Strategy Round 1, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're quite lucky that the Saints are missing their best 4 mids from last year (including Dal Santo).

Still a rather weak-looking Melbourne side. I thought Matt Jones, Bail, Byrnes and even Terlich would be pushed out pretty quickly this year, but they're all there. Spencer #1 ruck, Nicholson emergency.

I think it will be a tight tussle, with our new recuits (Vince, Tyson, Cross) to prove the difference. I also have some faith in Pedo coming good, looks in much better shape and HAS performed up forward in the past (in his North Melbourne days).

Demons by 8 points, despite a 12 mark and 7.0 haul from Mr Muster, of course.

Still dont understand the hate for terlich, but if you look out our side and consider the fact that Sylvia, Davey and Rodan all played significant game time last season plus there is no Viney or Salem then yeah your C graders are gonna get a run this year and hopefully a couple improve

Disagree. Can't see them starting JKH as the sub with our lack of forward options. Georgiou more likely, or possibly Matt Jones?

Cant be georgiou, when was the last time a Key Defender was sub, Id put my money on JKH, he is the only explosive one there

Definitely down to jones or JKH. Hopefully for my DT sake it's not Michie :)

I think the sub is a good idea because I like the low rotation numbers but how horrible would It be to make your debut as a sub , your half praying someone tweaks a hammy and has to rest after quarter time so your in and then if you come on an the games already won or lost part of the enjoyment is gone

Still dont understand the hate for terlich, but if you look out our side and consider the fact that Sylvia, Davey and Rodan all played significant game time last season plus there is no Viney or Salem then yeah your C graders are gonna get a run this year and hopefully a couple improve

Exactly.

They'll go out of the team when more talented young guys like Viney and Salem push them out/get fit, etc.

That'll take a couple of years - but I think we'll at least be heading in a good direction.

It's good that a high pick isn't rushed in the team. I still remember in 04 John Barnes on fox footy complaining that Melbourne weren't selecting his mate Brock McLean. I think it was when Sylvia got the nod first. Good times.

As for JKH if the game is in the balance, hopefully he comes on in the last quarter and tears it up and take the game away from the saints.

Having said that I'm hoping that we have the game sewen up by then.

JKH will be the sub. Byrnes and Bail will be our small forwards, I doubt we would run 3 players in that role from the start. Also Roosy will still consider it important to to ease guys into the system.

Exactly.

They'll go out of the team when more talented young guys like Viney and Salem push them out/get fit, etc.

That'll take a couple of years - but I think we'll at least be heading in a good direction.

Unless ( think this Is the first time this is mentioned) Paul Roos can somehow get the best out of Strauss , Blease and Tapscott then we haven't added to the midfield depth at all we have just improved the top end

Jones
Vince
Tyson
Trengove
Viney
Cross

Michie
Jones
Grimes
Terlich
Bail
Toumpas
Watts
Mckenzie
Blease
Tapscott
Strauss
Evans
Nicholson

Salem
JKH

To me the top 6 are our quality midfielders and the next group is the depth

M.Jones and Grimes are the best of the depth while
Michie toumpas watts all have the potential to move up but until they have played 30-40 games there are still depth

Salem and JKH are your X factors who aren't ready yet along with Barry and Hunt who aren't ready , apologies if I forgot anyone

I reckon M Jones will be sub.

Terlich is a gun. His ability to hit a target and his disposal efficiency from a 50m kick is exceptional. Should be our #1 kick out option.

Terlich is a gun. His ability to hit a target and his disposal efficiency from a 50m kick is exceptional. Should be our #1 kick out option.

He is a gun, anyone who bags him is a dolt.

I wouldn't have them as his best attributes more his attitude , never once dropped his head after a mistake just goes twice as hard to fix it and Is in the top few picked for mine each week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have them as his best attributes more his attitude , never once dropped his head after a mistake just goes twice as hard to fix it and Is in the top few picked for mine each week
This. His disposal isn't that great, and he needs to work a bit more on shutting down an opponent, but his work rate is great. I think he'll become a good-very good player for us.

Hey lads,

Heading to the medallion club on Sat night because it was free. What might one wear there? The more casual the better.

He is a gun, anyone who bags him is a dolt.

Really? Terlich a gun? Maybe our definitions of what a 'gun' is differ but he's not even in the Top 200-300 players in the league.

Really? Terlich a gun? Maybe our definitions of what a 'gun' is differ but he's not even in the Top 200-300 players in the league.

Neither is 99% of our team , the point is atleast Terlich can be relied upon to give his all no matter what

Hey lads,

Heading to the medallion club on Sat night because it was free. What might one wear there? The more casual the better.

Its fairly casual in there mate - I cant find a dress code on the net, but I do remember being challenged on a pair of pretty old sneakers I wore there once.

Jeans, polo shirt and a decent pair of shoes should be fine.

I dont think calling him a gun and calling him a superstar are the same thing at all though
I guess it depends on your terminology, for me

Superstar: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell etc etc...
Gun: Nathan Jones, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Dale Thomas etc etc.

Terlich is a foot soldier at best.

Its fairly casual in there mate - I cant find a dress code on the net, but I do remember being challenged on a pair of pretty old sneakers I wore there once.

Jeans, polo shirt and a decent pair of shoes should be fine.

Perfect, I was thinking jeans and a shirt would be plenty. Like MCC rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back