List Mgmt. Ross the Boss

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by jedi mind tricks, Apr 2, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. salim malik

salim malik Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Why not support Freo , you are after all a Freo supporter.;)

meima likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. meima

meima Cancelled

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    I always support freo , when I am wrong freo keep winning ,so I rather be on the wrong side. The more I said Ross is not that good , the more freo win .

3. scon

scon Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    Then there's the 'supporters' who want him to fail so they can say "I told you so!"

4. Freofalcon

Freofalcon Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth, Hajduk Split, West Ham
    Who'd want Freo to fail just to say "I told you so"?

That doesn't make sense.

Hazelsnuts and poshman like this.
  5. meima

meima Cancelled

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    Well I did not said I told you so , I said let him finish his contract rather than boot him off. As the payoff is too great . Hawthorn fall show that freo is not tanking last year but had a ageing list last season . Eagles will be next .

Marty Whitelaw likes this.
  6. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    And yet it happens...

7. scon

scon Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    Agreed that's why I put the quotation marks around supporters.
    Don't know how much you read these pages but there's a fair amount of what I described.

8. Grape Bear

Grape Bear Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    To be fair, we need to be careful not to get too far ahead of ourselves. Mundy, Sandi, and MJ are still to come out of our best 22, and we do not have ready made replacements for them. It won't be easy to cover the loss in quality and experience that quickly.

PapaJ, Caldera, poshman and 3 others like this.
  9. meima

meima Cancelled

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    Shut it . Freo just need to trade players in. Lobbs is just a player away from premiership . Mundy replacement ( Blakely,balic) MJ ( a.pearce , Cox ). Sandi ( no replacement loh). I did actually hawthorn Box hill list nothing to worry about for another 5 year .

10. Grape Bear

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Meima... what's with the "Loh" ?

poshman and Tbonefreo like this.
  11. scon

scon Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    Grumpy Clarko presser he says we've got 8 AA's in the squad.
    He also said 'um' in world record volumes.
    Way ahead of Ross on that metric for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. meima

meima Cancelled

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    Good old clarkson too big ego to call for help .

His AA squad
    Roughead -> no replacement
    Rioli - no replacement
    Gibson - no replacement
    Burgoyne - no replacement
    Hodge - no replacement

Good luck big big hole even with genius game plan .

poshman and theGav56 like this.
  13. Freofalcon

Freofalcon Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth, Hajduk Split, West Ham
    I don't read too much.
    Just passing through.

Hazelsnuts likes this.
  14. ydraw

ydraw Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    And Roberton, and Mayne.

15. scon

scon Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    Fair go you're tiresome.

theGav56 likes this.
  16. Reginald Perrin

Reginald Perrin Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    South Fremantle
    Not really. There's probably only Silent Alarm.

poshman likes this.
  17. DudleyDocker

DudleyDocker Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    NE Patriots
    You don't visit often obviously Reginald Perrin :)

18. Grape Bear

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Can someone with more nous than me explain how what we have done with our rebuild is a disaster as opposed to what Geelong or the Hawks have done? (Sydney is an exception because the academy concessions are a massive rort, so they will be up and about by next year given the quality they have brought in even after finishing at the top the last few years). Hawthorne seems to have fallen off an even bigger cliff than we have.

19. Wally Walpamur

Wally Walpamur Premium Gold

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Chelsea, Boston Celtics
    We didn't trade all of our first and second round picks for established players over the past 10 years and we lucked out in that four young WA boys wanted to come home last season, filling positions on our list where players had passed their prime or weren't filled to begin with.

