Unofficial Preview Round 1 2018 away to West Coast 7:10pm Sunday March 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Mrs Mac's pies. Can be difficult to find here in Melbourne which is dominated by four n' twenty and 7/11 & Coles home brand pies.

Go Swans
If you come over for the game I’ll take you to the factory* Buy yourself a pallet of them.

*factory may or may not be code word for my dungeon.

Im at the stadium most weeks for work, Its going to be massive. Its been pumped up over here for what seems like an eternity.

The light shows are amazing and the seating is perfect. But the best thing of all is we can all enjoy a MRS MACS pie while watching the footy.

The G.O.A.T meat pie

Im going for the pie first and the swans secondary. For those heading over, If you want to enjoy a meat pie with miggs just PM me with your preferred time and pie option and i can arrange an appropriate time slot. I have outlined below my top 3 Mrs Macs pies

3:

Coming in at number 3 is the classic, original and some say still the best "Famous Beef Pie"

This little beauty is filled with rich flavorsome gravy, just the right amount of seasoning and a fair helping of delicious tender beef mince.
The only thing holding this back from a higher spot is the "fill up factor" as 1 isnt enough and 2 is just overkill. A must try for anyone visiting the stadium (or perth in general)

9(2).jpg

2:

Coming in as runner up is the largest pie in the Mrs Macs range, The "big country pie"

This colossus of a meat pie is substantially larger than the other offerings from the mac. Once again filled with deliciously tender beef mince (and possibly hog anuses and trotters) smothered in rich beef gravy with just the right amount of seasoning. Covered in a delicious but somewhat sweet golden crunchy pastry. This is best teamed up with some Heinz Ketchup and some Sparkling Cola. This readers go to choice of beverages is usually Coca Colas 2017 offering as it provides just the right amount of fizz to flavor ratio. Which makes the mince in the pie really come to life on the palate

medias

1:

And here we have ladies and gentlemen (and bedford) The reigning champion, The number 1 pie to fill Miggs' freezer all year round and a staple every time I visit canteens across Perth. The Mrs Macs "Steak and Cheese"

Boy of boy, what an absolute pearler of a pie. With the trademark Mrs Macs crispy golden pastry encasing the real star of the show inside. The glorious gravy which is thicker than any other Mrs Macs pie, Smothered over delicious tender chunks of beef steak (not mince so less anuses and hoofs), slow cooked to melt in the mouth. Topped off with a wonderfully creamy cheese sauce, That wouldnt be out of place on top of the finest lasagnas served in the greatest restaurants around the world. This pie tastes like it was freshly prepared by a 5 star chef every time it comes out of the pie warmer (Despite it being served by an angry middle aged divorcee with the smell of cigarettes and disappointment on her breath) You will be taken away for a fleeting moment as you wrap your mouth around this absolute cracker of a pie. You will think you've died and gone to savoury heaven. As always accompany with Cokes 2017 offering and you will find yourself hard pressed to actually eat anything else ever again.

Cheese-200gx12-Mrs-Macs-S-MSM850104.jpg

Honorable mentions go to following. All great pies in their own right but with so many delicious offerings there can only a select few atop the mountain.

• Chilli Beef and Cheese.
  • Pepper Steak
  • Beef Cheese and Bacon

If you have any questions or comments you would like to make, Please email me at

miggsneedsalife@pielovers.com.au
Pies...

You surprise me more every day Miggsy.

You complete me.

Im at the stadium most weeks for work, Its going to be massive. Its been pumped up over here for what seems like an eternity.

The light shows are amazing and the seating is perfect. But the best thing of all is we can all enjoy a MRS MACS pie while watching the footy.

