Preview Round 1, 2019: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 24th March, 1:10PM AEDT *Parker, Wilkie & Kent Debut*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 83.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Injury/awareness started prior to Christmas from what we’ve been told. Three months later & he’s still having issues & apparently at least another month away. I’d be surprised if he played at all this year to be honest.
Could very very easily be our version of Harley Bennell at Freo.

What's he played, two games in 3 years or something?

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looking forward to watching Marshall, Long and Clark. Just wish we could get Coffield and Acres in the side as we desperately need to get as many games into the young talented players as we can or continue down the never ending path of mediocrity.
If Acres is fit and not picked the constant confusion of our selection committee continues.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not really. He's had some niggles so would have to be behind a few in match readiness.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Fair enough.

Seems strange they didn't play him in the Sandringham game last week?
Really strange. Maybe he wasn’t fit. It surely couldn’t be it’s to close to a game. They had a 9 day break. Just on injuries if you listen to Wallis I don’t paddy plays for at least 6 weeks if not longer

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rumour only, but it’s been said that Paddy has received advice to retire & has declined this advice hence undergoing further (read second opinions) “tests”.
And if the second advice says the same and Paddy wants to ignore it, then the club should make the decison for him. Too much risk imo.

Last edited:
Rumour only, but it’s been said that Paddy has received advice to retire & has declined this advice hence undergoing further (read second opinions) “tests”.
I call bullshit.
I saw Paddy at training and he seemed fine
WarmheartedSelfassuredFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

RetroRandy66

Senior List
Feb 24, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
We better win this.
Would be hilarious if we came out and won the first 3.
As long as steven plays our mids and forwards look great. Geary whats the word? As long as he plays we are a chance.
Football is massive psychology
if teams like essendon and freo at home take us lightly (subconciously) then our fight with membrey/bruce/Marshall/Brown and class of billings/gresham/Steven/Long/Steele
maybe enough to get over the line. We actually have good depth.

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but it was interesting that (according to Cho), Wilkie played in the VFL game against WB in Ballarat two weekends ago and then played a chunk of our JLT game later that arvo as well.
Yeah, it was mentioned at the time that wilkie played a half in the vfl first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back