Preview Roughead Returns - Round 14, 2019: Sydney v Hawthorn, 21 June 2019, 7:50pm AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out of contract and would have a lot of interested suitors, no idea why we're not playing him.

Why are we assuming that we won't play Rough & Lewis and try and stretch an undermanned Swans defence? (As I say this, I can just envision a completely open forward line with Puopulo one out against Alir & Rampe.... :rolleyes:)

Wet weather isn't expected in Sydney tomorrow.

Ins: Rough, Lewis, Ross
Outs: Stratton, Glass, Ceglar/TOB

Gunston can go back to defence whilst Stratton is missing.

Sicily experiment forward was a failure - keep him in defence too.

I don't often like to join the chorus of the naysayers - but * me, if we pick Roughead and don't give Lewis and Ross a go in this match then the match committee have truly bloody lost it. We have close to no chance of making finals, and not picking Lewis and picking Rough doesn't come close to enhancing those slim odds.

Truly baffled by this if true.

I don't often like to join the chorus of the naysayers - but **** me, if we pick Roughead and don't give Lewis and Ross a go in this match then the match committee have truly bloody lost it. We have close to no chance of making finals, and not picking Lewis and picking Rough doesn't come close to enhancing those slim odds.

Truly baffled by this if true.

Playing devils advocate for a second; if Roughy was dropped for not meeting his KPI's (whatever they may be) and has now been brought back in because he has met them in the VFL and others haven't, it is a way of showing these kids that selection will be based on merit rather than stature in the game or potential moving forward. You aren't going to be gifted a game just because you're a champion of the game just as you aren't going to be gifted a game because you are the 'future'.

Playing devils advocate for a second; if Roughy was dropped for not meeting his KPI's (whatever they may be) and has now been brought back in because he has met them in the VFL and others haven't, it is a way of showing these kids that selection will be based on merit rather than stature in the game or potential moving forward. You aren't going to be gifted a game just because you're a champion of the game just as you aren't going to be gifted a game because you are the 'future'.
Lol KP fn I's

I was under the impression that his recent vfl form was poor?
Had 19 i50s or something like that. It's not always about stats when it comes to form. Obviously playing your role, team structure and leadership all come into the equation. With the leadership that Stratts showed last week its definitely something we need atm.

Not sure how Roughie comes in, hardly tearing the door down to get picked.
Our team selections this year have be strange to me ie. Nash ahead of Lewis at the start of the year & Glass 4-5 weeks ago coming in. Both to me are not up to AFL standard at this stage, need to work on aspects of there game before getting picked. They seem to been fast tracked ahead of others.
If one of Lewis or Ross not in this week I will be very disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you don't get 'gifted ' a game when you're consistently one of Box Hill's best players either, ask Teia Miles. I am sure team selection isn't 100% based on who is hitting their KRIs.

Well you don't get 'gifted ' a game when you're consistently one of Box Hill's best players either, ask Teia Miles. I am sure team selection isn't 100% based on who is hitting their KRIs.
If Miles doesn’t come in for Stratton or Glass this week, he might as well pull up stumps, because he won’t get pick for the rest of year.

Yeah utterly ridiculous, borderline comedic. Serves bugger all purpose him kicking the due off in a sub standard VFL comp, deadset some of the VFL teams would get beat by premier division Eastern and Essendon comp sides.
You don't think Rough will be stung by being dropped in the 1st place and put in a pretty solid run of games because of it?, I do. His presence alone will benefit the forward line.

Lol at the circle jerk re Lewis.

He has looked the most promising key forward we've had since we drafted Ruff and Buddy, we have every right to get excited. His ability to take contested marks and hit the scoreboard is something we lack, in fact it's something present day Ruff simply can't do.

I hope they both play tbh.

You don't think Rough will be stung by being dropped in the 1st place and put in a pretty solid run of games because of it?, I do. His presence alone will benefit the forward line.

His presence alone didn't help the forward line one iota from round 1-7.

I hope as much as any Hawks fan that he comes in and tears the Swans a new one and kicks 7 on them. However, we have to live in reality sometimes.

He has looked the most promising key forward we've had since we drafted Ruff and Buddy, we have every right to get excited. His ability to take contested marks and hit the scoreboard is something we lack, in fact it's something present day Ruff simply can't do.

I hope they both play tbh.
Exactly tige, I have nothing against Rough playing, but not at the expense of 2 young forwards. As long as either Lewis or Ross play, then all good. Would like all 3 to play. Think a half forward line of Gunston, Rough and Ross would be good to see. Then a full forward line of Lewis, Breust and Poppy.

It would make us too top heavy with both Roughead and Lewis in for this game, unless Brand and Ceglar are omitted. I don’t think Ceglar was that bad last week and should keep his spot.

I am happy for rough to get a game. We averaged 84 points with him and 70 points since. We were also more efficient inside 50 generating a scoring shot on 48% of forward fifty entries with him and on 44% of forward fifty entries since.

I’m a fan of Lewis but he needs to build his fitness so he can compete for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back