The G.O.A.T meat pie

Im going for the pie first and the swans secondary. For those heading over, If you want to enjoy a meat pie with miggs just PM me with your preferred time and pie option and i can arrange an appropriate time slot. I have outlined below my top 3 Mrs Macs pies

3:

Coming in at number 3 is the classic, original and some say still the best "Famous Beef Pie"

This little beauty is filled with rich flavorsome gravy, just the right amount of seasoning and a fair helping of delicious tender beef mince.
The only thing holding this back from a higher spot is the "fill up factor" as 1 isnt enough and 2 is just overkill. A must try for anyone visiting the stadium (or perth in general)

9(2).jpg

2:

Coming in as runner up is the largest pie in the Mrs Macs range, The "big country pie"

This colossus of a meat pie is substantially larger than the other offerings from the mac. Once again filled with deliciously tender beef mince (and possibly hog anuses and trotters) smothered in rich beef gravy with just the right amount of seasoning. Covered in a delicious but somewhat sweet golden crunchy pastry. This is best teamed up with some Heinz Ketchup and some Sparkling Cola. This readers go to choice of beverages is usually Coca Colas 2017 offering as it provides just the right amount of fizz to flavor ratio. Which makes the mince in the pie really come to life on the palate

medias

1:

And here we have ladies and gentlemen (and bedford) The reigning champion, The number 1 pie to fill Miggs' freezer all year round and a staple every time I visit canteens across Perth. The Mrs Macs "Steak and Cheese"

Boy of boy, what an absolute pearler of a pie. With the trademark Mrs Macs crispy golden pastry encasing the real star of the show inside. The glorious gravy which is thicker than any other Mrs Macs pie, Smothered over delicious tender chunks of beef steak (not mince so less anuses and hoofs), slow cooked to melt in the mouth. Topped off with a wonderfully creamy cheese sauce, That wouldnt be out of place on top of the finest lasagnas served in the greatest restaurants around the world. This pie tastes like it was freshly prepared by a 5 star chef every time it comes out of the pie warmer (Despite it being served by an angry middle aged divorcee with the smell of cigarettes and disappointment on her breath) You will be taken away for a fleeting moment as you wrap your mouth around this absolute cracker of a pie. You will think you've died and gone to savoury heaven. As always accompany with Cokes 2017 offering and you will find yourself hard pressed to actually eat anything else ever again.

Honorable mentions go to following. All great pies in their own right but with so many delicious offerings there can only a select few atop the mountain.

• Pepper Steak
  • Beef Cheese and Bacon

If you have any questions or comments you would like to make, Please email me at

Great post miggs. Love a good pie at the footy. But what else is on offer? Do they have those offal kebabs, with the watered down hommus,and the tabouli which is all parsley, and dont forget the acres of lettuce, a few slivers of onion and some used by date slices of tomato, yum! With the coice of watered down sauces,all wrapped up in day old lebanese bread. Forget the coke, lets go with some name brand watery beer. Stadium food what a laugh!

The G.O.A.T meat pie

3:

9(2).jpg

2:

medias

1:

• Pepper Steak
  • Beef Cheese and Bacon

Wow!! I live on the NSW south coast and there are 6 places in the next town to me where I can buy. Will purchase for game day. https://www.mrsmacs.com.au/pie_locator

Great post miggs. Love a good pie at the footy. But what else is on offer? Do they have those offal kebabs, with the watered down hommus,and the tabouli which is all parsley, and dont forget the acres of lettuce, a few slivers of onion and some used by date slices of tomato, yum! With the coice of watered down sauces,all wrapped up in day old lebanese bread. Forget the coke, lets go with some name brand watery beer. Stadium food what a laugh!
Don’t forget the chicken roll and chips which consists of a regular sized chicken roll cut in half and a small pouch of chips. At twice the regular price of course.

Wow!! I live on the NSW south coast and there are 6 places in the next town to me where I can buy. Will purchase for game day. https://www.mrsmacs.com.au/pie_locator
Once purchased and consumed Please provide details.

Which pie.

Method of cooking.

Condiments accompanied.

Rating out of 5.

Would you recommend this pie to a friend.

Kind regards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't own anything of value but if I did.....

Don't take this the wrong way but if you marry me I will give you a house when you leave me.

I have form in that area.

If you come over for the game I’ll take you to the factory* Buy yourself a pallet of them.

*factory may or may not be code word for my dungeon.
Do Jesters pies still exist? Consumed my far share at Mosman Park over the years. Mrs Macs, like a bit a gristle with your gravy and pastry Miggs?

Will be making the trip west for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back