Strategy Round 1, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a pretty disappointing result. In my opinion it was a 50/50 contest on paper and played out that way for most of the night. St. Kilda deserved their win but in games like this the little things that don't go your way (missed shots, injuries, crucial fumbles) add up. We easily could have won this. Bring on Round 2.

Roos was spot on in his press conference tbh. Hopefully we'll do better next week. Join me. I'll be at the 'G screaming my lungs out in a Melbourne polo. * all those people who jump off after ONE game. I'm a demon, through and through! :)

205cn4n.jpg

All you would have to do is subtly tweak the text each week.

Except perhaps for the last 3 panels.

Those panels perfectly describe it, when we kicked the first 2 I really thought we were gonna run away, then the saints hit the front and I thought uggghhhh here we go and then it just all collapsed into the fetal position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after the first couple of rounds, here is my 100% best scenario case team going forward:

(Please humour me; hypothetical best 22s make me slightly less down.)

EDIT: Props to the very talented Gysenn for the best 22 template.

Mitch Clark is gone gone,but am i delerious or or does that 22 look good

its not a bad team at all, if you take jamar at his prime. no depth though and we'll never get that best 22 on the park at the same time

It certainly does look good. I'd like to see Kent in for Matt Jones, I think Dean will prove himself in the forward pocket and that forward line is too tall.

May as well start discounting Clark now though, so perhaps Watts goes forward and Jones come back in.

its not a bad team at all, if you take jamar at his prime. no depth though and we'll never get that best 22 on the park at the same time
It certainly does look good. I'd like to see Kent in for Matt Jones, I think Dean will prove himself in the forward pocket and that forward line is too tall.

May as well start discounting Clark now though, so perhaps Watts goes forward and Jones come back in.

So in that case , 8 of that 22 are missing from the team named against GWS and Viney and JKH are really playing there first full games
Add to that Watts , Howe, Grimes and Frawley have been well below there best apart from Watts against StKilda and you can see why we were so pitiful

So after the first couple of rounds, here is my 100% best scenario case team going forward:

(Please humour me; hypothetical best 22s make me slightly less down.)

EDIT: Props to the very talented Gysenn for the best 22 template.
It's tragic how good this side could be if everyone was fit and Watts, Trengove, Howe and Toumpas were playing to their potential. If that side is as good as it could be you can throw in a Kent or Blease type (or even Tapscott) who can then be your genuine X-factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back