Roughy Farewell Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait to watch the Big Rough this week against Goldcoast Live. The crowd will go Beserk when he kicks a goal and he may kick 10 like Riewoldt Last year. Anyways he will have a great game and wear his heart on his sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Playing Roughie against GC won’t cost us 4 points. I’d love for him to start CHB as a sh1t stir.
This week is a must-win and we must beat them heavily to stand any chance of finals. Rough is absolutely cooked and hardly getting a kick in the VFL with one goal in his last four matches and averaging about 13 disposals. By simple logic he simply cannot be selected while the season is still alive, it would be nonsense.

This week is a must-win and we must beat them heavily to stand any chance of finals. Rough is absolutely cooked and hardly getting a kick in the VFL with one goal in his last four matches and averaging about 13 disposals. By simple logic he simply cannot be selected while the season is still alive, it would be nonsense.

Club has confirmed he will be playing.

I can see that argument but there is also the counter argument that it lifts the rest of the team to make sure he gets sent out well

It doesn't matter now anyway as he is playing

Well this didn't age well... hahahahhaa

Roughy%20Thank%20You_1920x1080[1].jpg

Can't wait to watch the Big Rough this week against Goldcoast Live. The crowd will go Beserk when he kicks a goal and he may kick 10 like Riewoldt Last year. Anyways he will have a great game and wear his heart on his sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
if he kicks 10 it won't be his last game

I am not here for a debate about if Jarryd Rougheads form deserves a call up. I am simply going to write about the love I have for the great man.

I joined bigfooty when I was 16 during Roughies debut season and loved the way he played, the glimpses of talent he showed early and inturn I created my username to show support to the curly haired ranga we drafted. Whether he played back or up forward he always had a crack. He had a deceptively quick first few steps, and whilst he had a good vertical, I almost felt more comfortable in knowing that Roughie will probably tap it to ground and crumb his own work for a handball off or a snap around the corner which he ussually Converted when he was at his best.

We’re all aware of Roughies battle with cancer.Though I think it’s still not appreciated enough by footy fans to know how far he actually came back from physically. I know a lot of the members who attend trainings and preseason trainings can attest for how much work he had to put in. He lost a lot of weight during treatment but it didn’t stop his determination to play again. The club eventually ships out hodge mitchell and Lewis. The outward leadership styles and missing their presence in general made Rougheads acceptance of a captaincy role that more endearing because it was a heavy task to uphold. Whilst it was a massive honour Roughie has said how he struggled in the role in his first season as skipper yet he pressed on to the best of his abilities and regardless imo was still the best choice for captain.

I can’t see us making finals and I don’t care for the slim mathematical probabilities to try back up our chances. But what I do know as a fan the joy I feel knowing I get to see Roughead run out one more time. I can’t wait to see my favourite player get a farewell game. And whilst we can sit from the bleachers and say what we would do if we were the coach, we have no idea on a base level on what he means to the club and the players who pull on that gurnsey with him this weekend! I am sure every player will come out firing for Roughie, and I expect him to fully have an impact!

Thank you Roughie for your service and the joy you brought me watching you play mate! Carn the hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few of my mates are wanting to go the game now. They're not members, and they wanna buy General Admission. Is there any need to reserve tickets online for GA, or could you snag some on the day? Only asking cos with Roughy playing, the crowd will double.

Surely every Hawthorn supporter within a 100km radius makes the effort to farewell a champion of the game. Can't wait to see the big fella in action one more time

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

All the Sunday games has killed our attendance this season with all the clashes with Junior footy.

Fortunately, the footy God's have smiled this weekend. #2 son's U14 semi-final will finish by 3 (hopefully with a win & into the Granny) and it's off to Marvel we go. Woohoo!

It has been a privilege to watch Roughy's career. True champion of the game and an inspiration for all. Luvya Big Fella!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Anyone got that photo of Buddy, Roughie & Jordan Lewis, going back to their first Family Day in 2005?
Great photo at age 18, looking like real tough guys

My daughter and my niece got selfies with each of them that day, they were just rapt that they did so.

If Lewis also announces his retirement this week (last Dees game in Melbourne this Friday), I wouldn't be against Jordy doing a lap ahead of the game sunday. He was a warrior for us for many years and while his departure was messy, we shouldn’t forget what came before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back