T20 Round 1, 2019 \\ Northern Phoenix v Red Centre Kangaroos v West Coast Whales

Remove this Banner Ad

TheMase , I raised it because I found it when re-checking the posting.

Better if we work out any kinks in the first round and get it sorted for moving forward, I think.

To resim or not to resim, that is the question... luckily, it's not my call, I just post them! :p

TheMase , I raised it because I found it when re-checking the posting.

Better if we work out any kinks in the first round and get it sorted for moving forward, I think.

To resim or not to resim, that is the question... luckily, it's not my call, I just post them! :p

Before I answer about the re sim how did I go? If I dominated I vote no re sim. If I had a shocker we must re sim.

I’ve seen sim glitches plenty of times across the many years I’ve played in BFFCL. I can’t recall many games (if any) that were resimed because of the sim throwing up a glitch like that...

As it were we still had an over to play and a wicket in hand but didn’t get to play that out because of it.

I just want more than a duck, is that too much to ask? :( :( :(

Welcome to the lovely Fire Pit for the re-sim of Northern Phoenix and The Red Centre K

Northern Pheonix won the Toss, and they have decided to bat first.

And so Loonerty wins the Toss and gives Agent93 and Paddles_ a nod. They walk out to the middle. WFL takes walks to the top of his run-up and we're all ready to go

0.1 WFL to Paddles_, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
0.2 WFL to Paddles_, Oh, that's a juicy full toss and the batsman has nailed it! 6 runs! (6)
0.3 WFL to Paddles_, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
0.4 WFL to Paddles_, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
0.5 WFL to Paddles_, Very well bowled. (0)
0.6 WFL to Paddles_, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 1
Northern Pheonix 8/0 (RR : 8)
Paddles_ 8 (6b)
Agent93 0 (0b)
WFL 1-0-8-0

1.1 akkaps to Agent93, Splendid shot for four! (4)
1.2 akkaps to Agent93, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
1.3 akkaps to Agent93, Six! (6)
1.4 akkaps to Agent93, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
1.5 akkaps to Agent93, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)

1.6 akkaps to Agent93, Chipped down to long-off, easy single. (1)

End of over 2
Northern Pheonix 29/0 (RR : 14.5)
Paddles_ 8 (6b)
Agent93 21 (6b)
akkaps 1-0-21-0

2.1 WFL to Agent93, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
2.2 WFL to Agent93, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
2.3 WFL to Paddles_, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
2.4 WFL to Paddles_, , Byes, another 2 run(s) (2)
2.5 WFL to Agent93, Down the track, and BOOM! Six Runs! Great batting! (6)
2.6 WFL to Agent93, The batsman lines up for a big slog over cow corner, but gets an inside edge, which scoots past the stumps and the keeper for four runs! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavilion... (4)

End of over 3
Northern Pheonix 46/0 (RR : 15.3)
Agent93 34 (10b)
Paddles_ 10 (7b)
WFL 2-0-23-0

3.1 akkaps to Paddles_, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
3.2 akkaps to Paddles_, Very well bowled. (0)
3.3 akkaps to Paddles_, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
3.4 akkaps to Paddles_, Very well bowled. (0)
3.5 akkaps to Paddles_, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
3.6 akkaps to Agent93, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)

End of over 4
Northern Pheonix 50/0 (RR : 12.5)
Paddles_ 13 (12b)
Agent93 35 (11b)
akkaps 2-0-25-0

4.1 WFL to Agent93, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
4.2 WFL to Agent93, Very well bowled. (0)
4.3 WFL to Agent93, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
4.4 WFL to Paddles_, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
4.5 WFL to Paddles_, That wasn't a bad ball, but the batsmen went at it with everything except the kitchen sink, and got enough on it to send it over the fence! 6 more! (6)
4.6 WFL to Paddles_, Nice. Length ball, clobbered down the ground for six. Superb batting. (6)

End of over 5
Northern Pheonix 65/0 (RR : 13)
Paddles_ 25 (15b)
Agent93 38 (14b)
WFL 3-0-38-0

So a MASSIVE start from the Phoenix. Agent93 in particular looking very very aggressive and taking it to the bowlers. This is going to be a very high scoring match.

