Review Round 1, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some thoughts
- Neale is a gun
- Zorko has really learned how to deal with opposition attention and had a really dynamic, multi-faceted role where he withstood the attention and managed to apply impact
- Charlie :hearteyes:
- Berry and Clugg are getting so good so quickly
- McCarthy is way quicker than I thought. No idea why but I thought he was a crafty forward that could jump but mostly relied on his smarts. He's definitely smart but he has athleticism. Surprising amounts of athleticism!
- Can't recall a game where our two keys haven't kicked a goal between them but I've loved how the forward line functioned and the role in which they played. I thought McStay really had a great role player's game tonight.

Negatives: wastefulness up forward. You deserved to win that by more, such was the degree of flogging we just copped from you. Great way to start the season.
(Just don't get too carried away, because we were embarrassingly bad at times tonight. You'll face a lot better this season)
Agreed but we’ve been crap for so long we’re gonna enjoy the win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine goosebumps.

This is the payoff for sitting through the rebuild. Watching some of these guys debut and turn into the stars they are right now is so rewarding.

Lid off.

Back