Not open for further replies.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
That's right! The 2018 Sydney Swans AFL Journey begins tonight at 7:20pm AEDT. It is the beginning of a new age, one where the Swans reign supreme over all. Walking their first steps towards becoming to the AFL what Mozart was to music, what Einstein was to Physics, what Tesla was to Engineering, what Shakespeare was to literature and what Plato was to civilization. Am I high you ask? Quite possibly. BUT who cares!? The new season is here and I am ******* excited to see this Swans team back out on field again. It is against the old foe in the West Coast Eagles in their newly built Optus stadium so there will be plenty of hostility and dodgy umpiring. Alas it is nothing we haven't faced before and with this lineup compared to the eagles I expect we'll romp it home by 60+ points!

Cheer Cheer the Red and the White!

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh. Game day. The first of 26.

Right now we are all hopeful of a big year, not jaded by the umpires and dont yet have a whipping boy of 2018.

The umps are still our friends (sort of). No player has made a gastly error to be forever written off and slandered here and we havent lost a game.

This will be short lived....

The umps could make some glaring errors costing us goals, a player will make a gastly error and be the whipping boy and we could lose and it be doom and gloom.
(Towers style in the infamous... You should have kicked it sideways to Buddy vs Richmond)

We just pray for a good run of injuries, the ball to be used well by the boys and for that little sherrin to forever bounce the right way. (For the whole season)

I think we should be confident about our chances today.

Im looking forward to seeing how we move the ball and what changes have been made to our style.

Has Horse listened to his assistants over summer. Has Cox and Stevie J been allowed to tweak a few things and do we have a solid plan B if needed.

Will more questions be raised or some answered? Im bloody excited to find out.

FOREVER LIVE THE BLOODS SPIRIT.

Swans by 38

Last edited:

I like how in the JLT games we seemed to be intentionally playing around with controlling the tempo. Some passages of play involved short, precise kicks, uncontested possessions and slowly finding cracks in the opposition defence. Others saw us playing on at all costs and being aggressive through the corridor with a wave of running and pace. Either way it seemed deliberate and planned, which was refreshing to see after years of chaos balls and scrap kicks and rolling scrums. If we can translate that balance to the big league then we could do some serious damage this year. All starts today hopefully!

Keep them below 50 points & we win by 30 to 40 ponits. We aren't regular scorers of 100 points but we just may do that tonight on a quality ground similar to Etihad Stadium in size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously on the other side in side of the spectrum in regards to Florent but I reckon he's going to be a gun.

Agree. I wasn’t sure early on. However he shows a willingness for the contest to get his own ball, has excellent vision and neat kicking skills and has a turn of pace.

Trying to think of a good comparison for him, maybe Paul Williams or Wayne Schwass ?

Last edited:
Obviously on the other side in side of the spectrum in regards to Florent but I reckon he's going to be a gun.
I just wish we drafted other players than the ones we did because the ones we should have are going to be guns at the other clubs.
We are just an incompetant club when it comes to recruiting, coaching, playing . . . . . . . . . . &. . . . . . . we just suck at AFL.
I just feel realy embarrassed by tge club actually.:rolleyes:

Am just getting home from work so it’s sleep for me.
I want to wake up tomorrow and find out Fox has had a ripper of a game ala Rampe’s first year, that Melican and Reg are the gatekeepers thou shalt not pass and we have 10 different goal kickers for a 40+ win.
Go Bloods!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back