Preview Round 1, 2019: Collingwood vs Geelong - Pregame discussion

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy has been handling alot and avoiding kicking in jlt games, are his toes alright?

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Overseas on holiday with my hubby, and we just had a ‘heated’ discussion about round 1 in the bar of our hotel. He pretended a level of disinterest in the game, which is BS.

Told him I don’t want to see a smug look on his face if the Cats beat us. Seriously, I’m over it. To (mis) quote Gimpy, if we don’t beat Geelong I’m out of here...

Convince him to have a few dirty martinis and rusty nails.. that smug look will turn to a 'what the...' look. Punish him re.

Mick Malthouse is confident Carlton will be successful in 2015, saying hard to see team lose

Sam Edmund, Herald Sun
March 20, 2015 1:19pm
MICK Malthouse has claimed he is struggling to find a game Carlton loses this year.

In an overwhelmingly positive address...………..Malthoouse said...…..“I shouldn’t say this in front of the cameras, but it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game,” Malthouse said to much applause
“... it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game”
How about... “At the MCG.”

Mick Malthouse is confident Carlton will be successful in 2015, saying hard to see team lose

Sam Edmund, Herald Sun
March 20, 2015 1:19pm
MICK Malthouse has claimed he is struggling to find a game Carlton loses this year.

In an overwhelmingly positive address...………..Malthoouse said...…..“I shouldn’t say this in front of the cameras, but it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game,” Malthouse said to much applause
I thought Mick was mending fences at Collingwood. Using a first person pronoun in connection with C______ isn’t necessarily going to help with that.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we lose this.. I will force feed myself skotakia for the next week.

I've f had it man.. that's it for me.

Hey Gimpy did you know Ulysses is now Cypriot?

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
If we lose this.. I would go back and relive my uni days with my Greek mates in the back of the lecture theater playing Manila with 20c coins and have foreign exchange students say 'would you idiots shut up.. bloody Greeks' lol.

Actually I kinda enjoyed that.

Lemme think of something else re.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Convince him to have a few dirty martinis and rusty nails.. that smug look will turn to a 'what the...' look. Punish him re.
But how can Vicky Park possibly punish hubby if he’s married to her.
He is rewarded every single day.

:cool:

see gimp, that’s how it’s done re

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
But how can Vicky Park possibly punish hubby if he’s married to her.
He is rewarded every single day.

:cool:

see gimp, that’s how it’s done re

I don't think anyone should put up with a smug Geelong smile.. regardless of their relationship to em.. a good.. 'oh try this darling oh have another one darling' will suffice re.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
And I think We’re forgetting Maynard can also share some tagging load if need be.
Maynard played a couple of good games in the midfield at the end of 2017, but that was hunting the ball. He's certainly got the tools to be a gun run with player, but have we ever used him in the role?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maynard played a couple of good games in the midfield at the end of 2017, but that was hunting the ball. He's certainly got the tools to be a gun run with player, but have we ever used him in the role?
The GWS would say yes

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you're talking about the final, Greene was playing forward - not mid.
More about being a direct opponent - that style.

Suggesting Greenwood is replaceable by quite a few others if push came to shove for our Duck friend.

But your point is valid ofcourse.

More about being a direct opponent - that style.

Suggesting Greenwood is replaceable by quite a few others if push came to shove for our Duck friend.

But your point is valid ofcourse.

Playing tight defender is different though, because you see the ball coming in. When learning the art of tagging, defenders, despite the one on one skillset, often get lost in traffic.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Playing tight defender is different though, because you see the ball coming in. When learning the art of tagging, defenders, despite the one on one skillset, often get lost in traffic.
You make solid argument.
But sometimes, the bird must fly the nest and go and do new jobs.
Maynard looks a type that can manage it.

Back