5.1 akkaps to Agent93, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
5.2 akkaps to Agent93, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
5.3 akkaps to Agent93, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
5.4 akkaps to Agent93, Very well bowled. (0)
5.5 akkaps to Agent93, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman makes the dive...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding. 3 more! (4)
5.6 akkaps to Agent93, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 6
Northern Pheonix 73/0 (RR : 12.2)
Agent93 46 (20b)
Paddles_ 25 (15b)
akkaps 3-0-33-0

6.1 KBLT to Paddles_, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
6.2 KBLT to Paddles_, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
6.3 KBLT to Agent93, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
6.4 KBLT to Paddles_, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
6.5 KBLT to Paddles_, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
6.6 KBLT to Paddles_, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)

End of over 7
Northern Pheonix 83/0 (RR : 11.9)
Paddles_ 34 (20b)
Agent93 47 (21b)
KBLT 1-0-10-0

7.1 Tony Lynn 15 to Agent93, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)

50 to Agent93 off just 22 balls!!!
7.2 Tony Lynn 15 to Agent93, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
7.3 Tony Lynn 15 to Paddles_, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
7.4 Tony Lynn 15 to Paddles_, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
7.5 Tony Lynn 15 to Paddles_, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman makes the dive...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding. 3 more! (3)
7.6 Tony Lynn 15 to Agent93, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 8
Northern Pheonix 93/0 (RR : 11.6)
Agent93 52 (24b)
Paddles_ 39 (23b)
Tony Lynn 15 1-0-10-0

8.1 roo2macca to Paddles_, Good running, two runs. (2)
8.2 roo2macca to Paddles_, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
8.3 roo2macca to Agent93, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
8.4 roo2macca to Agent93, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
8.5 roo2macca to Agent93, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
8.6 roo2macca to Agent93, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)

End of over 9
Northern Pheonix 102/0 (RR : 11.3)
Agent93 58 (28b)
Paddles_ 42 (25b)
roo2macca 1-0-9-0

9.1 KBLT to Paddles_, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Single. (1)
9.2 KBLT to Agent93, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
9.3 KBLT to Agent93, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
9.4 KBLT to Agent93, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Single. (1)
9.5 KBLT to Paddles_, Very well bowled. (0)
9.6 KBLT to Paddles_, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)

End of over 10
Northern Pheonix 111/0 (RR : 11.1)
Agent93 65 (31b)
Paddles_ 44 (28b)
KBLT 2-0-19-0

And the run rate has slowed a little but not enough to stop the Phoenix from bringing up the ton in just 51 balls.

10.1 Wacky Tiger to Paddles_, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
10.2 Wacky Tiger to Paddles_, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
10.3 Wacky Tiger to Agent93, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
10.4 Wacky Tiger to Agent93, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
10.5 Wacky Tiger to Agent93, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
10.6 Wacky Tiger to Paddles_, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)

End of over 11
Northern Pheonix 117/0 (RR : 10.6)
Paddles_ 47 (31b)
Agent93 68 (34b)
Wacky Tiger 1-0-6-0

11.1 roo2macca to Agent93, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
11.2 roo2macca to Agent93, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
11.3 roo2macca to Agent93, Easy single. (1)
11.4 roo2macca to Paddles_, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
11.5 roo2macca to Paddles_, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
11.6 roo2macca to Paddles_, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 12
Northern Pheonix 123/0 (RR : 10.3)
Agent93 73 (37b)
Paddles_ 48 (34b)
roo2macca 2-0-15-0

12.1 KBLT to Paddles_, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)

And that's 50 for Paddles_
12.2 KBLT to Paddles_, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
12.3 KBLT to Paddles_, That was a very good delivery. (0)
12.4 KBLT to Paddles_, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
12.5 KBLT to Paddles_, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
12.6 KBLT to Paddles_, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 13
Northern Pheonix 128/0 (RR : 9.85)
Agent93 73 (37b)
Paddles_ 53 (40b)
KBLT 3-0-24-0

13.1 Wacky Tiger to Paddles_, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
13.2 Wacky Tiger to Paddles_, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
13.3 Wacky Tiger to Paddles_, Easy single. (1)
13.4 Wacky Tiger to Agent93, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
13.5 Wacky Tiger to Agent93, Very well bowled. (0)
13.6 Wacky Tiger to Agent93, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)

