Game Day Round 1, 2017: Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surley they should have had a look at it as it was close. Some of the ones they review are obvious, that one gets let go. They have said they review all goals, but this one gets missed?

Thought straight away he had not touched it, was gobsmacked there was no review.

Rioli, Gunston, Breust and Puopolo have done sweet FA.

Duryea and Shoe are not up to it.

Langford is a workhorse, but he still kills us by foot

Langford needs to become the new Daniel CRoss. Just handball to blokes who can kick it. And by handball, I mean to them not their feet.

We don't deserve to win this game and we won't. Got done by a bunch of players who would have the fitness base of an amateur.

They had heart. We lacked it.
I don't like our game plan/they way were structure up. I don't like the way we use the ball into our f50. I don't like how we get opened up consistently by lateral movement, yet can't do it ourselves. I don't like how s**t our rucking is.
That has nothing to do with heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been some shocking decisions tonight but don't think they would have made a difference. Tonight has been a total reality check for this mob. Whether it's lack of cohesion or pace or both, we have been totally subpar.

Will reserve my judgement and avoid making any knee-jerk reactions as it's only round 1, but I reckon we could be in for a long year.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Can't get the ball.
Aren't you a ray of sunshine to have around
i call it as it is...truth just hurts for some...all I've read all pre-season is how this team isn't cooked. Great young players under 23 coming through blah blah blah...the fact Kade Stewart and Teie Miles weren't selected is disgraceful. They select Taylor duryea, billy Hartung and will Langford instead....
Stewart
Miles
Hardwick
Lovell
Brand
Hearherly
All need to play 10+ games this season.

They had no chance to. Essendon brought it straight back in, instead of having a break innplay to review while the ball comes back to the middle.

And it was called a behind, not a goal. Do they review all behinds??

The umpires have the ability to overrule that and call for the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back