Game Day Round 1 2019: Adelaide vs Hawthorn, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a big ask for Worpel and Cousins who are in their 2nd and 3rd seasons respectively to fill the void left by Mitchell, however if they can average over 20 disposals a game this year then they can offset the loss slightly and at the same time we have two midfielders who have a lot of upside and they’ll only get better once the other injured midfielders return.

I rate Adelaide and expect they will be about redemption this year. Their list is fit and perhaps even more than most sides they have been burning for round 1. It's going to be a massive task.

That being said, their backline is exploitable for mine. It will be interesting if Sicily does play forward and we try and exploit this. '

I am worried their midfield will get on top as the game progresses. Bigger, stronger bodies with more numbers to roll through there.

If we are in the game with 5 minutes to play, I will take it as a win and look forward to a run of winnable games whilst we wait on Wingard, Scully and Howe to get back. We will be a better team in round 6 than round 1. Just gotta get the wins that we should on the board. A loss here is somewhat acceptable.

It’s a big ask for Worpel and Cousins who are in their 2nd and 3rd seasons respectively to fill the void left by Mitchell, however if they can average over 20 disposals a game this year then they can offset the loss slightly and at the same time we have two midfielders who have a lot of upside and they’ll only get better once the other injured midfielders return.

Got to say, I'm not that worried about their first halves - it's running out the game where I think we may struggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I’ve woken up dusty after a bit of a drink at the local watering holes on Nth terrace...
Round 1 is here, massive chance today make no mistake.
Did you get to training yesterday & cast your eye over Gunston by any chance tige?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gee I’ve woken up dusty after a bit of a drink at the local watering holes on Nth terrace...
Round 1 is here, massive chance today make no mistake.
The Strathmore will be pumping from about midday.

We should be as confident as any other club heading into Round 1.

All the preparation for the season is about done, time to put it into action boys.

Light us up, Jaeger and Sic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back