Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't want him in the team quite yet as he needs to spend time in the NEAFL to learn how to find the ball more but I would love to see him in the team at some point in 2018 though as he looks like a real talent.
Agree 100%. He's got a lot to offer but I'm not sure HBF or even BP is his natural spot just yet. Horse played him mainly on the wing. His disposal is damned good and he could potentially give us better quality entries. IMO he hasn't done enough to dislodge the current smaller defenders (Smith, Mills, Jones, Newman, Lloyd, Macca, or possibly Fox) or wingers (Hannebery, Heeney, Cunningham). He will play this year if someone is injured or if he tears the NEAFL apart. That said I believe he will be a 200+ gamer for us.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd like to see Cameron get the call-up ahead of Sinclair. Why not throw a kid in against a ruck like Naitanui, albeit one below peak form. It'd be a good learning experience for him in his first game.

I don't quite see the reasoning there tbh. Cameron likely wouldn't win many tap outs, could get flogged around the ground too - confidence shattered. Sinkers might not win many taps either but he well knows how to put his body about and impact the game, and his confidence wouldn't be dented. The only conundrum for me is do we take AA as ruck/tall security or just go with Towers to pinch hit.
Perhaps AA is listed as emergency if Reg is fit.
There's got to be a better match up for Cameron as a first gamer....

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Agree 100%. He's got a lot to offer but I'm not sure HBF or even BP is his natural spot just yet. Horse played him mainly on the wing. His disposal is damned good and he could potentially give us better quality entries. IMO he hasn't done enough to dislodge the current smaller defenders (Smith, Mills, Jones, Newman, Lloyd, Macca, or possibly Fox) or wingers (Hannebery, Heeney, Cunningham). He will play this year if someone is injured or if he tears the NEAFL apart. That said I believe he will be a 200+ gamer for us.

Macca and Hanners aren't fit for a start.
I definitely like Jones back there for speed. and Fox must be very close to being named as he's played well preseason.
In any case Stoddart is very close to being named if the smoke signals are anything to go by. If Lloyd isn't fit I'd expect him to play for sure.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Your point absolutely makes sense. I can remember hesitation around Hayward this time last year as well. Sometimes the best development will be in the Seniors, a bit like a kid who is too smart for his or her own year level at school and they accelerate them. Stoddart has shown something early. His tank might let him down during moments in games but those skills will develop much better amongst elite players, not NEAFL hackers. It will be interesting to see if we do go with him. Whilst a bit more meat on his bones would not hurt, if he can continue to build on what he has delivered at the moment, who knows what we have on our hands. We can be a bit conservative sometimes, he is a risk worth taking in my view.
Not sure we have been all that conservative. We have blooded (pun intended) quite a few over the last 3 years. Many have been successful, some not so much. I reckon every player knows what they need to do to play seniors. He will be no exception. In recent times Papley and Hayward went out and absolutely ripped it. We expected it from Heeney and Mills but not these guys. Florent has been slower in his build up and arguably isn't there yet. This happens in footy clubs. The AFL is a very tough arena. All of that said I believe we have a gem in Stoddart. Maybe it's just a bit early yet. We'll see.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd like to see Cameron get the call-up ahead of Sinclair. Why not throw a kid in against a ruck like Naitanui, albeit one below peak form. It'd be a good learning experience for him in his first game.
Cameron missed almost the whole season last year with a dodgy shoulder. If fit Sinclair is the better ruck and better around the ground. Nolo contendre. Can't see Sinkers getting through a whole season rucking. Cameron will get his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back