Preview Round 1 2019: Adelaide vs Hawthorn, AO,Saturday 23rd of March 4:35 P.M.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minchington has a hamstring injury apparently. Not many options left now in the reserves. Dylan Moore would have to be next in line.

I just don’t want to see Lewis and Nash in the team. It won’t work at all. Too top heavy and very little speed around the ground.

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Minchington has a hamstring injury apparently. Not many options left now in the reserves. Dylan Moore would have to be next in line.

I just don’t want to see Lewis and Nash in the team. It won’t work at all. Too top heavy and very little speed around the ground.

I get the impression they are gunna play Nash.

The fact we upgraded him and that clarko played him in those 2 finals says a lot.

I agree though i don't want to see Nash in the team, not yet anyway.

I get the impression they are gunna play Nash.

The fact we upgraded him and that clarko played him in those 2 finals says a lot.

I agree though i don't want to see Nash in the team, not yet anyway.

If given the choice I’d rather Lewis in the team for now. At least when Roughead is in the midfield Lewis then goes to full forward.

Nash just doesn’t provide much as a half forward and doesn’t hit the scoreboard. He should spend the season developing in the VFL and working on his deficiencies. 2020 he should be aiming for a spot in the best 22. I think the club is bringing him in way too soon.

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Both Moore and Hanrahan are ahead of Minchington irrespective of his injury or not.

Both Moore and Hanrahan are ahead of Minchington irrespective of his injury or not.

Then the club wouldn’t have gone after Minchington if he wasn’t ahead of those two considering the already strong depth of small forwards on the list.

Like 2017, I'm going there with very low, if any, expectations.

So hopefully the same result occurs!

Assigned a ticket in the 3rd row of Hawks cheersquad, so should still be fun, but will be more fun if we cause the boilover!

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
G'day fellas, I didn't know where to post this question but figured it would be ok in here.

Of all your younger players like Scrimshaw, Moore, Jones ect which (if any) are likely to debut round1. I know you blokes ease your young fellas in more than we do so might it be a bit of a rotation with a few games here and there, that sort of thing? Other than Tom missing are there any key areas of need that a newer guy could fill?

Cheers, all the best for 2019 and hope our game vs you blokes is a real cracker like usual!

Like 2017, I'm going there with very low, if any, expectations.

So hopefully the same result occurs!

Assigned a ticket in the 3rd row of Hawks cheersquad, so should still be fun, but will be more fun if we cause the boilover!
Yeah, I think I'm somewhere around there too.

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Then the club wouldn’t have gone after Minchington if he wasn’t ahead of those two considering the already strong depth of small forwards on the list.

Gone after him? He was a delisted free agent. From St. Kilda no doubt.

I suspect Clarko would have been thinking how do I get these kids a game next year after their seasons and finals series impacts. Not, I better bring in a delisted free agent from St. Kilda, you know that successful club, to jump them in the pecking order.

My understanding is he isn't a natural small forward, played midfield at VFL level, and will be a depth player through the middle of the ground should we get injuries.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Would be pretty amazing to win this.

They've got a midfield of 2x Crouch, Sloane, Gibbs. We've got O'Meara and liquorice all sorts.
We're likely to have a very green team that includes Nash, Lewis, Morrison, Scrimshaw - a quarter of the team that has played about 10 games or less.

I expect crows to win by 4-6 goals. I expect we'll give it a real crack.

If Gunston plays we're a chance to pinch it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would be pretty amazing to win this.

They've got a midfield of 2x Crouch, Sloane, Gibbs. We've got O'Meara and liquorice all sorts.
We're likely to have a very green team that includes Nash, Lewis, Morrison, Scrimshaw - a quarter of the team that has played about 10 games or less.

I expect crows to win by 4-6 goals. I expect we'll give it a real crack.

If Gunston plays we're a chance to pinch it.
Come on LP, Shiels deserves more credit than all sorts

Don’t understand the wraps on the Crows to be honest - average forward line heavily reliant on Eddie (Stratts has him covered), OK midfield albeit overrated in my view and a backline that matches up poorly against our forward line strengths.

Understandable that our recent track record against the Crows is quite good - would not be at all surprised if we win by 5-6 majors.

Time that we stopped listening to the flogs in the media as we will be better than most this year notwithstanding a few challenges - can’t wait to stick it up Cornes, Del Santo and that smiling idiot Johnson.

Mar 15, 2009
Scarborough WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All Blacks Green Bay
3438803-563501-a-goshawk-eating-a-crow.jpg

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Will be a boil-over if we win. Adelaide have very close to a full squad and will be desperate to atone for last season. If the game was at the MCG I'd have us as slight favorites or even money but over there very few neutrals will be tipping us to win. I think we'll really have to play out of our skins to pull it off, although we did have that magnificent win against them over there in 2017 so there's some hope.

lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,

Nash is one of the quickest on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back