Game Day Round 07 Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions - 1 May - 4:40pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why emotional reactions to loses are just that. Yes Lloyd cost us a few bad turnovers and goals.
But we just got beaten by a better side. It's not one bloke's fault is the point I was trying to make.

well lloyd was s**t in the wins imo

yeah im bashing him, but hes been droppable all year

just my opinion, nothing to do with the loss

Has an air to it when the backline kept going for spoils instead of trying for the mark. Remember that big Rampe spoil to McStay which resulted in a goal? No assurance without the big body in Paddy. Paddy would at least intercept them. Totally out of their depth today.

Yes I prefer watching Blakey to Lloyd. Do we need both styles of player? Again, yes.
Agree with the first part. Disagree with the second part. Which recent Premiership teams have had players in their backline that are subpar defenders, and piss-fart around with chip kicks when in possession of the footy?

Look at the weakest link of the back sixes of the recent Melbourne and Richmond sides for instance. For Melbourne, it was probably Bowey, and his primary job was to defend, not to attack.

You either need to a gun small defender or be as aggressive and creative with your ball use as someone like Jayden Short IMO. Lloyd is neither.

Disposal efficiency.

Rampe - 40%
JPK 50%
Hayward 50%
Blakey 60%

Lloyd with a game losing 87%. Shame on him.
You do realise basically every kick in is considered an effective disposal

Need to trade our first next year for McGovern or Barrass, or another big A grade defender.
We can give it a crack next year if we land one.
It's not happening. I don't know why people keep thinking it will. At best we can pluck a fringe KPD. MSD or end of year, for what we really should have looked at over the last couple.

Oh, it certainly does happen on other boards. The only instance it doesn't is when a board collectively believes a coach is cooked and the attention gets turned towards the coach. See the Port board and GC board this year for examples of that.

It does get quite spicy here though. I've got COVID at the moment, and I'm self-medicating with beer and pot which is keeping me sedated enough to stay out of it. :$

I followed the Hawks board last week and there was plenty of disappointment, but not quite our type of hysteria. They mainly took out their frustrations on the umpires, but certainly weren't death riding their own team like we tend to do.

West Coast board is full of doom, but you can understand it in their case.

well lloyd was s**t in the wins imo

yeah im bashing him, but hes been droppable all year

just my opinion, nothing to do with the loss
Fair enough. But for who? Who is going to give us 25 disposals out of the back at 85% ? Campbell maybe ready for that next year. Not yet.

It's not happening. I don't know why people keep thinking it will. At best we can pluck a fringe KPD. MSD or end of year, for what we really should have looked at over the last couple.
My theory is WCE will / need to do, a full reset. Anyone over 25 should be on the table. If I were their GM I'd do it.
We may finish about 6th though, making our pick not that attractive, but if he wants to play finals footy again and a crack at a flag we'd be ideal.

Fair enough. But for who? Who is going to give us 25 disposals out of the back at 85% ? Campbell maybe ready for that next year. Not yet.

and thats a key question unfortunately, agree there
Either drop him to get form and shuffle others around i guess

or move him up the ground keep florent back off half back
think lloyd on a wing could be better

I dont think his efficiency reflects reality so i dont rate the 25 touches anyway, we have mid depth , so shuffle there i guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are going for a KPD in the draft we need them to develop them from scratch and probably not play seniors for the first 3 years. Even the best got stints in the 2s to develop. Gonna be one long investment and KPDs arent on the market easily. Dont think West Coast will give away Barass or McGovern easily in their potential fire sale. Not gonna be easy.

Why do we need someone to do that? Why can't they share the load?

And even if we do need someone to do that, in the better teams it's players that use the ball aggressively, not players that pretty much exclusively slow the game down and chip it.

Short, Vlastuin, Salem, Dale, Rich, Hodge, Birchall. These are the players the great sides of recent times that are playing/played the role that you mention. Look at how they use(d) the football compared to how Lloyd uses the football. Almost incomparable.

I think stats can be useful and show trends that you don't notice, because the flashier types stick in your memory.

But Lloyd was poor again. He's copping a some dumb role-related criticism, because it's news to anyone who has followed us for years, that he's never been a one-on-one defender. Still, his disposals aren't helping us atm, and that's his role.

If we are going for a KPD in the draft we need them to develop them from scratch and probably not play seniors for the first 3 years. Even the best got stints in the 2s to develop. Gonna be one long investment and KPDs arent on the market easily. Dont think West Coast will give away Barass or McGovern easily in their potential fire sale. Not gonna be easy.
Gould has to be given a try.

Go after Oscar Allen imo

My theory is WCE will / need to do, a full reset. Anyone over 25 should be on the table. If I were their GM I'd do it.
We may finish about 6th though, making our pick not that attractive, but if he wants to play finals footy again and a crack at a flag we'd be ideal.
We can't win a bidding war. Barrass just re-signed. McGovern not the type we need.

Need to trade our first next year for McGovern or Barrass, or another big A grade defender.
We can give it a crack next year if we land one.
McGovern is not the answer. He was poor the other night. Seems to be on his way down. It would be a shocking waste of a pick.

You do realise basically every kick in is considered an effective disposal
This is it.
2507c28effd5e253a816a7f495cdf598.jpg

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Has to play next week may not be ready but we have to try
For who? Paddy will be back. He's not a like for like on anyone we'd be losing or dropping. He's not going to play on gun small forwards that's for sure. COR the only potential one atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back