Review Round 1 2019 vs Melbourne

Who was your BOG?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

First rule of targetting players. Dont talk about targeting players.

It always comes back to bite you on the arse when the umpires look out for it next week or next match up and pay extra frees.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

P. Cripps - eleventy frees for this week.

It would have been a Marshall's goal... :)

----
P.S.: This plays also shows that our fitness was way superior to theirs. Melbourne's players are far from being physically ready. The game was close until they had legs. At that point, they were dead.

Their last goal was in the 8th minute of Q3. After that, we outscored them 5.7:37 to 0.2:2. We still kicked to many behinds for my liking, but, at this time of the season, I am not bothered by it - I will only if it becomes a trend.
Most Melbourne players were gone by 3/4 time. They were blowing and our blokes were running on top of the ground.

You could see Westhoff look back and realize if he let it go it would have been a goal, then shrug and say to himself 'its mine now!'
Reminds me of a lad I knew who scored a handful of goals in a single game by literally just standing on the goal line doing nothing until someone else kicked a goal that he could mark on the line and take for himself.

Reminds me of a lad I knew who scored a handful of goals in a single game by literally just standing on the goal line doing nothing until someone else kicked a goal that he could mark on the line and take for himself.

Josh Jenkins?

I saw that in an opposition team when my oldest son would have been in U14s. They had a kid who was like a beach-ball with limbs and who could run about 5m and no more. But he was a great contested mark and stood about 15m out from goal so if they got a kick to him they got a goal.

I coached a young lad in U13’s who, in the first few games, kicked a lot of goals including poaching others that were clearly going through. I had a brief chat with him after the game where he let it slip his old man was giving him cash for every goal he kicked. 4 weeks at full back put paid to that little scheme.

I coached a young lad in U13’s who, in the first few games, kicked a lot of goals including poaching others that were clearly going through. I had a brief chat with him after the game where he let it slip his old man was giving him cash for every goal he kicked. 4 weeks at full back put paid to that little scheme.

The ugly face of professionalism creeping in to the U13s ;)

I just hope we dont try to re invent the wheel to much now seeing a few things paid off. Watts back Ebert forward boak no surprise works his best in the guts.
Hope we dont keep throwing people around now

I saw that in an opposition team when my oldest son would have been in U14s. They had a kid who was like a beach-ball with limbs and who could run about 5m and no more. But he was a great contested mark and stood about 15m out from goal so if they got a kick to him they got a goal.
Giving me nightmares about playing mixed netball where the other team had a forward who was about 2m tall and deadly accurate, lining up on my friend who was maybe 1.6m tall.

Every time they won the ball in the centre it was a guaranteed goal because there was no way to stop him catching it, and no way to block his shot.

On the plus side it was hilarious watching her jump up and down in front of him while he took the shots.

At the convention the coaches said that they want to be known as a team where you know you've played us the next day and be a lot more unsociable.

Another reason to get rid of the introverts who wouldn't have been onboard with that sort of behaviour because it upsets them when others do it to them.
Like the first paragraph. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gotta be careful with evaluating the introverts. Most of the great singer songwriters are introverts off stage, ie they draw their energy to the inner world, but get them on the stage they appear to be strong extroverts ie orient their energy to the outer world. Those type of introverts are fine.

I’ve had this problem before also, one lad was getting $10 a goal. I left him forward with directions to feed him when we played a weaker team one day & he popped 16 goals. His dad was pissed. After that I suggested to parents if they want to reward something useful pay sticking a tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After that I suggested to parents if they want to reward something useful pay sticking a tackle.

When I was in U/12s or something my dad offered me 50c for every time I "made a contest" so I could spend it on packets of those footy stickers... Given the type of footballer I was as a kid he never had to pay out that much.

Titus O'Reilly is probably less funny than Peter Hellier.

He made the existential mistake of graduating up from humourous Twitter takes to appearing on television looking like he does and actually needing to be on-the-fly funny.

Lol. We smashed them so badly that they are going to cook themselves trying to fix it.

Is this guy a journalist or an apologist? Seems to be making a lot of excuses and repeating himself with the same points.

Like the first paragraph. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gotta be careful with evaluating the introverts. Most of the great singer songwriters are introverts off stage, ie they draw their energy to the inner world, but get them on the stage they appear to be strong extroverts ie orient their energy to the outer world. Those type of introverts are fine.
Wasn't C. Cornes regarded as an introvert off the field? I seem to recall hearing he had one of the worst cases of white line fever going around.

Forgot to put the CD's player rankings up for this game. Put it in here now.

1554870015417.png

1554870051335.png

And Champion Data tables

Melbourne players were average - not much green or red for individual players but plent of red in the team differentials.

1556070983476.png

A lot of Green in Ports

1556071128766.png

Last edited:
Back