Preview Round 1, 2019: Collingwood vs Geelong - Pregame discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't beat the scats, I swear to god...

I will move to Alabama, grow a mullet, buy a Chevy, and have 7 kids who each have 2 first names. I'll answer every question with "getter done", and have several broken down cars hidden in the 2m high grass on my front lawn.

... i've f had it!!

I'll move with you.

Last edited:

Guess RD 1 no far off IF Possible injuries have Started

What are you talking about? The article says that Howe is cherry ripe and Stephenson/Langdon walked their knee clash off and laughed about it...

What are you talking about? The article says that Howe is cherry ripe and Stephenson/Langdon walked their knee clash off and laughed about it...

I meant Yes Stephenson and Langdon walked away from it but had the Potential of being a lot worse

Cox did play and from memory had a shocker. Moore only played about 20% game time and Phillips was knocked out before 1/2 time.
Forgive me mate, must have been thinking the GWS and West Coast games. Why you got to school me for, in front of all these nice people? :'(

Bloke, that photo makes me sad. I am thinking one of the goals from the Grand Final? One of De-Go-Go's goals from the fiddy maybe.

* it. Bring on Friday. Time for redemption. If we can't take last year's flag, we can at least beat the Cats.

Giddy up!

Last year hurts a lot more than 2011 and 02/03 for me...

Bloke, that photo makes me sad. I am thinking one of the goals from the Grand Final? One of De-Go-Go's goals from the fiddy maybe.

* it. Bring on Friday. Time for redemption. If we can't take last year's flag, we can at least beat the Cats.

Giddy up!

Owe them one. Performance wise last year against Geelong was the most disappointing along with round 1 against Hawthorn. Left the Geelong game feeling like we were a bang average side on track for another average, injury-cruelled season.
Big chance to start the season off the right way this year, important too with the prelim replay and grand final replay in rounds 2 and 3.

If we lose this.. I swear man I'll do what the old lady has been doing consistently for 40 yrs and wash my concrete driveway and front pathway on Lower Heidelberg rd in Alphington with a hose during peak hr traffic..

That's it for me man.. I've f had it.

Giddy up!

Sorry mate but what is this "Grand Final" you speak off? :rolleyes: (Repressed Memories :'()

Gettin excited and nervous about Friday now.......bring on the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate but what is this "Grand Final" you speak off? :rolleyes: (Repressed Memories :'()

Gettin excited and nervous about Friday now.......bring on the Cats.
I see my comment precipitated a five like to comment ratio on your account!

You can go to the Richmond board now, and threaten to hand in your 5:1 ratio account, if we lose to them in Round 2 :p

Jokes aside, and forgive me for speculating, but were you as cynical as me for years before 2018?

I can hardly remember the 2010 premiership, and I was almost 20 at the time, but seems I took it for granted. I am still trying to work out what happened in 2011.

There is no complacency now after last year though, no entitlement. I just feel like enjoying the ride, how about yourself? Hopefully we can prove that it all wasn't a flash in the pan.

Just read the Cats might be blooding four new kittens. Jack Watts, meet Shane O'Bree, and a few others.....

Owe them one. Performance wise last year against Geelong was the most disappointing along with round 1 against Hawthorn. Left the Geelong game feeling like we were a bang average side on track for another average, injury-cruelled season.
Big chance to start the season off the right way this year, important too with the prelim replay and grand final replay in rounds 2 and 3.

Were you there big fella?

Fair dinkum, all day, I felt we would rise from the Ashes, even having kicked what? 1.6 to half time? It was PUTRID!

De-Go-Go finally got on his bike in the third, and when he kicked one, we got to within a half a kick, and then we just dropped off again!

We were on a roll before the Cats game, and even that old campaigner YAAAAABBBLLLEEEETTTTT Junior kicked one. Just the flash backs are enough for me to reach for the Ketamine. I need some good vibrations right now. Maybe Gimpy has some. The Greeks have their hands in everything.

I think the Hawks loss was a different beast. I sincerely thought we might have SOME chance of beating them, but after that free for below the knees when we were 34-all, I just felt the air sucked out of the balloon. The Hawks also have only lost what? One out of their last dozen games against the Pies since 2011? We need to get over that mental hump, otherwise, we will end up like Melbourne :rolleyes:

We don't have the best record round one, but I doubt we will be 0-2 to start the season. After all, we aren't playing GWS round 2, don't ya know ;)

I see my comment precipitated a five like to comment ratio on your account!

You can go to the Richmond board now, and threaten to hand in your 5:1 ratio account, if we lose to them in Round 2 :p

Jokes aside, and forgive me for speculating, but were you as cynical as me for years before 2018?

I can hardly remember the 2010 premiership, and I was almost 20 at the time, but seems I took it for granted. I am still trying to work out what happened in 2011.

There is no complacency now after last year though, no entitlement. I just feel like enjoying the ride, how about yourself? Hopefully we can prove that it all wasn't a flash in the pan.

Just read the Cats might be blooding four new kittens. Jack Watts, meet Shane O'Bree, and a few others.....

I thought we would be mid table last year...…...is still doesn't mean I will ever get over "that game".

My like ratio account is nothing compared to the Tigers board......my mate Shazza (;)) posts that the Pies have injuries and gets 63 likes everytime. :p

My expectations for this year are so high, my nerves are in overdrive.

Need someone to talk me down, I will be a mess come Friday.
giphy.gif

I thought we would be mid table last year...…...is still doesn't mean I will ever get over "that game".

My like ratio account is nothing compared to the Tigers board......my mate (;)) posts that the Pies have injuries and gets 63 likes everytime. :p
Did he post ‘Tigers have gastro’ after last years prelim? And if yes, how many likes did it get?

Did he post ‘Tigers have gastro’ after last years prelim? And if yes, how many likes did it get?

No but he did post the funniest thread about how angry he was that they lost to us. Comedy Gold.

Temperature forecast 30 for Friday, I wonder whether they will make allowances for trainers on the ground for water given the new rules.
But by the time of the bounce, it'll be much cooler. Probably be 24 by 8pm. Which is probably warm in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back