Preview Round 1 2018 - Sydney Swans at West Coast Eagles (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening friends, admins, esteemed Swans fans, and SM.

Welcome to the 2018 Season Round 1 Preview. I am your host Blacky. I will endeavour to provide the best preview I can, and all I ask in return is that you do not compare me to the other prominent Perth-based Swans fan (miggs)

First I would like to review the new stadium which I have attended for both the one dayer and the Big Bash final. I am led to believe it is the same size as the MCG (where we have had a lot of success). It definitely doesn’t feel as big as the G when you’re sitting in the first or second tier, but in the third tier does certainly feels larger and is likely to provide an advantage to West Coast in the long run as it is far more appropriately sized than Subi. Overall I rate it 8 WACA’s out of 10.

I docked a point because fish burger was a let down.

Odds
Sydney - 1.39
West Coast - 3.02

West Coast Eagles
Shannon Hurn today revealed that he expects Nic Nat to play. Conversely, Josh Kennedy is yet to reveal whether he feels that Naismith will get up for the game in what should be a pivotal match up. Can confirm that Nic Nat looked sharp in his return game for the second best Royal outfit in Australia (East Perth). Eagles are however likely to be without the scrub Josh Kennedy which is good news for our defenders. Their main targets are likely to be Darling and Cripps, although Gov could go forward, which wouldn’t surprise me, as they are likely trying to reduce his value on the open market, and a game on Melican should do just that.

Their midfield should be an interesting proposition after losing some 500 games and two Brownlows in the offseason, as they decided that Jackson Nelson and Chris Masten offer more than Priddis and Mitchell.

Sydney Swans
It feels weird to be a Swans supporter and have genuine options in the backline. Aliir, Rampe, Grundy and Melican provide these options and should be in a good position against the West Coast forwards without Josh Jr.

Unfortunately Swans also have their fair share of injuries with Naismith and Hannebery likely to miss with a perforated bowel.

Our lack of a ruckman is concerning, but I’m hopeful Towers can fillin admirably.

Strong preseasons from Buddy and Parker bode well, but what Swans really need is some of the lower tier players to step up. I am hopeful that Hayward, Papley and Aliir can be those players.

Also our ability to hit a target by foot remains a concern.

In conclusion I think the key match up for this game will be in the ruck. I predict that Nic Nat plays and causes our team significant headaches, with the Swans eventual winners by 100.

Will add final teams once they are provided.

Season prediction

West Coast Eagles - 11th
Sydney Swans - 6th

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I think we have their forwards covered
I think we have their mids covered
I think we have their defence covered
I think we dont have their rucks covered
I think we have their bench covered
I think we have their emergencies covered

Winners for the swans all over the ground the issues I see are...

New stadium might just fire them up
Crowd will be up and about if they start well
If it's going pear shaped have we got a plan B other than Reid going back

If we start well and kick straight and find targets by foot we will win.

Swans by 54 and Owen to leave the stadium in tears.

SlingshotFooty

Team Captain
May 30, 2015
Folsom, CA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kansas State, KC Chiefs & Royals
Good evening friends, admins, esteemed Swans fans, and SM.

Welcome to the 2018 Season Round 1 Preview. I am your host Blacky. I will endeavour to provide the best preview I can, and all I ask in return is that you do not compare me to the other prominent Perth-based Swans fan (miggs)

First I would like to review the new stadium which I have attended for both the one dayer and the Big Bash final. I am led to believe it is the same size as the MCG (where we have had a lot of success). It definitely doesn’t feel as big as the G when you’re sitting in the first or second tier, but in the third tier does certainly feels larger and is likely to provide an advantage to West Coast in the long run as it is far more appropriately sized than Subi. Overall I rate it 8 WACA’s out of 10.

I docked a point because fish burger was a let down.

Odds
Sydney - 1.39
West Coast - 3.02

West Coast Eagles
Shannon Hurn today revealed that he expects Nic Nat to play. Conversely, Josh Kennedy is yet to reveal whether he feels that Naismith will get up for the game in what should be a pivotal match up. Can confirm that Nic Nat looked sharp in his return game for the second best Royal outfit in Australia (East Perth). Eagles are however likely to be without the scrub Josh Kennedy which is good news for our defenders. Their main targets are likely to be Darling and Cripps, although Gov could go forward, which wouldn’t surprise me, as they are likely trying to reduce his value on the open market, and a game on Melican should do just that.

Their midfield should be an interesting proposition after losing some 500 games and two Brownlows in the offseason, as they decided that Jackson Nelson and Chris Masten offer more than Priddis and Mitchell.

Sydney Swans
It feels weird to be a Swans supporter and have genuine options in the backline. Aliir, Rampe, Grundy and Melican provide these options and should be in a good position against the West Coast forwards without Josh Jr.

Unfortunately Swans also have their fair share of injuries with Naismith and Hannebery likely to miss with a perforated bowel.

Our lack of a ruckman is concerning, but I’m hopeful Towers can fillin admirably.

Strong preseasons from Buddy and Parker bode well, but what Swans really need is some of the lower tier players to step up. I am hopeful that Hayward, Papley and Aliir can be those players.

Also our ability to hit a target by foot remains a concern.

In conclusion I think the key match up for this game will be in the ruck. I predict that Nic Nat plays and causes our team significant headaches, with the Swans eventual winners by 100.

Will add final teams once they are provided.

Season prediction

West Coast Eagles - 11th
Sydney Swans - 6th

I think you meant Kennedy instead of Naismith above the video =)

Macca and hanners are stilll a chance to play according to Longmire

Sinclair will play , only going with 1 ruck

I think aliir will play
Any concern about using a tall backline when they’re likely without Kennedy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Donza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Black Caps the Mighty All Black
Looks like good chance TC Marcus will impact Perth this weekend . Will be a Tropical Storm by then

OLoughlin_71830322HF2.jpg

:)

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Anyone up for a pre match beer? WA Swans supporters have function starting at 2pm at Club Burswood (5min walk from ground). Would enjoy meeting up with people i have argued with for the last 4 years but actually never met in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back