Autopsy Round 1, 2017: Ess v Haw, **Ess supporters read the OP** Ban Hammer will be wielded with impunity

Remove this Banner Ad

Dissect away.

Don't eat our own.

Edit:

Essendon supporters, this is not your board.

The discussion here isn't meant to please you.

The comments about drugs are not going to please you.

The responses you get are not going to please you.

Is this sinking in yet?

Unless you want to discuss the game, do not post.

We've had it with all the re-imagining of the bans and the reasons for them.

If you're offended by Hawthorn supporters making drug references bigfooty club boards are not going to be a great place for you for some time, so either ignore it or leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone else blocking Essendon supporter friends numbers right now?
If I didn't and kept watching this game I'd have no mates and no roommate by tomorrow. **** this right off.
Just say "At least we're not drug cheats" and hang up.

Thank * I took the $2.43 after the Port JLT game.
Although the scum drifted to $3.05 tonight.
$243 very small comfort, but a stiff realisation we are rebuilding!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing poorer than that effort was the umpiring. Liked Henderson hope he stays in the team for a while. Mitchell played well in the first half too.

Last edited:
Midfield need more time to gel. Good signs from Hendo and TV. Gunners had one to forget.

Hopefully cobwebs are blown off now and we are in the up. I do have to admit, I feel more comfortable with the General in defense. Let's see him back next week to help control things back there.

Our forwards were not great tonight. I had high hopes of kicking a back with Cyril, Broost, Gunners, Roughnut, TV and Poppy, it wasn't to be.

Defence looking collectively cooked, and that's with Gibbo, Burgoyne & Hodge yet to retire. Midfield really lacking class.

What I'm most upset about is trading this years 1st round pick.

You could've used a Sammy Mitchell/Lewis type out there tonight

Actually, tonight proved Clarko right.
He knows this list can't win another flag and is in full rebuilding mode.
Why not get Mitchell and JOM to 100 games in his system as quick as possible. And that isn't helped if they stayed.
Tonight vindicates the decision.

Not game to name names, we know who played poorly and who played well. What annoyed me is the way nothing seems to have changed from last year. So often we seem to have less guys at the contest AND less guys on the spread. So where are our guys? How often tonight did Essendon have blokes well out in space?? It's exactly like the way we were last year.

I'd take it if we had tried to do something different and lost that way, but it was pretty much rinse and repeat of our last 5 games last year.

Only positives, O'meara will be better for the run, Mitchell's first half was very very good, Roughie is back and looks fit and firing, and Cyril can't play worse than that.

We are cooked our older players look slow and disinterested I'm dredding the season ahead tbh could see us down there with Carlton and Brisbane and we've sold the farm with draft picks for the next few years too .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back