Roughead and Grundy promoted to leadership group of six

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Grundy's promotion to the leadership group was an outcome of his new deal?

I wonder if Grundy's promotion to the leadership group was an outcome of his new deal?

my thoughts exactly. I think to the trav cloke deal when he and dad made some statements about future leadership. Having said that, I think Grundy has the basic traits for leadership and i thought that before he got the nod. Being in WA so long, it reminds me of the brian peake thing with geelong oh so many years ago. They wanted Peake so much, Geelong promised him the captaincy and he was flown into kardinia in a chopper to his first game as captain. Western Australians will tell you that he could walk on water but he was past his best and over-hyped when he was at his best. Brodes might be on the hype train as we speak but we could do worse with him vc or even capt. He would have to pull his head in with the philosophical stuff I think.

I thought they might put Mayne in the leadership group this year, it’s obvious he is a strong leader at the club, especially in that article from the other day about him editing the videos and going through them with the younger players. Seems to direct traffic on the field a lot too.
I guess you don’t actually need the title of leader, to be a leader though.

Hang on

Keefe was in our leadership.group ?
Certainly was, one year back in the day (pre his visit to St Kilda’s finest gardens).
one of those extended leader groups (after the main few players).
For a while there he was our second tallest player as well.

I thought they might put Mayne in the leadership group this year, it’s obvious he is a strong leader at the club, especially in that article from the other day about him editing the videos and going through them with the younger players. Seems to direct traffic on the field a lot too.
I guess you don’t actually need the title of leader, to be a leader though.
Maybe there was a concern that he might not always hold his place in the senior team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back