List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
The board gave Ross an extra 4yrs less than a year ago. Chances of them reversing that decision this year is zero. It looks like a ridiculous call to give him a contract if that length, but to chop Ross now would be a huge loss of face for all on the board.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree that things can't continue under Ross. It's a huge shame and I have always backed him. But the list of problems currently, almost all of which are his responsibility is too long to name in detail and I'm not writing an essay tonight.

Anyway.

We don't need an experienced coach. Paul Roos? Are you kidding? Ross Lyon based everything he knows off of Roos.

We need a quality, untried assistant coach who has fresh ideas, enthusiasm and deserves an opportunity.

Look at Adelaide with Don Pyke, the Bulldogs with Beveridge. Teams who have developed high risk, attacking gameplans whilst still being accountable.

There is gold out there to be found. Going after another experienced coach is the wrong call unless we could land someone like Clarkson, which ain't gonna happen.

Back