Roughhead Vs Deledio

Who has been better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comparison.

You'd be hard pressed to find 2 different types of players. In saying that Roughead has 3 premierships so I guess his career has gone better.

Both incredibly versatile utilities, Roughy has played back, forward, ruck and midfield, Deledio the same except for the ruck obviously. Roughead obviously had the better team success for the Hawks. Both are 2x All Australians, and have been well around that mark for a bunch of other seasons too. Whether we had taken Rough or Lids at pick 1, I don't think either team has lost and I'd be thrilled to have either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deledio is v good footballer but

you need great KP players to win premierships and they are much harder to find

roughhead wins !!

Lids is underrated. If he had played in a stronger team he would be far more highly regarded.
Roughy has 4 flags, a Coleman and is a KPP. So yes him. But not by a huge margin.

Both incredibly versatile utilities, Roughy has played back, forward, ruck and midfield, Deledio the same except for the ruck obviously. Roughead obviously had the better team success for the Hawks. Both are 2x All Australians, and have been well around that mark for a bunch of other seasons too. Whether we had taken Rough or Lids at pick 1, I don't think either team has lost and I'd be thrilled to have either.

Roughhead has incredible versatility.

Deledio has some versatility.

The way you attempted to paint that as somewhat even is admirable though.

Roughhead has incredible versatility.

Deledio has some versatility.

The way you attempted to paint that as somewhat even is admirable though.
Some versatility? Could play any position bar ruck, CHF, CHB or FB. Can play tall overhead or crumbing at ground level. Can play inside or outside as a mid, or on any flank. So he could play 14/18 positions on the ground, you dont think that makes him very versatile?

Interesting comparison.

You'd be hard pressed to find 2 different types of players. In saying that Roughead has 3 premierships so I guess his career has gone better.
Interesting in an understatement, The inspiration behind it was seeing people compare Jack Watts to Nic Nat.
Pick 1 to Pick 2, wanted to find out the consensus between the first two picks of this draft, even if the two players are not at all alike.

Deledio was the better player but he just ended up at a rabble at the time. Roughy walked into a club on the verge of building something amazing.

I would've preferred Lids personally but I acknowledge Roughead would've been much more valuable to us in the 2007-2017 contention period as he is a key tall and bloody good one at that. In saying that I'm also of the belief that at a great team Deledio would've been a top 20 player since 2000 instead he's around 25-50

Roughy as of today, love him, but who knows how he would've coped in the Richmond setup that Deledio and Tambling (to a lesser extent) were drafted into.

Deledio would be an easy choice if it weren't for playing in such a putrid side for so long and then breaking down as soon as things started to improve.

Could've probably been a 6x AA player (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 15), instead now he'll be forgotten soon after retirement. That's footy.

I'll take Roughead. One of the most versatile players in the competition. Only place he can't really play is ruck and still occasionally gets a hit out.
Coleman medalist as well. One of the best KPFs going around & great leader. Also very strong minded person. Takes mental &a physical strength to get through Cancer and get back to playing top quality footy again... twice

Back