Edit: another thing being overlooked is that they've lost a lot of on field leadership and don't look like having any young leaders coming through. Mitchell and Lewis traded out, Gibson and Burgoyne cooked, Hodge maybe last year and this leaves it all on Roughead's shoulders. Massive problems at Hawthorn.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Unique Name and Grape Bear like this.
  20. Grape Bear

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    That's what I mean. I'm a bit baffled at what some people are saying on the main board that our team has totally been driven off the cliff. I know we have no flag to show for it, but no one can say we haven't given it a fair shake and come close the last 4 years prior to our drop in 2016. We aren't by any means out of the woods, with players like Mundy, MJ, and Sandi in their 30s with no heirs apparent, but our core of the two Hills, Walters, Fyfe, and Neale is a pretty solid foundation to build on. It's a shame we are still lacking players for our spine that are within the same age group.

freo84, scon, Ripper and 1 other person like this.
  21. Wally Walpamur

Wally Walpamur Premium Gold

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Chelsea, Boston Celtics
    I was just about to say that I think our spine is fine, we just need a KPF and an eventual replacement for Sandi.
    A Pearce - Hamling - Sandi - Fyfe - Neale - Mundy (Blakely or Balic) - McCarthy - Kersten (need to upgrade)

Outside of this we have the Hills on the wings and then the usual suspects, Weller, Tucker, Langdon, Logue et. al.

If Strnadica can build some size he could be a crucial player. Has a strong grab and is a good kick, just not ready for AFL from a physical perspective.

22. FreoMonocle

FreoMonocle Premium Gold

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I think it's a half dozen of one, 6 of the other Grape Bear.

Our list, along with Hawthorns has taken a battering from getting poor draft picks for so long. Well worth it, if you can try and have a crack at Grand Finals you do it, no questions asked.

As for our list, crikey moses, if we weren't so lucky with those 4 trades and just went to the draft, we'd be sitting at 0-4 and deeply in the poo, with everyone in AFL land melting over it still.

Once Mundy, MJ and Sandi are gone, we will be light on the 26 to 32 year olds, we'll be missing a stack of experience. Couple this with being light on top end draft picks in the squad. If we don't bottom out this year, we'll miss out on the bonanza year for tall forwards - and even with McCarthy we could do with a KPF, and our Ruck stocks if Sandi retires or gets injured are dismal (though we have Darcy and Stradnica, who may develop nicely for us in 2-3 years).

We need either more luck with diamonds in the rough (the Balic's, Neales or Brownlow medalists at pick #20), or to fill our holes with money - ie trades - and we've sucked at it in general over the years, or we need at least one more horror season where we can get top draft picks.

But we may do average this year, rather than bottoming out again. We're in a position that if we replenish our list with average talent from finishing somewhere around the 8, it will perpetuate as our average list will get us average results (and neither a GF nor good draft picks for a future GF).

But then there is the Academy, Chris25 is reporting that it's slim pickings for us this year, but we might win Lotto via it in the coming years, fingers crossed.

23. Ripper

Ripper Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    In fairness the first two were highly rated and slipped because of Height (Neale) and injury (Balic).

24. FreoMonocle

FreoMonocle Premium Gold

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Maybe I didn't put it well, I wasn't meaning to throw "nasturtiums" in regards to them, just saying that we were lucky to get them - and probably shouldn't have gotten them in the draft.

25. Unique Name

Unique Name Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    This is our under 26yr old side. Ross/Lloyd/Bondy have 4 years to improve on it/gel it together and get a flag with it.

Ryan - A Pearce - Logue
    Weller - Hamling - Tucker
    B Hill - Neale - S Hill
    Bennell - McCarthy - Crozier
    Walters - Apeness - Kersten

Darcy - Fyfe - Blakely

Sherro - Langdon - Balic - Hughes

Depth:
    Collins, Uebergang, Nyhuis, Duman, Taberner, Deluca, Cox, Strnadica.

-------

- Biggest issue for me is Apeness. Can he be a main target and take the biggest defender away from McCarthy and Kersten. Can he be the Fwd/Ruck we need? Hopefully he can get 15+ games this year so we get some idea.
    - Kersten's last two games have been promising. Can he continue to improve. We need him averaging closer to 2 goals a games. Mitch McGovern could still be a target.
    - Walters seems to be playing more as the small forward this season do far. We need a crumbing forward for depth.
    - Sean Darcy, In the Sandi mold of tap ruckmen. Will he provide enough of an advantage at stoppages to make up for his lack of around ground play/agility. Would love to know where the club are at with Clarke. Save trading someone in if he can be a stop gap until Sean is ready.
    - Backline small/medium defenders. Are the likes of Hughes/Ryan/Nyhuis good enough.

lw11 and FreoMonocle like this.