VFL Round 1, 2018: Sandringham v Footscray 2pm TBBO

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Lamb, Rice and the two Irish fellas go? (Not just food jokes please)
Tom Lamb is very flashy, okay at VFL but will never be AFL standard.
Joyce was standing T Boyd in rotation with Austin. Did his job but only VFL grade at this stage.
Did not see Connellan.
Rice was good but I don’t see a role for him in the ones.

Was at Frankston Dolphins game yesterday and must say Lewy Pierce had a good day v Leunburger and McKernan by himself.
Looked stuffed a couple of times in the 2nd half but on that performance I wouldnt be writing him off too soon.
Too a great pack mark in fwd50 in the first half and kicked it straight through the middle too.

Was at Frankston Dolphins game yesterday and must say Lewy Pierce had a good day v Leunburger and McKernan by himself.
Looked stuffed a couple of times in the 2nd half but on that performance I wouldnt be writing him off too soon.
Too a great pack mark in fwd50 in the first half and kicked it straight through the middle too.

Perhaps he like all humans he just wanted to feel needed again. Being the No 1 Ruckman rather behind Hickey & Holmes over the last couple of years would be tough. Lets hope he can have a breakout year and kick start his career.

We dont have to bring in like for like.
What the teams producing at senior level isnt working anyway.
I'd like to see them bring in both Lonie and Steele. Reward form. Wright out for 1 and maybe another tall for the other.
Go even smaller and when Membreys ready bring him straight back in for Bruce.

Does Sandringham still have development league? If not where did langlands play on the weekend and where do blokes play that miss out? Disappointed to see McKenzie had only 5 touches..

Does Sandringham still have development league? If not where did langlands play on the weekend and where do blokes play that miss out? Disappointed to see McKenzie had only 5 touches..
McKenzie copped a very bad knock and went off in an ambulance.

No development league anymore. Pierce played for Frankston. Not sure about Langlands.

No development league anymore, with the VFL listed players they are all linked to a local footy club eg couple from sandy are linked to Bonbeach I think.
But not sure what happens with the AFl listed players, are we sure he wasnt playing for Sandy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We dont have to bring in like for like.
What the teams producing at senior level isnt working anyway.
I'd like to see them bring in both Lonie and Steele. Reward form. Wright out for 1 and maybe another tall for the other.
Go even smaller and when Membreys ready bring him straight back in for Bruce.
Unfortunately Jack Lonie made a critical error on Saturday in Q2.
Cost the team a goal.
Hamill was unimpressed judging by his vociferous reaction.
Lonie needs to cut that crap out of his game before he is worthy of promotion.
If he had pulled the same stunt on Saturday night, this site would have melted with the reaction.
It is very disappointing that he is still pulling this garbage in his fourth year.
Steele I have no problem with: he did what was required.

Unfortunately Jack Lonie made a critical error on Saturday in Q2.
Cost the team a goal.
Hamill was unimpressed judging by his vociferous reaction.
Lonie needs to cut that crap out of his game before he is worthy of promotion.
If he had pulled the same stunt on Saturday night, this site would have melted with the reaction.
It is very disappointing that he is still pulling this garbage in his fourth year.
Steele I have no problem with: he did what was required.
What was the stunt Sunny?

Must have been pretty poor as it’s clearly take the gloss away from what sounded like a very impressive game against good VFL side.

I'd take that TBH!!! It'd at least give us something to be up and about with rather than all the gloom and doom ATM. [like the Saints reserves premiership did back in 61]

Yeah the Dogs started winning in the VFL before taking the next step in AFL. It means that depth and ability is improving and is often a good sign.

Where’s that Sydney fan who posted all the stats and SC scores for VFL?
From grimlock in the Casey Demons thread ...

"I'm working on a different method of getting the stats into the spreadsheet that will save me a lot of time and effort. However, it's quite buggy at the moment and might take more than a few days to sort out. So you might not get this week's stats this week, but from next week it should be okay."

Sorry to cut out just after half time.
I was at Can Hill end for the majority until Dan’s injury, then in front of the Coaches Box on the wing.
Just to recap some of my thoughts on the game time that I saw:
We got a good one in Battle.
He will be playing AFL level shortly.
Jack Steele played inside mid and played well.
Hunter started each Centre bounce and also played well.
Hickey played a great game.
I’ve been noncommittal about Lonie. Cannot speak to his second half but that error in the second was a direct result of him being too flash by half. I heard his coach’s views!! Does not deserve a game at AFL until that crap is fixed.
Impressed with Claravino.
Goddard too.
And Phillips.
Actually they were all pretty good and not surprised we came away with the game in the last quarter. Kicking with the wind and the tide to the Hampton goal. I’ve seen that happen many times.

Some impressions:
We appeared to be playing guys in their AFL roles.
Hamill appears more suited to this gig than Gilbee.
I liked our structure.
I liked the way we played.
Irrespective of the result, we were better than last year - and significantly so.
I also get the impression that we have understudy roles.
I was at the interchange gate watching the coaches and rotations etc. Goddard was waiting to go on, and he was yelling instructions to his very inexperienced back six. Maybe that’s something that either Jake or Brown would be doing in the ones?
Battle was doing a similar thing with the forwards.
Think it’s called leadership.
Great to see Matt Maguire as an assistant coach.

I think we might have a good year at Sandringham this year.
I might think about stopping teading anything about the saints and just tead about Sandringham.

It might make me feel better.

From grimlock in the Casey Demons thread ...

"I'm working on a different method of getting the stats into the spreadsheet that will save me a lot of time and effort. However, it's quite buggy at the moment and might take more than a few days to sort out. So you might not get this week's stats this week, but from next week it should be okay."
love your work grimlock

i6ei8K0.png

1zhmibD.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back