End of over 14
Northern Pheonix 137/0 (RR : 9.79)
Agent93 79 (40b)
Paddles_ 56 (43b)
Wacky Tiger 2-0-15-0

14.1 KBLT to Paddles_, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
14.2 KBLT to Paddles_, Very well bowled. (0)
14.3 KBLT to Paddles_, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
14.4 KBLT to Agent93, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
14.5 KBLT to Agent93, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
14.6 KBLT to Agent93, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 15
Northern Pheonix 142/0 (RR : 9.47)
Agent93 83 (43b)
Paddles_ 57 (46b)
KBLT 4-0-29-0

15.1 roo2macca to Paddles_, (0) Ah, great ball. It bounced more than the batsman expected it to, causing him to check his shot at the last moment and lob the ball into the air for an easy catch.
Paddles_ c TheMase b roo2macca
Runs : 57 Balls : 47 S/R : 121.3

And a great innings come to an end. Great ball from roo2macca to finish off the dangerous Paddles_ who goes back to the shed for 57 off 47
That brings The Filth Wizard to the crease.
15.2 roo2macca to The Filth Wizard, Splendid shot for four! (4)

15.3 roo2macca to The Filth Wizard, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
15.4 roo2macca to The Filth Wizard, Going, Going, Gone! Six Runs! (6)
15.5 roo2macca to The Filth Wizard, , No Ball. Driven for four! (4)
15.5 roo2macca to The Filth Wizard, The batsman sees the juicy half-volley outside off-stump, and decided that it deserved more than a spanking through the covers, and so thrashes it into the stands instead! 6 runs. (6)

15.6 roo2macca to The Filth Wizard, Short and pulled away for a single (1)

End of over 16
Northern Pheonix 166/1 (RR : 10.4)
Agent93 83 (43b)
The Filth Wizard 23 (5b)
roo2macca 3-0-39-1

16.1 Tony Lynn 15 to The Filth Wizard, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
16.2 Tony Lynn 15 to The Filth Wizard, (0) Yes! No! Yes! No! Too late, you've gotta go! Runout!
The Filth Wizard run out Wacky Tiger
Runs : 23 Balls : 7 S/R : 328.6

AND A STELLAR RUN OUT FROM Wacky Tiger WHAT A THROW!!! The Filth Wizard 's brief knock comes unstuck
16.3 Tony Lynn 15 to HawkAussie, Slog-sweep time! He's executed that quite well too, and...yes, it's six! Nice job son! (6)

16.4 Tony Lynn 15 to HawkAussie, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
16.5 Tony Lynn 15 to HawkAussie, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
16.6 Tony Lynn 15 to Agent93, (0) Hit hard but straight to the fielder, who fires a throw back in immediately. The batsmen try to scramble through for a single, but they're caught short! Brilliant fielding, and a wicket for the fielding side!
Agent93 run out KBLT
Runs : 83 Balls : 44 S/R : 188.6

AND ANOTHER ONE FALLS! This time at the hands of KBLT as he dismisses the dangerous Agent93 although I fear the damage may be done

End of over 17
Northern Pheonix 173/3 (RR : 10.2)
The Half Back 0 (0b)
HawkAussie 7 (3b)
Tony Lynn 15 2-0-17-0

17.1 roo2macca to HawkAussie, (0) Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge, but the ball still finds legstump! Gone!
HawkAussie b roo2macca
Runs : 7 Balls : 4 S/R : 175

BOWLS HIM! Great comeback from roo2macca after a long hard spell. Dismissing HawkAussie very cheaply
17.2 roo2macca to Noobz0r, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
17.3 roo2macca to Noobz0r, (0) Fantastic catch! Brilliant one handed effort! Even the batsman has to applaud that one!
Noobz0r c Far Kern b roo2macca
Runs : 4 Balls : 2 S/R : 200

And roo2macca grabs himself a snag. But he'd better but Far Kern a beer for that effort. Noobz0r goes for a 4 off 2 balls

17.4 roo2macca to Loonerty, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
17.5 roo2macca to Loonerty, Very well bowled. (0)
17.6 roo2macca to Loonerty, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)

End of over 18
Northern Pheonix 185/5 (RR : 10.3)
Loonerty 8 (3b)
The Half Back 0 (0b)
roo2macca 4-0-51-3

