List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't doubt that. The part I think is master troll is making the lunch super public when it didn't need to be. I mean, he is perfectly entitled to eat lunch at a restaurant but he'll know he is going to get questioned about it.

Got a better sense of humour than many give him credit for.

What if he did it on the sneak, out of the public view but it somehow leaked or someone saw him in the back having a extremely private lunch with SOS. I think it'd be 10x worse what we have to deal with in the media.

I think he made it public because he didn't want to cause any more rumors. He planned to have lunch with his business partner and old friend before the hall of fame dinner that night. He's answered the questions already and people will move on.

Smartly played by Rosco right there, Freo on the up, nice little excuse to be in Melbourne for a cheeky lunch, nice little excuse to have lunch with his business partner. Perfectly timed little PR shot in the arm for all things Ross.

The Carlton job would have to be bloody attractive, it’s all up side and we all know he likes a good poach! It’s brave to say there’s ZERO chance of that happening again.
Except he's in Melbourne for other things.

What if he did it on the sneak, out of the public view but it somehow leaked or someone saw him in the back having a extremely private lunch with SOS. I think it'd be 10x worse what we have to deal with in the media.

I think he made it public because he didn't want to cause any more rumors. He planned to have lunch with his business partner and old friend before the hall of fame dinner that night. He's answered the questions already and people will move on.
I agree your second paragraph is a likely explanation.

I think future of Ross, Freo and Carlton depends on how freo is going to play in the next 11 games.. If we do not make finals he may not be coaching at both clubs, If we make finals he will be wanted at both clubs. But I am not sure Freo will be able to match carlton for contracting long 4-5 years.... If we are offering only 2-3 years may be better to increase the contract value so that both freo and ross are satisfied?
We are sitting 6-5 now, and most people think we are doing ok. 9th on the ladder = no finals. Making or not making finals won't be the criteria, and I doubt there is one. More likely, the club is happy with where we are at but have a contract, so wait till the end of the season to evaluate.

if ross wants to go let him go ......but he is not going to hold the club to ransom the freo footy club need to stand firm and re-access end of year

Interesting little data range
fdb7921f9f56f6463648c54650cc58f9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure SOS was seeing if his good mate at freo will have a role available for him in 2020

No thanks.

I could’ve built a decent list at GWS with their picks from reading Phantom Drafts on BigFooty.

And what’s he’s done to Carlton’s list recruiting so many recycled duds is a disgrace.

To GWS cost them nothing really and he was a Rising Star Winner at odds with his club.

To Carlton was a salary dump that included some much better players didn't it?

Sam Kerridge
Jed Lamb
Andrew Phillips
Lachie Plowman
Liam Sumner
Matthew Wright
Daniel Gorringe
Caleb Marchbank
Rhys Palmer
Jarrod Pickett
Billie Smedts
Jarrod Garlett
Aaron Mullett
Alex Silvagni
Darcy Lang
Matthew Kennedy
Matthew Lobbe
Cameron O’Shea
Matt Shaw
Alex Fasolo
Will Setterfield
Mitch McGovern
Nic Newman
Hugh Goddard
Tomas Bugg
Josh Deluca

How does a list manager recruit this many recycled players in four and a half years?

If I’m being generous any other list manager may have picked up eight of these guys.

Headlines across a few outlets. The guy is such a troll. They both new exactly what the headlines would be when they chose to sit in a public space and eat lunch in Lygon st of all places.
Far better to do so very publicly. If,they even looked like they looked like they were in a private chat it would be all over the place even more speculatively.

In my opinion this is a nothing story. However I guess Rosco could be building his brand. You only have to go back 12 months and his brand was damaged in the wake of the sexual harassment scandal. He would have been lucky to get a boot cleaner position at another club. Now suddenly he has rebuilt his brand and he is showing Freo that there is interest so let’s look at an extension now rather than wait till 2020.

“My identity is incredibly strong with Fremantle. I’m fully committed. The playing group and I are really strongly committed.”

If Ross gets a bigger contract, I be Michael Walters tapping him on the shoulder reminding him that he'd be 5 games without a win, if it wasn't for two of his kicks.

Back