Unofficial Preview Round 1 2019 Western Bulldogs v Sydney Saturday March 23, 7.30pm at Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine danger game imo.

Their midfield on a fast track will likely torch us, flashbacks to GWS.
Beveridge's teams has troubled us ever since he took over as coach.

Buddy needs to have a big game if we are going to win because they still have no matchup for him. If he even plays.

If they get out to an early lead at all I see us reverting to keepings off footy.

Genuine danger game imo.

Their midfield on a fast track will likely torch us, flashbacks to GWS.
Beveridge's teams has troubled us ever since he took over as coach.

Buddy needs to have a big game if we are going to win because they still have no matchup for him. If he even plays.

If they get out to an early lead at all I see us reverting to keepings off footy.

They dont have a matchup for Reid either.

I think Jordan Dawson is the most talented player on the Swans list outside the best 22. If he can just get a consistent run at it he could be a handy half forward or 3rd tall. He has a lot of talent and with his size and athleticism he showed in some of the games last year he could have a breakout season this year if he can get a decent run at it.

I think Jordan Dawson is the most talented player on the Swans list outside the best 22. If he can just get a consistent run at it he could be a handy half forward or 3rd tall. He has a lot of talent and with his size and athleticism he showed in some of the games last year he could have a breakout season this year if he can get a decent run at it.

You are not going to get an argument from me. I also think he is the best kick in the entire Swans team, especially if you combine field kicking and kicking for goal. He has been reasonably injury free for a year now so I am very much hoping he will be in the team come round 1 as he offers the Swans something that we otherwise really lack (a player that can kick the ball very accurately).

Dogs will have one of the shortest forward lines in the league.
Grundy would be overkill.
Melican seems a good match for Schache, tho with his lackluster form going into the season I'd be tempted to get extra run in the team but with Smith out we might need Rampe to play smaller, plus allows more flexibility with Aliir.
Blakey in for extra forward height as I could see Heeney and/or Reid going back when Aliir is rucking.

Rampe - Melican - Mills
Lloyd - Aliir - Cunningham
Jones - Parker - Florent
Dawson - Heeney - Lance
Hayward - Reid - Papley
Sinclair - Kennedy - Hewett

Blakey - Ronke - Clarke - McVeigh/Thurlow/O'Riordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back