Preview Round 1, 2019: Collingwood vs Geelong - Pregame discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know why entrances 5,6,7 will be closed at MCG parking? Seems only 3 is open for mobility holders.

I can't remember (don't think I have taken any notice TBH) which entrance we go in but it is the one near gate 1.

Tried to look for a bigger map but only see ones of the MCG and not parking.

Teams are out, wish the bear was in for Brown but I trust the coaches

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190321-182648_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190321-182648_AFL.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 76
Callum Brown to be the inside role of ...

Can’t even bring myself to say it.

B
  • Brayden Maynard,
  • Jordan Roughead,
  • Jack Crisp
HB
  • Jeremy Howe,
  • Darcy Moore,
  • Tom Langdon
C
  • Chris Mayne,
  • Scott Pendlebury,
  • Steele Sidebottom
HF
  • Josh Thomas,
  • Mason Cox,
  • Jaidyn Stephenson
F
  • Jamie Elliott,
  • Brody Mihocek,
  • Jordan De Goey
FOL
  • Brodie Grundy,
  • Dayne Beams,
  • Adam Treloar
I/C
  • Tom Phillips,
  • Callum L. Brown,
  • James Aish,
  • Travis Varcoe
Looks good ,can't remember the last time we had a squad that good for round 1

Surprised by Greenwood's exclusion.

Me too. I was confident that Brown would play but had a feeling that Mayne would be the one to miss out.

I'm delighted with that team, even though I'm a bit concerned that with Adams and Sier out we're still don't look like tagging Selwood. We might struggle at the coal face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B
  • Brayden Maynard,
  • Jordan Roughead,
  • Jack Crisp
HB
  • Jeremy Howe,
  • Darcy Moore,
  • Tom Langdon
C
  • Chris Mayne,
  • Scott Pendlebury,
  • Steele Sidebottom
HF
  • Josh Thomas,
  • Mason Cox,
  • Jaidyn Stephenson
F
  • Jamie Elliott,
  • Brody Mihocek,
  • Jordan De Goey
FOL
  • Brodie Grundy,
  • Dayne Beams,
  • Adam Treloar
I/C
  • Tom Phillips,
  • Callum L. Brown,
  • James Aish,
  • Travis Varcoe
Looks good ,can't remember the last time we had a squad that good for round 1
Its gonna be hard for places once Adam's and WHE are back I would assume they would come in for Brown and maybe Aish perhaps mayne aswell could make room for someone like the bear

Can’t put a face to almost half the side the cats named, that’s a good sign right?

Surprised Brown is in over Greenwood and Sier (I don’t believe Sier is injured if he’s named emergency)

Me too. I was confident that Brown would play but had a feeling that Mayne would be the one to miss out.

I'm delighted with that team, even though I'm a bit concerned that with Adams and Sier out we're still don't look like tagging Selwood. We might struggle at the coal face.

At least we finally have a FB and CHB

Think of the forward options:

• Big Cox
  • De Goey
  • Stephenson
  • Thomas
  • Mihocek
  • some guy named Elliott
with floating cameos of Beams, Treloar, Sidebottom, Varcoe

Scary

Can’t put a face to almost half the side the cats named, that’s a good sign right?

Surprised Brown is in over Greenwood and Sier (I don’t believe Sier is injured if he’s named emergency)
Sier is not injured, not no more.

He may (or may not) have had a niggle of sorts.

Will earn his way back, no doubt.

They have 4 debuts, 3 kids 2 from the 2017 draft 1 from the 2018 draft and a mature age recruit, plus o'connor has only played 7 games and Henry and parfitt have played 22 games and 34 games respectively so they are definitely inexperienced from an afl perspective, makes me feel like the game will be close till half way through the 3rd quarter and after that I feel like we will pull away a little bit and end winning by like 20-25 points just hoping for a good game really

Perhaps this Greenwood thing is the first glimmer of a new Collingwood game plan that is PRO-active rather than RE-active. Tagging Selwood is a hoot but with that forward line of ours we may be backing ourselves to smash them on the scoreboard and forget about negating them.

I hope so because I surely hate negative team play, give me a constructive and aggressive team plan and I'm a happy camper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back