Preview Round 1– GWS Giants vs Geelong, Saturday 21st March 2020, Giants Stadium, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a really strong side and it SHOULD account for the cats I would think. However, the 16 min quarters will slightly change the game, as if it is broken open (like it was in Q1 last night) there is just so much less time to even it out. As always, it will be about bringing intensity for the full 4 quarters.

On selection i think Hately is incredibly stiff to miss. It looked a near faultless preseason from him. I would have him in over Lloyd.

I like shaw off the bench. I think he is still best 22 but i think it is a subtle way of naming that his spot is not guaranteed.

Cumming in :thumbsu:
Whitfield on the wing
Shaw on the bench

Lloyd on other wing

Not sure if Corr or Haynes would take Ablett but he’s named on the bench but doubt start there

Cummings has a crack with Ash waiting to pounce

Expect some changes from the bench to starting line up prior to the game in the final teams

Teams are in, on my phone so cut post

Now im excited for some footy !!
Strrrrong team

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's a seriously strong side.

Hately terribly stiff to miss but big fan of Lloyd (highly underrated) so no real complaints.

Heater's going to have to fight for his spot it seems.
Hateley is stiff

But how good to have to fight for spots. Rare at the giants

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. 1916 - what a year

Fitzroy then beat Carlton in the preliminary final
Fitzroy then beat Carlton again a week later in the Grand final

(Don’t quite understand the need for a prelim, but there you go)

It's because the minor premier had the right to challenge if anyone other than the minor premier won in week 3.

We really need a good start. With the current crazy and uncertain times, the competition format could change on a dime (e.g. going from 17 rounds to 12 rounds with no notice) so more important than ever to get early wins on the board.

Agree with others in Hately being stiff. On pre season form, I thought he would have had one of the wing spots tied down.

Looking forward to the game and it will be a welcome distraction from things going on

Hoping the guys who are not locks in the best 22 perform in front of an empty stadium as several players are ready to come in if any falter

I am surprised that Green gets a rd 1 debut although his performances in pre season were good I think sometimes the opposition are not 100% in those games but tonight will show how he stands up

It will be interesting to see how Geelong motivate for this game as I feel the Dogs were not switched on last night and if that is to do with the global situation or the training they have had as last year they had a great back half of the season whereas the Pies looked to be in top 4 form

It's because the minor premier had the right to challenge if anyone other than the minor premier won in week 3.

So in effect it wasn’t actually a prelim it was a grand final, but because Carlton lost, they were given a second chance. If Carlton had won that would have been it: end of season: engrave the trophy. Bizarre.

But, still no asterisk.

The 21,130 people who were in attendance saw Fitzroy crowned and the history books dutifully recorded it. If this season is shorter than usual, it’s still a season and there should be no asterisks, whoever win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh, loved that tackle from Mummy. And the outrage from Cats fans, and then the slo mos that showed it was a perfect front on tackle.
Hope they bring almost finals intensity and play a ruthless brand of footy and make a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back