List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone pay attention to jmt after his insistence Lyon would be sacked last year and replaced wifh Chris Scott?

That's bull. I never said Chris Scott

I said a friend of mine who's mate does boxing training with the Hawks said to him that Clarkson is somewhat unhappy at the Hawks and considering a move. I said clearly it was a rumor.

Anyway keep bitching about Ross Lyon it's really enjoyable to read.

So much depends on a fit Fyfe and a few other key players; e.g. Walters, Hills, Langdon, Blakely - all need to stay mostly fit. That happens, then I think Ross needs to get this team 7-12 range on the ladder, so 10-12 wins.

Broken down, 9-10 wins at home (no excuse not to be dominant at home even with a lot of young players IMHO) and a couple of solid away wins should be doable for Ross. He does that, then that's a very good year IMHO, then he's good to go in 2020. In some ways, that will be a bigger pressure year than 2019 if it pans out that way.
I think most on here are very happy about our list, the elephant in the room is off field, and if Freo have done everything possible?
Are we still training from 2012 onwards, or have the blueprints changed with the evolution of the game?
That short period of success was built on extreme fitness, discipline, and we paid the price in the end. Sure we won games in 3 quarrters,
or pre-season came out of the blocks firing, ended the seasons sore, tiring, or injured.
It is not a sprint race but a marathon.

There are some Freo posters who would after a premiership take to this forum and criticise Freo instead of celebrate the achievement

It's sad but true

Hyperbole 'like' bait. Things were one big circlejerk orgy around here in 2013, and it will be much better (or worse if you're just looking) when we do go one step better...

Nice work on the 'likes' though, you've got all the minnows jumping at your post!

If 0-13 was happening the reigns would be handed over to Bell and the assistants. Salim may even get a call up. Can't see us being anywhere near that kind of territory.

If we get to 0 & 13, who ever took over in round 10 from who ever took over from Ross in round 6, will be looking for a new job!

And if who ever is running the (what will be at that point) s**t show puts up with 4 losses at home against North, StKilda, WCE and The Dogs plus away losses against Gold Coast and GWS, well they need to be put on the same boat with Ross and ****ed off too!

Hyperbole 'like' bait. Things were one big circlejerk orgy around here in 2013, and it will be much better (or worse if you're just looking) when we do go one step better...

Nice work on the 'likes' though, you've got all the minnows jumping at your post!
Reading your posts is like watching a squirrel on meth. :drunk:

If we get to 0 & 13, who ever took over in round 10 from who ever took over from Ross in round 6, will be looking for a new job!

And if who ever is running the (what will be at that point) s**t show puts up with 4 losses at home against North, StKilda, WCE and The Dogs plus away losses against Gold Coast and GWS, well they need to be put on the same boat with Ross and ****** off too!

You are getting very angry about a hypothetical situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could he possibly have time to coach and wiggle at the same time?
eac835f72ef7f018f6efec12ec417126_400x400.jpeg

Looks more like Paul Hasleby to me than Ross Lyon.

I think most on here are very happy about our list, the elephant in the room is off field, and if Freo have done everything possible?
Are we still training from 2012 onwards, or have the blueprints changed with the evolution of the game?
That short period of success was built on extreme fitness, discipline, and we paid the price in the end. Sure we won games in 3 quarrters,
or pre-season came out of the blocks firing, ended the seasons sore, tiring, or injured.
It is not a sprint race but a marathon.
Wait so we are happy with the list yet there's an elephant in the room? The off-field has put together the current list in a rebuilding period, why is it an elephant? Please don't tell me you expected us to play finals in the last two seasons? Onwards and upwards..

Wait so we are happy with the list yet there's an elephant in the room? The off-field has put together the current list in a rebuilding period, why is it an elephant? Please don't tell me you expected us to play finals in the last two seasons? Onwards and upwards..
Losing Lloyd and Bond, bringing in Bell still means we are one position down, less than ideal.Sure we have managed but resigning Balla,
Ape, Bennell, on the run? Not exactly perfect sailing.
Then there is the S&C, no outside internal reviews, or ways of improving off field, all clubs that are bottom dwellers rebuild, more access to
top ten picks, to use or trade.
As I said I'm happy with the list, keeping them on the park is another matter.

Losing Lloyd and Bond, bringing in Bell still means we are one position down, less than ideal.Sure we have managed but resigning Balla,
Ape, Bennell, on the run? Not exactly perfect sailing.
Then there is the S&C, no outside internal reviews, or ways of improving off field, all clubs that are bottom dwellers rebuild, more access to
top ten picks, to use or trade.
As I said I'm happy with the list, keeping them on the park is another matter.
Agree with what you are saying, but Ballantyne, Apeness and Bennell were while Lloyd and Bond were still aboard I think? I'm mixed about the signings, but don't think they are the worst decisions. Maybe Apeness or Bennell could have been shifted to the Rookie list at the time.

S&C Coach (Michael Dobbin) who was with Freo for over 10 years is now with the NQ Cowboys. So clearly we have/are making some changes in that area - it's just that we are not publicising them.

S&C Coach (Michael Dobbin) who was with Freo for over 10 years is now with the NQ Cowboys. So clearly we have/are making some changes in that area - it's just that we are not publicising them.

Was he promoted? And who have we replaced him with? I see Webber is still there runnng things.

I’ve just seen that he was promoted so having someone leave to further their career isn’t really the same as having a thorough review and changing personnel to improve the performance and results of that dept.
Hopefully Webber has changed his program.

Was he promoted? And who have we replaced him with? I see Webber is still there runnng things.
Not sure it was a promotion... Otherwise the timing of criticisms by Ross and the S&C personnel changes were just a coincidence ;)

We've brought in Brad Keller, who started at Perth Glory, then was the WAFL S&C guy, also was at Peel for a bit, went to Glenelg as the High Performance guy and is now back in WA with us. Has a PhD in Sports Science (like Webber). We've turned over quite a few people in the S&C team over the past ~3 years but yes Jason is still running things. Was just wanting to illustrate we aren't just sitting on our hands behind the scenes like it may appear from the outside. I was semi expecting Webber to move on - not sure of his contract status though.

Back