
We are playing a younger side though some forced some by design .

That would have more to do with the flexibility the new stadium allows fair weather supporters though, surely?
You get better seats most weeks doing it that way and they are cheaper . I do it that way because i am a retailer and up till this year struggled to get to more than 4 games a year . The new stadium makes it very attractive to do it that way . This year i have only missed the Brisbane and Norths game .

Any non best 22 midfielders you guys have that you think would fit WC's needs? With so many good young mids like Cerra and Brayshaw I'm sure there's a few who are lower in the pecking order but would get a game in a weaker midfield like ours. Outside runners who can actually stick a tackle would probably be our biggest area to develop someone in - Masten and Jetta have no contested ability at all and aren't getting any younger.

Matthew Allen is one on our list who would be worth picking up - really natural leading tall forward, couple of WAFL goals a game, Oscar Allen and Brander probably ahead of him in the pecking order atm but lots of natural talent. Saw someone suggest Partington to Freo in another thread - you absolutely do not want him, low impact player who hasn't handled the step up to AFL well at all.

Apart from McGovern is there anyone on our list that particularly appeals to you as part of a trade? Just curious in general, find it interesting that the two WA clubs don't trade players around a bit more for increased opportunities/to fit needs especially when our sides both have our strengths in different areas.

Any non best 22 midfielders you guys have that you think would fit WC's needs? With so many good young mids like Cerra and Brayshaw I'm sure there's a few who are lower in the pecking order but would get a game in a weaker midfield like ours. Outside runners who can actually stick a tackle would probably be our biggest area to develop someone in - Masten and Jetta have no contested ability at all and aren't getting any younger.

Matthew Allen is one on our list who would be worth picking up - really natural leading tall forward, couple of WAFL goals a game, Oscar Allen and Brander probably ahead of him in the pecking order atm but lots of natural talent. Saw someone suggest Partington to Freo in another thread - you absolutely do not want him, low impact player who hasn't handled the step up to AFL well at all.

Apart from McGovern is there anyone on our list that particularly appeals to you as part of a trade? Just curious in general, find it interesting that the two WA clubs don't trade players around a bit more for increased opportunities/to fit needs especially when our sides both have our strengths in different areas.
If we still had Suban, we could have been interested in Masten.....Only for the laughs :)

Umm, you guys are a lot better midfield than ours. And better about every area!

Willie Rioli maybe.

I think the major reason we don't trade much with each other is that trades are largely player-driven rather than club driven, and there's not really a lot of reason for any player to want to swap from 1 Perth team to another Perth team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutsy stuff. Well done Ross.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watch the media now, ....... pump the tyres when they win, stone him when they lose !!!!.

With a developing teams, there are going to be lots of highs & lows. Ride the rollercoaster, a good sense of humour is required.

We are two wins off Geelong, Hawks and North and two of our wins came without Sandi and Fyfe. Those teams are around 2 years and 40 games more experienced than us on average this year.

Could of won the Brisbane game if our structure wasn't so distorted and we threw the Derby too on top of Walters going down early.

It was a classic Lyon performance today, gets a team to buy in 110% with effort and aggressive defense, win a battle of attrition, get ahead and then throw spare men behind the ball to desperately protect the lead, almost giving it up in the process. No other coach would have gotten that win, but at the same time how awful was it to watch at times?

The second half of the last term had Port with two extra back.

They were trying that surge through the middle thing

They had two spare because we left their half back flankers on either side alone and put guys behind the centre square. It was possibly understandable with us running out of legs but horrible to see the inevitable unfold.

Back