18.1 akkaps to The Half Back, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
18.2 akkaps to The Half Back, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
18.3 akkaps to The Half Back, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
18.4 akkaps to Loonerty, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
18.5 akkaps to Loonerty, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
18.6 akkaps to The Half Back, , Byes, another 3 run(s) (3)

End of over 19
Northern Pheonix 192/5 (RR : 10.1)
The Half Back 3 (3b)
Loonerty 9 (5b)
akkaps 4-0-37-0

Good innings so far. Let's see what they can do with this last over

19.1 WFL to Loonerty, (0) Wrong call, this could be trouble, and out!
Loonerty st Headless b WFL
Runs : 9 Balls : 6 S/R : 150

INSANE HANDS FROM Headless
Golumless to the crease for a 5 ball cameo lets see what he can do
19.2 WFL to Golumless, My GOD that's massive! 6 runs! (6)
19.3 WFL to Golumless, , No Ball. What an audacious shot! Uppercut up and over third man for six! Incredible! (6)

19.3 WFL to Golumless, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
19.4 WFL to Golumless, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
19.5 WFL to Golumless, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
19.6 WFL to Golumless, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)

End of over 20
Northern Pheonix 213/6 (RR : 10.6)
Golumless 20 (5b)
The Half Back 3 (3b)
WFL 4-0-59-1

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 213
Wickets : 6
Overs : 20.0

And very nicely done from the Phoenix
Decent job by the Roos to pull it back a bit at the end wicket wise. Unfortunately for them. Golumless had other plans. Smashing 20 off 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ant Bear and _Cayz_ to the middle. spookism charges in and we're ready to go. The Roos need 213 runs in 20 overs at 10.7 an over
0.1 spookism to Ant Bear, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
0.2 spookism to Ant Bear, Very well bowled. (0)
0.3 spookism to Ant Bear, He tries to take a step down the track to turn an attempted yorker into a full-toss, but ends up turning a half-volley into a yorker! Clean bowled. Boy he must be feeling silly!
Ant Bear b spookism
Runs : 4 Balls : 3 S/R : 133.3
(0)

OH WOW! WHAT A START FOR THE PHOENIX ! Ant Bear gets himself out and spookism is sending a message to the competition with that ball!

0.4 spookism to Far Kern, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
0.5 spookism to _Cayz_, That's smashed hard into the crowd, its six! (6)
0.6 spookism to _Cayz_, Delicate little late cut, well placed. The batsmen hesitate going for the single...it's a huge mix up...and they end up at the same end! Easy runout, poor, poor running.
_Cayz_ run out spookism
Runs : 6 Balls : 2 S/R : 300
(0)

MASSIVE RUNOUT! AND THE ROOS ARE ON THE ROPES EARLY!

End of over 1
Red Centre Kangaroos 11/2 (RR : 11) Required RR(10.6)
TheMase 0 (0b)
Far Kern 1 (1b)
spookism 1-0-11-1

1.1 brahj to Far Kern, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
1.2 brahj to Far Kern, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
1.3 brahj to Far Kern, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
1.4 brahj to Far Kern, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
1.5 brahj to Far Kern, That's a single. (1)
1.6 brahj to TheMase, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 2
Red Centre Kangaroos 22/2 (RR : 11) Required RR(10.6)
TheMase 2 (1b)
Far Kern 10 (6b)
brahj 1-0-11-0

2.1 spookism to Far Kern, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
2.2 spookism to Far Kern, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
2.3 spookism to Far Kern, Very well bowled. (0)
2.4 spookism to Far Kern, Six! (6)
2.5 spookism to Far Kern, Ah that's a rubbish ball, and the batsman wastes no time in putting the trash away. Six! (6)

2.6 spookism to Far Kern, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)

End of over 3
Red Centre Kangaroos 42/2 (RR : 14) Required RR(10.1)
Far Kern 30 (12b)
TheMase 2 (1b)
spookism 2-0-31-1

3.1 brahj to TheMase, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
3.2 brahj to Far Kern, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
3.3 brahj to Far Kern, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
3.4 brahj to Far Kern, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
3.5 brahj to Far Kern, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
3.6 brahj to Far Kern, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 4
Red Centre Kangaroos 46/2 (RR : 11.5) Required RR(10.4)
TheMase 3 (2b)
Far Kern 33 (17b)
brahj 2-0-15-0

