AFLW Autopsy Round 1 • Swans v Saints • Saturday 27 August 2022 • 5:10 PM • North Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Bec Privitelli with a free kick and makes no mistake with the shot on goal. She writes her name down in the history books as our team’s first goal kicker!

This is great! Lochland killing it in tight. Ham smashed that saints girl. Cynthia Hamilton a goer. Morphett looks good - might be the second best ruck in the club ATM after the rubbish the VFL rucks dished up........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people think it's bad form to compare our girls to the guys? Because Chamilton is our AFLW equivalent of Papley.

I saw one of the women get the ball at the centre clearance, run around the back of the pack and hack the ball forward and I immediately thought "the womens team have found their Luke Parker"

Great first quarter from our girls. Lochland in and under so tough and a good extractor. Kennedy competitive on a wing. Ham looks threatening. Hamilton just waiting to tear this game apart. Morphett looks very competitive in the ruck. Our transition from the kick ins excellent through the corridor. Not sure who is taking the kick ins but she's very precise.

But the most pleading aspect is we are playing the Sydney brand. Tough at the contest and playing with heart. I'd say we have exceeded expectations for a brand new team.

Well considering how nervous they would have been, I think we did quite well in the first quarter. Plenty of F50 entries but just as we can be critical of the men, the entries were pretty poorly directed. Midfield looks strong and positioning down back was good.

C Hamilton is feisty as * but I can see her getting rubbed out by kamikazeing into a pack. Don't want her to change a thing though.

Great first quarter from our girls. Lochland in and under so tough and a good extractor. Kennedy competitive on a wing. Ham looks threatening. Hamilton just waiting to tear this game apart. Morphett looks very competitive in the ruck. Our transition from the kick ins excellent through the corridor. Not sure who is taking the kick ins but she's very precise.

But the most pleading aspect is we are playing the Sydney brand. Tough at the contest and playing with heart. I'd say we have exceeded expectations for a brand new team.

I think it helps that the womens competition isn't as full time as the mens. So a player who has been in the competition for 5 years does not have years and years of being in the gym for hours every day. It means those players have less of an advantage over newer players like you get in the mens game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back