List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Done. How we go from dominating and so attacking last week, to setting up defensively and not dominating the talls? Pathetic. Ross can't attack. He's scared, so scared to kick goals.

Overreact much?

Kids fluctuate and literally all of them sucked today. Mids destroyed & lost almost every 1 on 1. But yeah blame Ross

Yep sure. He watched last weeks game replay and thought "Geez miles to much attacking play"....then made sure that this week we played the opposite style :rolleyes:
It was clear form the bounce. So clear. We got pumped in the middle, retreated to defensive zone and held on. To lose like that. Garbage

Perhaps I should've given him credit for his performance last week, but this week was far far worse than that was good. He gave Hogan what, 1 quarter as a genuine forward before losing patience? In a low scoring game where he could've made a difference up there. Just atrocious coaching. Cerra down back, Brayshaw up forward. What is going on.

Ross on his way down to the rooms...

eeuw4ZF.gif

Or, its a young side an sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesnt....

The intent to attack and take the game on was non-existent this week. Most teams have it every game. Ross is responsible for that. I think there's a chance that last week's win was all player driven.

Perhaps I should've given him credit for his performance last week, but this week was far far worse than that was good. He gave Hogan what, 1 quarter as a genuine forward before losing patience? In a low scoring game where he could've made a difference up there. Just atrocious coaching. Cerra down back, Brayshaw up forward. What is going on.

We got smashed in the middle, Hogan to the middle actually turned that and Cerra was one of the only ones with class at times on half back - it's literally why he is playing there. Brayshaw was playing poorly all game.

Look FreoRicci, I'm not against criticising Ross. Its his responsibility to get the guys up for games and for whatever reason, that clearly didnt happen today.

From what I see at the moment, our plan A is gold, looks a million dollars but we struggle massively under pressure with disposal (more than most teams). We also dont have a plan B and look completely lost when its not going our way.

But come up with some legitimate criticism. You have proof from 7 days ago that he is trying to be more attacking.

Today was as bad as it gets just like last week was as good as it gets. Thats not good enough as the side gets more mature there simply has to be less of this s**t (this may as well be a 100 point loss as far as I'm concerned) but as I pulled theGav56 up in his thread that went too early, you cant chuck a hissy fit for one week. Its got to be over a block of games

The intent to attack and take the game on was non-existent this week. Most teams have it every game. Ross is responsible for that. I think there's a chance that last week's win was all player driven.

Don't remember who but someone drew the comparison of last week to our first ever game under Ross. We beat Geelong and kicked 100 points, looked attacking and high scoring. Then the scoring dried up as the players adapted to the gameplan.

We got smashed in the middle, Hogan to the middle actually turned that and Cerra was one of the only ones with class at times on half back - it's literally why he is playing there. Brayshaw was playing poorly all game.

There was a moment where Hogan kicked it to a forward line of Brayshaw and Schultz. It's no wonder we couldn't score goals. It's another example of Ross thinking he's the smartest guy in the room rather than playing guys to their strength and giving them a chance.

Overreact much?

Kids fluctuate and literally all of them sucked today. Mids destroyed & lost almost every 1 on 1. But yeah blame Ross
Exactly. Him and Tabs were getting it slowly. The midfield was shocking though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We took two traveling emergencies because there was clearly some concern with the fitness of some of the players and the balance of the team we had lined up, yet we didn't do anything. Players and coaches too confident. Deserved to get humiliated today.

Somebody said you judge by your win-loss record.

The fact we haven’t made finals for 3 straight years and been in the bottom 6.

Another year in the bottom 6 should have him move on but we know that won’t happen.

There was a moment where Hogan kicked it to a forward line of Brayshaw and Schultz. It's no wonder we couldn't score goals. It's another example of Ross thinking he's the smartest guy in the room rather than playing guys to their strength and giving them a chance.
I don't think that ball goes into our forward line without Hogan in the middle.

Oh come on...

So last week they ignored Ross and kicked 140 points but this week they decided to listen to him and that's why we lost? That's absurd.

I don't have much faith in him as our coach, but he's on a hiding to nothing if he gets no credit for us winning and takes all the blame when we lose.

Oh C'MON! We were playing Gold Coast for goodness sake. That's a lame excuse.

To be fair, you have no idea yet where Gold Coast stand. They are full of talent and it's going to click eventually, especially at home.

They've been poor for a long time, but it's not always going to be the case.

You carry your preconceptions into a decision and it colours your outcomes. If we were playing Richmond, the game went EXACTLY the same, we'd be saying we got lucky to get within three points. But we expected to smash gold coast so it's horrible.

We got spanked in the middle, they destroyed our midfield.

To be fair, you have no idea yet where Gold Coast stand. They are full of talent and it's going to click eventually, especially at home.

You carry your preconceptions into a decision and it colours your outcomes. If we were playing Richmond, the game went EXACTLY the same, we'd be saying we got lucky to get within three points. But we expected to smash gold coast so it's horrible.

They just lost their two best players and started another rebuild while we are three years into ours. They were rated as the worst list ever going into this year. Besides, robbing Peter to pay Paul doesn't work, especially if you're a team that struggles to score like ours.

I do agree with what you're saying

I guess some posters get emotional after losses. I think you post rationally all the time. Not that it's a bad thing

I'mdefinitely one who wears my heart on my sleave

Back