4.1 spookism to Far Kern, That was a very good delivery. (0)
4.2 spookism to Far Kern, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
4.3 spookism to Far Kern, Low full toss, the batsman drives it down the ground for six! Great shot! The bowler is distraught! (6)
4.4 spookism to Far Kern, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
4.5 spookism to Far Kern, Yes! No! Yes! No! Too late, you've gotta go! Runout!
Far Kern run out Paddles_
Runs : 41 Balls : 22 S/R : 186.4
(0)

WHAT A THROW AND THAT'S A MASSIVE WICKET! Just as Far Kern threatened to drag the Roos back into the match he's gone!
4.6 spookism to roo2macca, Pitched in line, hitting middle stump, but is it too high? The umpire doesn't think so, and the batsman has to go!
roo2macca lbw spookism
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0
(0)

BOOM! The Phoenix are on a team hat trick and roo2macca is hobbling back to the pavilion for a duck and with a shiny bruise forming on his shin!
End of over 5
Red Centre Kangaroos 54/4 (RR : 10.8) Required RR(10.6)
Tony Lynn 15 0 (0b)
TheMase 3 (2b)
spookism 3-0-39-2

Difficult first 5 overs for the Roos but they're actually making the RRR. This one's going to be very good!

5.1 brahj to TheMase, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
5.2 brahj to Tony Lynn 15, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
5.3 brahj to TheMase, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
5.4 brahj to TheMase, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
5.5 brahj to TheMase, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
5.6 brahj to TheMase, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 6
Red Centre Kangaroos 61/4 (RR : 10.2) Required RR(10.9)
Tony Lynn 15 1 (1b)
TheMase 9 (7b)
brahj 3-0-22-0

6.1 Noobz0r to TheMase, One more to the total. (1)
6.2 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, One more to the total. (1)
6.3 Noobz0r to TheMase, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
6.4 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
6.5 Noobz0r to TheMase, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
6.6 Noobz0r to TheMase, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)

End of over 7
Red Centre Kangaroos 68/4 (RR : 9.71) Required RR(11.2)
Tony Lynn 15 3 (3b)
TheMase 14 (11b)
Noobz0r 1-0-7-0

7.1 The Half Back to TheMase, Very well bowled. (0)
7.2 The Half Back to TheMase, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
7.3 The Half Back to TheMase, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
7.4 The Half Back to TheMase, Very well bowled. (0)
7.5 The Half Back to TheMase, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
7.6 The Half Back to TheMase, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 8
Red Centre Kangaroos 74/4 (RR : 9.25) Required RR(11.6)
TheMase 20 (17b)
Tony Lynn 15 3 (3b)
The Half Back 1-0-6-0

8.1 Golumless to Tony Lynn 15, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
8.2 Golumless to Tony Lynn 15, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
8.3 Golumless to Tony Lynn 15, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
8.4 Golumless to Tony Lynn 15, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
8.5 Golumless to TheMase, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
8.6 Golumless to TheMase, Short and pulled away for a single (1)

End of over 9
Red Centre Kangaroos 78/4 (RR : 8.67) Required RR(12.3)
Tony Lynn 15 6 (7b)
TheMase 21 (19b)
Golumless 1-0-4-0

9.1 Noobz0r to TheMase, One more to the total. (1)
9.2 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, No shot offered. (0)
9.3 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
9.4 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
9.5 Noobz0r to TheMase, Splendid shot for four! (4)
9.6 Noobz0r to TheMase, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 10
Red Centre Kangaroos 88/4 (RR : 8.8) Required RR(12.5)
TheMase 28 (22b)
Tony Lynn 15 9 (10b)
Noobz0r 2-0-17-0

Great bowling from the team from the North and they really drag down that Run rate. The Roos now need 12 an over which on this pitch is doable but is going to be hard against this bowling attack!

