Autopsy Round 1 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Sunday 25th March 2018, UNSW Oval, 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

GIANTS v Western Bulldogs

Sunday, March 25 1.10pm, UNSW Canberra Oval

FB: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Sam Reid

HB: Aidan Corr, Nick Haynes, Adam Tomlinson

C: Lachie Whitfield, Stephen Coniglio, Jeremy Finlayson

HF: Toby Greene, Jeremy Cameron, Tim Taranto

FF: Matt de Boer, Harry Himmelberg, Josh Kelly

R: Jonathon Patton, Dylan Shiel, Callan Ward

Interchange (from): Dawson Simpson, Nick Shipley, Aiden Bonar, Rory Lobb, Brett Deledio, Daniel Lloyd, Lachlan Keeffe, Zac Langdon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Patton in the ruck:eek:

Interchange Simpson or Lobb - leaving it to the very last minute

Obviously Shipley and Bonar are being rewarded for a good pre-season with a mention. Leaving 2 of Lids Lloyd & Keefe

Yay TOJ:):):):):)

Not sure about Reid in the back pocket.

$89 for 3 game GA membership yet $25 Hill /$32 Goal for GA at the ground. That’s pathetic marketing. I want to go as I’m starved of Footy in the ACT but paying $32 for the worst seat at what is a s**t venue and not my club doesn’t entice me.
Meh. Buy a membership and get the benefits of a reasonable seat at a good price. Does not make you a Non-Port supporter. Plenty oppo supporters do it.

Patton is second ruck ... just have not decided between Dawson & Rory as first ruck. One of those plus Keefe, Bonar & Shipley (neither acknowledged as debutants) to miss.
That's how I read it also, Reid down back made me think the AFL had made a mistake until I read the club email :)

Thats still a strong team to be fielding with those outs. I actually like the inclusion of role players like reid and MDB into the 22. They do the hard things we need. Im excited to see this "new brand" that was spoken about during the week which is apparently more finals friendly. I do think we need to push for that 2016 forward line success where were were right up there in terms of top scoring teams again if we are to move forward, but at the same time don't want us to try to copy the richmond method. We need our own brand which is perhaps acompromise of all things I have mentioned.

At the end of the day, whatever brand we show on sunday will develop over the course of the year anyway but im excited all the same

I will wait till the final 22 are confirmed but the surprises for me are no Perryman and the inclusion of Reid
The bulldogs strength is in the middle so that will be a battle and i would think the midfield depth for the Giants will be where the game is won
I am not expecting too much of Deledio 10-15 touches and a good run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will wait till the final 22 are confirmed but the surprises for me are no Perryman and the inclusion of Reid
The bulldogs strength is in the middle so that will be a battle and i would think the midfield depth for the Giants will be where the game is won
I am not expecting too much of Deledio 10-15 touches and a good run
Perryman out was pretty much expected given the preseason games.

Reid in is a surprise, but I'll withhold my judgement for the moment.

guys what are your thoughts on taranto? Will he have more midfield time this year compared to the fwd line

Final team

GIANTS v Western Bulldogs

Sunday, March 25 1.10pm, UNSW Canberra Oval

FB: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Sam Reid

HB: Aidan Corr, Nick Haynes, Adam Tomlinson

C: Lachie Whitfield, Stephen Coniglio, Jeremy Finlayson

HF: Toby Greene, Jeremy Cameron, Tim Taranto

FF: Matt de Boer, Harry Himmelberg, Josh Kelly

R: Jonathon Patton, Dylan Shiel, Callan Ward

Interchange (from): Rory Lobb, Brett Deledio, Daniel Lloyd, Zac Langdon

Team of Giants, 9 players above 193 cm so I would think Tomlinson and TOJ will spend time on the wing/midfield and Reid being named in a back pocket will be interesting to see if he actually plays there and how he goes
Hopefully all the talks is just an experiment and forced through player unavailability as a very good team could exploit
Hoping for a good contest and some of the players showing signs of what they are capable of
2 debutants for the Doggies in Naughton and Gowers and they have a 2 gamer second ruck in English and what looks to be a small forward line

Team of Giants, 9 players above 193 cm so I would think Tomlinson and TOJ will spend time on the wing/midfield and Reid being named in a back pocket will be interesting to see if he actually plays there and how he goes
Hopefully all the talks is just an experiment and forced through player unavailability as a very good team could exploit
Hoping for a good contest and some of the players showing signs of what they are capable of
2 debutants for the Doggies in Naughton and Gowers and they have a 2 gamer second ruck in English and what looks to be a small forward line
Isnt Wood a defender yet he is their fwd?

Their board is exploding over some of the inclusions.

Gents apologies for the supercoach question but is Tom Taranto worth a crack? Hopeing for a 90 average, too much?

Isnt Wood a defender yet he is their fwd?

Their board is exploding over some of the inclusions.

I think it will be a challenge for the Dogs to make the finals this year as they do have many talented players and the Bont but they would need a lot to go right for them in terms of injuries and form of players.
A midfield of Libba, Wallis, Bont, Macrae, Hunter, Dahlhaus all in form could tear sides apart and the forward/mids and depth is promising

Gents apologies for the supercoach question but is Tom Taranto worth a crack? Hopeing for a 90 average, too much?

I still see him as a forward mid as the club doesn't tend to rush players in and as a second year he could be rested for a few games later on in the season

Genuine question guys, do you guys rate Sam Reid? Because as he is a former Doggie, and granted he’s has many injuries in his career to date, I’m flabbergasted that he’s still on your list. Couldn’t see him as best 40 let alone best 22. Just my opinion, but what do you guys think? Has he got pics of your coach or something?

Genuine question guys, do you guys rate Sam Reid? Because as he is a former Doggie, and granted he’s has many injuries in his career to date, I’m flabbergasted that he’s still on your list. Couldn’t see him as best 40 let alone best 22. Just my opinion, but what do you guys think? Has he got pics of your coach or something?

Well he’s no Sam Schulz (who’s negatives in a brown paper envelope we’re legendary) that’s for sure.

And “still” on our list is a bit of a misleader. He wasn’t on our list for two years while he was a development coach, but showed enough both on and off field in our reserves to warrant being re-rookied- and then re-rookied again - and then re-rookied for a third time.

A great clubman and a solid, if not spectacular, contributor.

I am surprised he’s been named this week as I thought his JLT was a little underwhelming compared to others - but I’m not surprised he’s “still” on the list.

Well he’s no Sam Schulz (who’s negatives in a brown paper envelope we’re legendary) that’s for sure.

And “still” on our list is a bit of a misleader. He wasn’t on our list for two years while he was a development coach, but showed enough both on and off field in our reserves to warrant being re-rookied- and then re-rookied again - and then re-rookied for a third time.

A great clubman and a solid, if not spectacular, contributor.

I am surprised he’s been named this week as I thought his JLT was a little underwhelming compared to others - but I’m not surprised he’s “still” on the list.

Role player is the way I’d describe him. He was very serviceable early last year until he got injured and MDB came in and and made that small pressure forward role his own.

With Lloyd, MDB & Reid in the side who have traditionally played that defensive small forward side it will be interesting to see how we structure up. Forwards (Greene, Langdon, himmelberg, Cameron & Patton plus resting mid) there is only really room for one of them and backs (Corr, Shaw, Tomlinson, Davis, Haynes, Whitfield, finlayson, Deledio (?)) looking stocked maybe one or both of MDB & Reid could spend time in the midfield. Reid did a great job on Zorko last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back