Strategy Round 1, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice team-
my only concerns are Blease and Bail with a little question beside Jordie
Blease- undoubted talent, lots of speed, but cannot find the pill. Even again Geelong and Richmond where the team had 400 odd possessions- he had half a dozen- this is not new for him

I reckon Roos is going to give him every chance this year in order to find out whether the kids got what it takes.

I also reckon (sadly) that he'll keep having too many low possession/non-impact games and we'll trade him out at year end for the right deal.

I reckon Roos is going to give him every chance this year in order to find out whether the kids got what it takes.

I also reckon (sadly) that he'll keep having too many low possession/non-impact games and we'll trade him out at year end for the right deal.
I don't think Blease is the only one . I suspect players that can't or don't fit in with the new game plan will be looking for a new home at the end of the season.

That goes for Watts too. In Fact, I thought you were talking about Watts and liked the post, realized you weren't talking about Jack and unliked it. haha! awkward!

Just wanted to gloat a little, Guess who's in a corporate Box on Sat night? :D Fully catered luxury, it's awesome when contacts come through!

See yas there!!! Look for a Demonic feral in a corporate box giving it to the Saints Flogs, it'll be me pissed outta my brains making a complete dick of myself! ;)

Last edited:
Just wanted to gloat a little, Guess who's in a corporate Box on Sat night? :D Fully catered luxury, it's awesome when contacts come through!

See yas there!!! Look for a Demonic feral in a corporate box giving it to the Saints Flogs, it'll be me pissed outta my brains making a complete dick of myself! ;)
Only been in a corporate box once but they're only any good when they're catered. If they're not, you might as well just be watching the game from home since you're completely deprived of the atmosphere.

ZpOm51n.png

I like the look of our midfield, I like the look of the saints midfield even better
Gilbert named on the bench so you'd think maybe it's touch and go for him

ZpOm51n.png

I like the look of our midfield, I like the look of the saints midfield even better
Gilbert named on the bench so you'd think maybe it's touch and go for him

Soooooooooooo, Matt Jones is playing as the sub? Or do we think they will go with the JKH option, I think Viv has earned a spot in the team over Rohan Bail but maybe they think Bail is more of a chance of hitting the scoreboard

Soooooooooooo, Matt Jones is playing as the sub? Or do we think they will go with the JKH option, I think Viv has earned a spot in the team over Rohan Bail but maybe they think Bail is more of a chance of hitting the scoreboard
I'm thinking they'll go with JKH as sub, as much as I want to see him play 4 quarters, simply because he's a 1st year player. also could be the biggest impact player on the bench

I'm thinking they'll go with JKH as sub, as much as I want to see him play 4 quarters, simply because he's a 1st year player. also could be the biggest impact player on the bench

He is the only impact player on the bench , I would have preffered to see him play 4 as well

As in you like it because it's not a good one?
I'd say so. Armitage, Ray and Savage are the only really experienced guys there and they aren't exactly top shelf players.
Agree that JKH will be the sub. 1st year player, could have a big impact late. It's a pretty solid side bar the forward line.

As in you like it because it's not a good one?
correct. maybe just overconfidence on my part, but you'd think we should come out well on top in the midfield at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say so. Armitage, Ray and Savage are the only really experienced guys there and they aren't exactly top shelf players.
Agree that JKH will be the sub. 1st year player, could have a big impact late. It's a pretty solid side bar the forward line.

Jones and Geary as well. But yeah not the most fearsome midfield.

I normally hate the saints but I do feel some sympathy, its no fun having no midfield as we can atest

Out of all the games for Lenny and Joey to be suspended for :p Not to mention Jack sitting on the sidelines.

Good luck to your lads, here's to a good game and may the team with the most players standing at the end of the match win!

Out of all the games for Lenny and Joey to be suspended for :p Not to mention Jack sitting on the sidelines.

Good luck to your lads, here's to a good game and may the team with the most players standing at the end of the match win!

Thank god our respective round 1 games were against each other because the outs we both have would be verrrry ugly against other sides

Disagree. Can't see them starting JKH as the sub with our lack of forward options. Georgiou more likely, or possibly Matt Jones?

We're quite lucky that the Saints are missing their best 4 mids from last year (including Dal Santo).

Still a rather weak-looking Melbourne side. I thought Matt Jones, Bail, Byrnes and even Terlich would be pushed out pretty quickly this year, but they're all there. Spencer #1 ruck, Nicholson emergency.

I think it will be a tight tussle, with our new recuits (Vince, Tyson, Cross) to prove the difference. I also have some faith in Pedo coming good, looks in much better shape and HAS performed up forward in the past (in his North Melbourne days).

Demons by 8 points, despite a 12 mark and 7.0 haul from Mr Muster, of course.

I hope M.Jones will be the sub, would love to see JKH having a 4qtr run. many of you guys heading to the game?

I don't see why everyone thinks M. Jones deserves to be pushed out?

4th in our b&f last year and is a good no frills type player who accumulates the ball to give it to our better ball users. in the '05 Sydney side there were plenty of M. Jones type guys that Roos loves.

FWIW been reading the latest (we have no forwards blah blah) excuse. I just watched the Gee vs Ade side and noticed their lack of talls down forward.

Goal Stats:
Gee: Bartel 4, Brown 3, Selwood 2 Duncan, Hawkins, McIntosh, Caddy, Simpson, Enright, Murdoch, Stokes, Johnson
Ade: Johnston 3, Betts 2, Dangerfield 2, Grigg, Smith, Jacobs, McKernan, Jaensch
Out of that only Johnson, Hawkins & maybe Mitch Brown are KPFs.

Also note if you tried to guess either sides main goal scorer before the game you may have wrongly selected Hawkins for cats and Pods for the crows... between them managed 1 goal.

Goals scorers: KPF: 7, Midfield, 15, S Fwds, 3 and Ruckman 4 and Def: 1
You could argue that Bartel was playing as a small forward but it's no different to us throwing a midfielder into attack to get a couple *Jack Watts i'm looking at you

If we win the midfield battle the goals will take care of themselves.
I agree. Get the ball in quickly things happen. We still have players in there capable of scoring. On SEN Harf said he would rather a midfield over a forward line. In fact I think most people would. Back 6 and midfield are both more important than forwards. As you say goals can take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back