10.1 Golumless to Tony Lynn 15, Chipped down to long-off, easy single. (1)
10.2 Golumless to TheMase, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
10.3 Golumless to TheMase, Splendid shot for four! (4)
10.4 Golumless to TheMase, , No BallThe batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
10.4 Golumless to TheMase, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
10.5 Golumless to TheMase, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
10.6 Golumless to TheMase, , No BallVery well bowled. (0)
10.6 Golumless to TheMase, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 11
Red Centre Kangaroos 101/4 (RR : 9.18) Required RR(12.4)
TheMase 38 (27b)
Tony Lynn 15 10 (11b)
Golumless 2-0-17-0

11.1 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
11.2 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
11.3 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
11.4 Noobz0r to TheMase, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
11.5 Noobz0r to TheMase, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
11.6 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 12
Red Centre Kangaroos 107/4 (RR : 8.92) Required RR(13.3)
Tony Lynn 15 13 (15b)
TheMase 41 (29b)
Noobz0r 3-0-23-0

12.1 Golumless to TheMase, Good running, two runs. (2)
12.2 Golumless to TheMase, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
12.3 Golumless to TheMase, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
12.4 Golumless to TheMase, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
12.5 Golumless to TheMase, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
12.6 Golumless to TheMase, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)

End of over 13
Red Centre Kangaroos 117/4 (RR : 9) Required RR(13.7)
TheMase 51 (35b)
Tony Lynn 15 13 (15b)
Golumless 3-0-27-0

13.1 The Half Back to Tony Lynn 15, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
13.2 The Half Back to Tony Lynn 15, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
13.3 The Half Back to Tony Lynn 15, Short and pulled away for a single (2)
13.4 The Half Back to Tony Lynn 15, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.5 The Half Back to Tony Lynn 15, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
13.6 The Half Back to Tony Lynn 15, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 14
Red Centre Kangaroos 126/4 (RR : 9) Required RR(14.5)
TheMase 51 (35b)
Tony Lynn 15 22 (21b)
The Half Back 2-0-15-0

14.1 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Very well bowled. (0)
14.2 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Very well bowled. (0)
14.3 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
14.4 Noobz0r to TheMase, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)

And that brings up a good 50 to TheMase well struck off of 36 balls
14.5 Noobz0r to TheMase, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
14.6 Noobz0r to Tony Lynn 15, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 15
Red Centre Kangaroos 132/4 (RR : 8.8) Required RR(16.2)
Tony Lynn 15 23 (25b)
TheMase 56 (37b)
Noobz0r 4-0-29-0

5 overs. All to play for. Let's see what they can do from here!

Bookended some absolute s**t with a couple of jaffa's.

Also getting Ant Bear and roo2macca out is an okay way to finish off a Sunday night.

15.1 DemonJim to TheMase, Very well bowled. (0)
15.2 DemonJim to TheMase, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Single. (1)
15.3 DemonJim to Tony Lynn 15, That's a single. (1)
15.4 DemonJim to TheMase, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
15.5 DemonJim to TheMase, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
15.6 DemonJim to TheMase, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)

End of over 16
Red Centre Kangaroos 140/4 (RR : 8.75) Required RR(18.3)
TheMase 63 (42b)
Tony Lynn 15 24 (26b)
DemonJim 1-0-8-0

16.1 The Half Back to Tony Lynn 15, They're running hard, excellent throw, and he's out!
Tony Lynn 15 run out HawkAussie
Runs : 24 Balls : 27 S/R : 88.89
(0)

And HawkAussie's arm singlehandedly ruins the Roos chances of winning. Dismissing a slow scoring Tony Lynn 15 for 24 at a strike rate of 88! Not good in a T20
16.2 The Half Back to Headless, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (6)

16.3 The Half Back to Headless, That's smashed hard into the crowd, its six! (6)
16.4 The Half Back to Headless, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
16.5 The Half Back to Headless, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
16.6 The Half Back to Headless, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard at it and edges it through the second slip region! Third man tidies up and the batsmen run for three. The captain decides to move the man from short fine leg to the slip cordon, he's searching for a wicket here. (3)

End of over 17
Red Centre Kangaroos 155/5 (RR : 9.12) Required RR(19.3)
TheMase 63 (42b)
Headless 15 (5b)
The Half Back 3-0-30-0

17.1 DemonJim to Headless, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He drops a glove and hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to just a single. (1)
17.2 DemonJim to TheMase, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
17.3 DemonJim to Headless, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
17.4 DemonJim to Headless, Very well bowled. (0)
17.5 DemonJim to Headless, That was a very good delivery. (0)
17.6 DemonJim to Headless, Oooh, he's not going to be a happy man after that dismissal. His partner called him through for a suicidal single there! If I were him I'd stay far, far away...
Headless run out Loonerty
Runs : 16 Balls : 10 S/R : 160
(0)

AND Loonerty's head has put the final nail in the coffin!

