dominguez

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
They should of been hurting after Carlton and showed us a response against WC in front of their home crowd. Looks like a lot (not all) are just here for the pay cheque.

You're implying that the players brought a lack of effort to the derby.

We got smashed out of the centre with Sandilands and Crowden spending a lot of time in the square after being out of the side longterm.

We won the inside 50's.

We kicked 2.19.

There are 90 point losses where serious questions need to be asked and there are 90 point losses where you can say that nothing went right and we were simply outclassed.

Randomizor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who was that post directed at? It was in reference to Lyon coaching Fremantle. Own up to your Lyon . Me thinks you protest to much.
No. You’ve made that up. It was simply a poor potshot at another poster. Nowhere do I say it has anything to do with Lyon’s coaching this year. Nowhere do I say it’s affected his coaching.

Read the words actually said, not the narrative you’ve created.

You’ve really made a mistake here. Don’t double down.

In fact, it was a response to a potshot at me:

960EEFA0-E058-4353-807F-E37BF89DB564.jpeg

Last edited:

PurpleEyes

Club Legend
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross seriously needs a kick up the backside, thinks he can coast through as a mediocre coach in the current competition because our board and higher ups have no guts to do anything about it. Are we ahead of the rebuild? Yes. Should we be where we are though with this current list? Not a chance. The team we have is capable of playing finals and should be playing finals. Instead it's losing to Melbourne and Carlton and becoming the laughing stock of the competition yet again. Has Ross changed since 2015? I'd say he has, but it still isn't good enough the way we're going. I don't think we should sack him because we were applauding him a couple of weeks ago, but I expect better from this club and I expect results, which means I expect a win on Saturday.
At the start of 2019, prior to Round 1, when he had a fairly fit squad with few injuries, the bookies had Fremantle paying $4.50 to play the finals.
For those that aren't great with betting odds, to put it another way, the experts who make money out of analysing and predicting how good a team is, thought Fremantle had a less than 22.3% chance of playing finals.

Magnum27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Geez you eagles supporters are like Beetlejuice!....if we ever even mention anything about anything west coast, it doesnt take long for one to appear!!
Do you guys just trawl thru our forum?....
I read threads on all club boards, not just my own. I enjoy seeing how other supporters are viewing things.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I was thinking today what a huge loss Neale is.

I'm sure there's a few factors involved but Fagan being who he is would have been a big one.
Fair assumption, as is that the players who have come to Fremantle want to play under Lyon. But for perspective, didn't Hogan accept a reduced contract while Neale cracked one of the highest paid players list?

raffrox

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Oh cool, let's gang up and get involved in a dispute that involves two other people.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Salim gives as good as he gets and then some.

Nice of you to be Salims white knight though.

You obviously haven't seen how people have posted towards me. Or maybe you have and it doesn't count because you don't agree with me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raffrox

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Fair assumption, as is that the players who have come to Fremantle want to play under Lyon. But for perspective, didn't Hogan accept a reduced contract while Neale cracked one of the highest paid players list?
Yeah. The mind just ticks over with Neale as far as why he left as his steadiness and consistency is something we miss .

Who know what the reasons were for sure though.

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
Salim gives as good as he gets and then some.

Nice of you to be Salims white knight though.

You obviously haven't seen how people have posted towards me. Or maybe you have and it doesn't count because you don't agree with me?
Nah I hardly even notice who individual posters are, just here for the footy talk. The personal stuff bores me to tears. Sorry I don't know whether I agree with your opinions or not. Chances are I agree with some of your views and disagree with others. That's usually the case.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

FreoMonocle

Premium Gold
Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who know what the reasons were for sure though.
Most footballers will never see those sorts of wages after they finish footy and Neale was offered an eye watering payrise. The difference between what we were paying and his new contract over the course of his footy years is half a lifetimes salary for the ordinary man, who needs other reasons. While, I'd have been deleriously happy with him staying - I would have thought him a fool to turn it down as he has the rest of his life, his wife and future kids to think of.

tonygeeks

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
So if I can’t say we’ve stagnated this year because there are 7 games to play, probably not fair to say we’ve improved either? Or is it only ok to you to present the positive spin on things?
Derr , surely you know how this place works by now

The funny thing is they love him so much but he ****ing hates footy fans

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Nodgey

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
This always frustrates me. Pre-season I too probably would have predicted 10-12 wins and hopefully knocking on the door of the top 8. But when you're comfortably sitting inside the 8 with a 7-5 WL record after having knocked off the Pies and Power, its reasonable to upgrade your expectations. Winning just 3 of your final 10 games to limp to that 10 win 'pass' mark isn't that exciting.

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
This always frustrates me. Pre-season I too probably would have predicted 10-12 wins and hopefully knocking on the door of the top 8. But when you're comfortably sitting inside the 8 with a 7-5 WL record after having knocked off the Pies and Power, its reasonable to upgrade your expectations. Winning just 3 of your final 10 games to limp to that 10 win 'pass' mark isn't that exciting.
I agree as an emotionally involved fan. I do this myself.

It makes no sense if we perform better than expected to adjust your expectations up if you are not willing to adjust them down again if we then perform worse again. Development and performance are not linear and if you treat them as such you will consistently run into this problem.

I definitely raised my expectations after the Pies game. As such, the Blues game hit hard (Dees not so much). Going into the Derby my expectation were low again (not 2-19 low) so it was easier to take than Carlton. I think we are better than last year, but not by as much as I thought at 7-5.

kingswood71

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2010
The Mid-West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
Half glass full :)....Win the next 7, play finals :)

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo

We got smashed out of the centre with Sandilands and Crowden spending a lot of time in the square after being out of the side longterm.

We won the inside 50's.

We kicked 2.19.

There are 90 point losses where serious questions need to be asked and there are 90 point losses where you can say that nothing went right and we were simply outclassed.
I think a serious question would be why play Sandilands and Crowden then if they were going to be liabilities?
There was little accountabilities by experienced midfielders on their opponents. We won the inside 50's which, once again, the entries were a bucket of s**t. I guess it's a shame the game is not scored by winning the I50 entries.
We kicked 2.19? Don't you think that's another serious question that should be asked? That's the most inaccurate score line for any game in the last 44 years!!

We were outclassed, but surely you can see there is also a set of "serious" questions that need to be asked.

blue shark

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think a serious question would be why play Sandilands and Crowden then if they were going to be liabilities?
There was little accountabilities by experienced midfielders on their opponents. We won the inside 50's which, once again, the entries were a bucket of s**t. I guess it's a shame the game is not scored by winning the I50 entries.
We kicked 2.19? Don't you think that's another serious question that should be asked? That's the most inaccurate score line for any game in the last 44 years!!

We were outclassed, but surely you can see there is also a set of "serious" questions that need to be asked.
Will be interesting to see what, or if any changes are made for next year. But If Belly isn't getting some feedback from some of his old mates I would be surprised.
Does anyone really trust the internal reviews that the club signs off on?

raffrox

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

We won the inside 50's.

We kicked 2.19.

Well this week is pretty important in seeing if what you're saying is true. If it is just all circumstantial stuff (i.e. we were outclassed) then there's no reason why we should have a poor game this week and possibly three poor (or 4 if you count the Demons game) games in a row.

I hope we win and smash the Hawks but the excuses will start to run out if it's another shocker.

Top Bottom