footywire
2023 round 09 team stats.jpg

Last 2 games @ SCG:

Round 9, 19 May 2018SCGSydney defeats Fremantle111-52J. Lloyd 41L. Franklin 3
J. Kennedy 3
Round 21, 12 Aug 2017SCGSydney defeats Fremantle143-39D. Hannebery 29
L. Parker 29
L. Franklin 4

so how many Fremantle players will be playing their first game @ SCG?

Very silently whispering that it's Papley's 150th game, so will refer to hairy biker post:
Fv5VRvtaQAE3JWx

The Bloods will have the first two scoring shots of the game, which will be goals => goal kicking yips gone :)

Gould had a good game in the forward line last week in VFL game - so a surprise move?
#AFLSwansFreo #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Bloods by 32 points

Milestone game... we'll get beaten... but it won't be by much, so we can keep claiming we've been uunlucky to lose so many close ones. More paper over the cracks

Let’s see a continuation of the first 3 quarters v Pies from last week. We more than matched the best team in the comp at the moment.

Hickey back is good as at least the mids will have a clue where the tap may go and some consistency from our ruckman. He will have a tough job today, 1st game back vs freo’s slack jawed yokel.

Errol was a game changer back on the wing and HFF, more of the same today please.

Looking for big games from our two best players.

Mills in the middle and Heeney forward. Our team is set up for these 2 to fire.

Heeney is had a terrible start to the year, as have most of our forwards.

Mills has been used to plug gaps. He is our best midfielder, play him in the midfield.

Yes we have been disappointed as members and fans over the past month or so. Perhaps even somewhat depressed for those of us who take this so seriously.

Yes we have been below our best. Well below even.

Yes we need to be harder at the contest and cleaner going into our F50 and more efficient when it comes to shots at goal.

But it is also important to remember that this is still a fairly young playing list. And one that is missing the commander of its defensive unit, it's best interceptor and it's up and coming key forward. That's a lot to ask of any team, let alone one as young as ours.

So now is not the time to abandon our guys. It is not the time to turn our backs on this group of young men. I am backing them in 100%, as I am sure all of you are too.

I truly believe that today is the start of a renewed battle through adversity. I think that today is when our young group begins to dig deep and demonstrate some real resilience. And whilst they are down for an eight count, I am tipping them to get up off the canvas and get right back into the fight. Not just for today's fight, but for many more to come.

Swans to win by plenty.

Last edited:
Eh I think we’ll lose. Our defence is decimated, midfield out of form and forward line dysfunctional. I was sure we’d beat GWS a couple of weeks ago. That game made me reappraise the season. We’re really not anywhere near as good as we thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great OP Game Day SwansProudly

Just want to get back into the winning mindset, last year we won all the close ones, this year its the opposite. Need the midfield to remember what is they're their for and our forwards to find some form.

Eh I think we’ll lose. Our defence is decimated, midfield out of form and forward line dysfunctional. I was sure we’d beat GWS a couple of weeks ago. That game made me reappraise the season. We’re really not anywhere near as good as we thought.
Don’t exactly need to be great to beat Freo at home..

Bring the effort we did last week and we piss it in

Don’t exactly need to be great to beat Freo at home..

Bring the effort we did last week and we piss it in
You still have to kick goals though, and we can’t really do that with any degree of consistency anymore. And at the other end, we’re pinning our hopes on Gould and Francis (though the latter will probably play forward where he can spray set shots all over the place along with the rest of them). And the midfield will try hard again with Parker and Gulden racking up possessions, while Freo just keeps picking up loose balls and waltzing into the 50 with a minimum of fuss.

It’s very strange how bad we are. Hard to believe we’ve regressed so much in such a short space of time. The injuries have been damaging, but they don’t quite explain the sorry state we find ourselves in. We seem to have entered the season unfit and with no particular structure.

It’s become so bad that now we have to praise the “effort”. Skills and structure seem to be a secondary concern. We’re behaving like a team at the start of a long rebuild, which is kinda tough to swallow after last year promised so much.

You still have to kick goals though, and we can’t really do that with any degree of consistency anymore. And at the other end, we’re pinning our hopes on Gould and Francis (though the latter will probably play forward where he can spray set shots all over the place along with the rest of them). And the midfield will try hard again with Parker and Gulden racking up possessions, while Freo just keeps picking up loose balls and waltzing into the 50 with a minimum of fuss.

It’s very strange how bad we are. Hard to believe we’ve regressed so much in such a short space of time. The injuries have been damaging, but they don’t quite explain the sorry state we find ourselves in. We seem to have entered the season unfit and with no particular structure.

It’s become so bad that now we have to praise the “effort”. Skills and structure seem to be a secondary concern. We’re behaving like a team at the start of a long rebuild, which is kinda tough to swallow after last year promised so much.

Yer the regression is a bit surreal everybody has gone backwards as a collective unit.

One of the most positive on here now turns

Don’t become negative like myself

He turned quite a few weeks ago. He has easily been the most relentlessly negative person here since at least the Geelong game. It’s been quite a turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back