End of over 18
Red Centre Kangaroos 157/6 (RR : 8.72) Required RR(28)
WFL 0 (0b)
TheMase 64 (43b)
DemonJim 2-0-10-0

18.1 spookism to TheMase, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
18.2 spookism to TheMase, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)

18.3 spookism to TheMase, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
18.4 spookism to TheMase, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
18.5 spookism to TheMase, That was a running effort that would make Owais Shah proud. And that isn't a good thing.
TheMase run out Golumless
Runs : 74 Balls : 48 S/R : 154.2
(0)

And a magnificent innings comes to and end!!!
18.6 spookism to KBLT, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 19
Red Centre Kangaroos 168/7 (RR : 8.84) Required RR(45)
WFL 0 (0b)
KBLT 1 (1b)
spookism 4-0-50-2

19.1 brahj to KBLT, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
19.2 brahj to KBLT, Dances down the wicket, and misses completely. Simple stumping in the end.
KBLT st Loonerty b brahj
Runs : 1 Balls : 3 S/R : 33.33
(0)

Insult to injury from Loonerty
19.3 brahj to Wacky Tiger, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)

19.4 brahj to Wacky Tiger, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
19.5 brahj to Wacky Tiger, Very well bowled. (0)
19.6 brahj to Wacky Tiger, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)

End of over 20
Red Centre Kangaroos 174/8 (RR : 8.7) Required RR(1.#J)
Wacky Tiger 6 (4b)
WFL 0 (0b)
brahj 4-0-28-1

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 174
Wickets : 8
Overs : 20.0

And that's it. A dominant win to the Phoenix. Well played to both teams!

Rich (BB code):
Red Centre Kangaroos vs. Northern Pheonix

Northern Pheonix Innings

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Paddles_                        c TheMase b roo2macca   57   47   2   3  121.3
Agent93                                  run out KBLT   83   44  11   2  188.6
The Filth Wizard                  run out Wacky Tiger   23    7   2   2  328.6
HawkAussie                                b roo2macca    7    4   0   1    175
The Half Back                                 not out    3    3   0   0    100
Noobz0r                        c Far Kern b roo2macca    4    2   1   0    200
Loonerty                            st Headless b WFL    9    6   2   0    150
Golumless                                     not out   20    5   1   2    400
spookism                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0
brahj                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
DemonJim                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Total: 213                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 10.65
Extras : 7    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Centre Kangaroos Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
roo2macca                            4.0           0      51           3  12.75
Tony Lynn 15                         2.0           0      17           0    8.5
WFL                                  3.5           0      59           1  15.39
KBLT                                 4.0           0      29           0   7.25
Wacky Tiger                          2.0           0      15           0    7.5
akkaps                               3.5           0      37           0  9.652
Total: 213                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 10.65
Extras : 7    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Centre Kangaroos Innings

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Ant Bear                                   b spookism    4    3   1   0  133.3
_Cayz_                               run out spookism    6    2   0   1    300
Far Kern                             run out Paddles_   41   22   2   3  186.4
TheMase                             run out Golumless   74   48   6   0  154.2
roo2macca                                lbw spookism    0    1   0   0      0
Tony Lynn 15                       run out HawkAussie   24   27   1   0  88.89
Headless                             run out Loonerty   16   10   0   2    160
WFL                                           not out    0    0   0   0      0
KBLT                              st Loonerty b brahj    1    3   0   0  33.33
Wacky Tiger                                   not out    6    4   1   0    150
akkaps                                            dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Total: 174                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.7
Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Northern Pheonix Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
The Half Back                        3.0           0      30           0     10
Noobz0r                              4.0           0      29           0   7.25
Golumless                            3.0           0      27           0      9
spookism                             4.0           0      50           2   12.5
brahj                                4.0           0      28           1      7
DemonJim                             2.0           0      10           0      5
Total: 174                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.7
Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Red Centre Kangaroos vs. Northern Pheonix

Northern Pheonix - 213/6 in 20.0 overs.
Red Centre Kangaroos - 174/8 in 20.0 overs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back