Preview Round 1 2019 Brisbane Lions vs West Coast Eagles @ The Gabba. 7:20pm QLD Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If West Coast hadn't have gone so tall I'd be concerned. The line-up looks top heavy/slow in defence and we seem to have very few outside players/speed. But as I said, it shouldnt matter in this case due to WC being tall. In future I don't know if Hodge, Walker, Gardiner and Andrews will be fast enough.

I could see us easing dizzy into it and putting Harris on darling with dizzy taking Allen. If he’s ready though your lineup is our best bet.

Not sure about Andrews agility.

Bailey on Petrucelle would be a good matchup too.

B Luke Hodge, Josh Walker, Daniel Rich
HB Alex Witherden, Harris Andrews, Darcy Gardiner
C Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Hugh McCluggage
HF Cam Rayner, Eric Hipwood, Lincoln McCarthy
F Charles Cameron, Daniel McStay, Oscar McInerney
FOL Stefan Martin, Jarrod Berry, Jarryd Lyons
I/C Ryan Bastinac, Mitch Robinson, Zac Bailey, Rhys Mathieson
EMG Allen Christensen, Lewis Taylor, Ryan Lester, Archie Smith
NEW Lachie Neale, Lincoln McCarthy, Jarryd Lyons

This team will beat West Coast Eagles. Best 22 - 100% Correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reward for effort in this team selection. The emergencies will be itching for their chance. Hopefully the pressure will be on all year and players will know if they perform then they keep their spot. If we can get to have 30 players each week in real contention for spots...

Reward for effort in this team selection. The emergencies will be itching for their chance. Hopefully the pressure will be on all year and players will know if they perform then they keep their spot. If we can get to have 30 players each week in real contention for spots...
Not to mention the guys that didn't even make the emergencies; Cutler, Keays, Roberston, Cox, Allison, Starcevich, Adams.

A fair bit to get excited about.

Yeah I know, but just affirming AFLQLD 's view that we have a core 30+ players that will be in contention for senior selection.

Not sure I recall when we could last say that.
I mean, we probably have had 30 players in line for selection in the past, it's just that most of them weren't any good :p

Our defence looks superior to their forward line. Their defence looks superior to our forward line. Midfield looks about even.
Should be a ripper.

Not to mention the guys that didn't even make the emergencies; Cutler, Keays, Roberston, Cox, Allison, Starcevich, Adams.

A fair bit to get excited about.
And behind them Fullarton,Madden,McFadyen,T Berry,Joyce,E Smith
I find it hard to include anyone who hasn’t played a senior game of AFL or really proved themselves at senior level yet as depth.

I certainly wouldn’t be adding Cox, Allison, our 2018 draftees, our 2017 draftees that haven’t played yet, or some of our rookies as depth just yet.

I want all our kids to succeed, but kids like Cox and Allison should have played a bit more senior AFL By now if they are to be considered genuine depth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back