List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you could trade Lyon for Cripps, would you do it?

Cripps is playing in a s**t team so he gets all the kudos when he plays well. I'd like to see him in a halfway competitive team before we start selling the farm for him.

There are less good available coaches than there are good players in the competition we could poach.

I'm not seeing a replacement for Lyon who is better than him so why wait to sign him?

Cripps is playing in a **** team so he gets all the kudos when he plays well. I'd like to see him in a halfway competitive team before we start selling the farm for him.

There are less good available coaches than there are good players in the competition we could poach.

I'm not seeing a replacement for Lyon who is better than him so why wait to sign him?
The Fevola effect?

If the reported 4.5 million over 5 years by Carlton is on the table for RTB he would have to give it consideration over the uncertainty with Freo's offer/non offer at the end of next year
$$$$$ usually win
I think future of Ross, Freo and Carlton depends on how freo is going to play in the next 11 games.. If we do not make finals he may not be coaching at both clubs, If we make finals he will be wanted at both clubs. But I am not sure Freo will be able to match carlton for contracting long 4-5 years.... If we are offering only 2-3 years may be better to increase the contract value so that both freo and ross are satisfied?

I think future of Ross, Freo and Carlton depends on how freo is going to play in the next 11 games.. If we do not make finals he may not be coaching at both clubs, If we make finals he will be wanted at both clubs. But I am not sure Freo will be able to match carlton for contracting long 4-5 years.... If we are offering only 2-3 years may be better to increase the contract value so that both freo and ross are satisfied?

Lyon is ZERO chance of going to Carlton.

I’m sure there’s nothing in it except being mates and outside business interests

But it’s not ideal is it, optics will likely piss off freo leaders

What’s his angle? Trying to see who blinks first - a contract extension or he walks?

Introducing ploy RTB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! What a flip that would be though from the football community. Ross supposedly can't rebuild yet one of the biggest Melbourne clubs take him on specifically for that task. Talk about a turnaround in attitude! Haha!
Can’t imagine Clarko going, he’s currently trying to get Hawthorn back on track.
Lyon is starting to come out of his own rebuild, can’t imagine him wanting to start again at Carlton
Roos would need a huge pay packet and a successor in place straight away.

Maybe 3 year deal with Roos, then handing off to Mitchell or something

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps is playing in a **** team so he gets all the kudos when he plays well. I'd like to see him in a halfway competitive team before we start selling the farm for him.

Becuase he still has 1.5 years left on his contract.
Because we were 6 n 7 at our bye in 2018 and won 2 games from there on.
Because we were 6 n 3 after round 9 in 2017 and won 2 games from there on.
Because there is a LOT more for Ross to prove.

The Fevola effect?

You are kidding, yeah...

...no, of course you are. Haha good one

Having arbitrary deadlines and KPI's is all well and good but at the end of the day if a 5 year deal gets thrown at Lyon then the ball is in our court to decide earlier than the made up deadline if we want to keep him or not. From everything that we've seen from Lyon between 2012 - 2019 he's absolutely worth an extension and the reason the speculation exists right now in the first place.

Lyon does not bleed purple, he is a business man like all coaches, that's the reason we got him to begin with. If our management is inflexible and he gets a better deal from else where I think he absolutely will walk.

Smartly played by Rosco right there, Freo on the up, nice little excuse to be in Melbourne for a cheeky lunch, nice little excuse to have lunch with his business partner. Perfectly timed little PR shot in the arm for all things Ross.

The Carlton job would have to be bloody attractive, it’s all up side and we all know he likes a good poach! It’s brave to say there’s ZERO chance of that happening again.

Having arbitrary deadlines and KPI's is all well and good but at the end of the day if a 5 year deal gets thrown at Lyon then the ball is in our court to decide earlier than the made up deadline if we want to keep him or not. From everything that we've seen from Lyon between 2012 - 2019 he's absolutely worth an extension and the reason the speculation exists right now in the first place.

Lyon does not bleed purple, he is a business man like all coaches, that's the reason we got him to begin with. If our management is inflexible and he gets a better deal from else where I think he absolutely will walk.

The club will hold him to his contract. Either he see's it out OR he tries to break it and the club refuses to release him.

The Fremantle Football club gain nothing from letting him go a year early.

Lyon also has a lot to lose, does no one remember the absolute s**t show that was Fremantle poaching him from St Kilda?

My lord, if he was to try to do it again he would be lynched. Luckily, unlike St Kilda it seems like FFC know how to write contracts without exit clauses.

Simpson is signed up til 2022, a 3 year extension. A similar deal for Ross ie 2022 would be the smart move.
If the Boss wants more then I would let him walk.
If 3 years for Simpson who had only made a GF, finals and before last years finals series, we would be stupid to
offer Ross any longer.

Has anyone actually seen the footage of the lunch. I'm pretty sure it was just shown on the new and Peter Bell was sitting at the next table

Yeah that's a fair point

Just an interesting question

Also remember Carlton love sacking coaches midseason in recent memory ;p
Surely coaching Carlton is less of a sure thing long-term wise compared to his current posting...
If Ross is up for a 5 year no guarantee rebuild, then by all means. But he would be further from a premiership then before. Sure it Would be a miracle if he pulled that off. But he is on big money here anyway. The players love him, the CEO and board back him.
Carlton has that fairytale attached to it, but who would be bold enough to do it?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back