Review Round 1 2019 vs Melbourne

Who was your BOG?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the wasted inside 50 barrage in the second quarter would come back to hurt us like previous years but it didn't because we kept at it with a much improved game that wasn't afraid to commit to the attack but still accountable defence. If you keep at it you win more than you lose with that game, but not every team will wilt like Melbourne.

Nonetheless, a super encouraging round one win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said a couple of times this pre season we are looking super fit. Running power is so important in the New AFL Order. And we showed a touch of steel in this game.

Confidence is a wonderful thing, let's build on it.

Great Win for my No.2 team ... legit young stars in the making and weeded out the sometimes soft and selfish mentality by exiting Pittard , Polec and Wingard They saw the opportunity to replace whilst these players still had currency in other systems . Win Win for all

Clurey and Jonas were fantastic today. 5 goals they scored after about the 15 min mark of the first quarter. Not a score at all in the last.
Burton was brilliant. I absolutely loved his game, same with Houston. Burton has an insane low penetrating kick, that just breaks lines.
Our worst on ground was probably DBJ. He should go out for Hartlett if fit.
Amon was fantastic too. I felt comfortable every time he got the ball in his hands and I haven’t felt the feeling ever with him.

I've said a couple of times this pre season were are looking super fit. Running power is so important in the New AFL Order. And we showed a touch of steel in this game.

Confidence is a wonderful thing, let's build on it.
Like the cut of your jib ... especially with the 6-6-6

Good signs from Amon today, although still a way to go. 21 disposals. Seemed to have a bit more belief in himself out there and that maybe he belongs there. Hope he can get some consistency this year and maybe prove some people wrong.

Back