Preview Roughead Returns - Round 14, 2019: Sydney v Hawthorn, 21 June 2019, 7:50pm AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could pinch this one. (too soon?)
It's one of our favourite stomping grounds. (too soon?)
A bird in the hand...

In: Lewis, Scrimshaw, Wingard
Out: Stratton, Glass, Brand

Think we got the balance wrong with talls against Essendon.
Clarkson said we didn't get a chance to properly test Sicily up forward because we were so crap with forward delivery. (I'm paraphrasing) so he might keep Brand in and try that again.

If Wingard isn't ready, Glass to stay in.
If Scrimshaw isn't ready then Brand will stay in.

Clarkson said we didn't get a chance to properly test Sicily up forward because we were so crap with forward delivery. (I'm paraphrasing) so he might keep Brand in and try that again.

Perfection.. spot on those changes

Jones can’t replace Glass?

I hope our defensive pressure improves, and I hope our kicks stop being smothered.

Jaeger should get tagged by Hewett, so Worpel needs to continue his trajectory towards an elite mid. Barring injury issues, Lewis should come in.

Agreed mate. Nailed it.

I'd love to see Ross play. He literally can't do much more at VFL level. Time to get games into him. Lewis has to come back in and Moore must stay. Three of our brightest talents alongside Worpel.

I love Puopolo, and I understand what you said previous Gralin, but it's time to see how our forward line can function with Ross and Moore. Not Puopolo. We need to build for 2020 and beyond.

Cousins needs to go back to Box Hill. Has had three ordinary games. Harry has been really good at the level and deserves his chance. Moore should be given time through the middle.

Is Wingard back optimistic by some? I'd be staggered if he is fit. Scrimshaw was listed as 4-6 wasn't he? I can't see him being ready either.

No sense playing Brand, O'Brien and Frawley. If Clarko want's to test Sicily forward again, Frawley to Buddy, O'Brien to Reid. We need to see how O'Brien can stack up against the best, maybe try him on the Bud too.

In: Ross, Lewis, Morrison

Out: Brand, Cousins, Puopolo.

Changes, tactics, hopes and dreams in here
I hope we can win.

I dream that CJ, Ross* and Lewis get the call up and light us up.

edit: I really want Scrim back in too.

*I am concerned that Ross is still too lean to play seniors, but what the hey...

IN: Wingard, Scrimshaw, Howe

OUT: Stratton (suspended), Brand (omitted), Moore (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frawley, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, O’Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Gunston, Wingard

F: Breust, Ceglar, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Scully, Howe, Cousins, Glass

Ross for Moore, Scrimshaw for Stratts and Lewis for Brand. No point playing Wingard the rest of the year, I'd put him on a strict running regime so he's in good shape come pre season. If he breaks down (again) it'll be a disaster as a fit Wingard will be a huge boon next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrim and wingard may be another week away. Don’t think we’d risk either.

Don’t think Clarko will change much but if he did I’d suggest the below:

Outs: Brand, Stratton (susp), ceglar, Moore, glass, Puopolo
In: Lewis, Ross, CJ, jones, Harry, Ollie

Hardwick Frawley silk
Impey Sicily CJ
Scully worpel hendo
Ross Gunston Smith
Breust Lewis Ollie
BB JOM shiels
I: jones, Harry, Cousins, TOB

Lewis must come back in, Scrimmers likewise if fit and possibly Morrison.

Either Brand or Ceglar, Stratton and Glass to make way.

Cousins stays as we need midfielders. Would like to see him clamp down on Parker.

Swans defenders play back shoulder without exception so our forwards need to lead.

CJ in for Strats (suspended). Lewis in for Glass (omitted). Ross in for Smith (omitted). Wingard in for Poppy (omitted). Scrimshaw in for Brand (omitted).

B: Impey, Frawley, O’Brien
HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Hardwick
C: Hendo, Worpel, Scully
HF: Ross, Gunston, Wingard
F: Breust, Lewis, Moore

R: McEvoy, Shiels, O’Meara

I: Ceglar, Burgoyne, Cousins, CJ

Time to play the kids. If Smith wants to look as disinterested as he did on Friday then he can play at Box Hill. Ross, Lewis and CJ belong in prime time - time to get them in. Moore should be persisted with. Breust and Gunston to remain - Gunston to play up forward though rather than roaming the ground.

You could pick apart our team in a million ways at the moment.
1 thing that's evident our scoring has declined every year since 2015, due to a number of reason the personal on the field and the ball movement are two reason. For mine the 2 rucks has not worked for years, it use to work when we had key forwards and they floated in not as the starting fwds.

So while i don't think we will make the finals atm or do damage in the finals, I want to see Roughy finish off his career in the 1's there is no sentiment in footy i know! At worst M.Lewis should be in the team every week we have no other key forwards in our 44.

You could try and get some more dash off our half back line with C.j or Miles. Maybe you could move Smith back to the Halfback line while Hendo and Scully are running hot. You could Move Impey,Silk forward to help Breust and Moore lock the ball in our fwd line.

Ins Scrimshaw,Cj,Howe,Roughy,Lewis.

B : Scrimshaw, Frawley, O'Brien
HB: Hardwick, Sicily, Impey
C: Hendo, Worpel, Scully
Hf: Breust, Roughead, Moore
F: Lewis, Gunston, Burgoyne

R Mcevoy, Shiels, O'meara

I: Smith,Poppy,Howe,CJ

in: Scrimshaw, Lewis, Ross, Wingard
out: Stratton, Puopolo, Brand, Smith
I think they need to make a couple of big moves with selections; dropping Smith and Poppy would go a long way to do that. Shiels and Breust almost deserve a week off too, but I think they can (need to) deliver more this week.

Would love to see CJ get a debut, but I'd honestly prefer CJ to debut at home for the sake of his family/the theater of it all

Breust looks injured or at least I hope that is what it is.

Give him a rest and give anyone at Box Hill a game instead.
Most tackles out of anyone on the ground
Equal most tackles in forward 50
Equal most pressure acts with Gunston and Poppy

There you go.

Perhaps just out of form then?
Did you see our entries into 50 or our setup Friday night?
Breust has been our most consistent and damaging forward all year but he doesn't get aggro and his misses the odd shot and people call for his head.

He worked his arse off trying to keep it in and when we kicked it we kicked it nowhere near him or Cegs and co slapped it away from where he was or Sicily got in the way or he'd pressured and forced the turn over and was out of position for the returning ball.

I really wish we were playing you guys in 2 weeks time rather than next week. There would be something super poetic about Buddy playing against Hawthorn for his 300th.

As for the game, I honestly don't know what to expect. The Swans were surprisingly good against West Coast, as in it was a performance which made me think "where the hell did that come from" but I am also very aware of just how poor the Swans have been for large portions of 2019 so I honestly don't know which team will turn up.

Out of interest what is your defence like these days, as the Swans have a very tall forward line which is good in terms of marks inside 50 (when the midfield is doing its job) but pretty terrible when it comes to locking the ball inside 50. Who is likely to play on Buddy, Reid, McCartin and Blakey and what is Hawthorn's run out of defence like in 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back